Deleted

10M Garrosh Normal, advice needed.

Our guild is currently progressing on Garrosh, however some things aren't going really smooth.

At the moment we had like 40+ wipes, most of them happening after +/- 9 minutes in phase two (Empowered wirling corruption / adds). We have tried three healing (paladin, druid and shammy) as well as two healing (druid and holy paladin). We have tried various tactics, to deal with the desecrates: Stacking them next to eachother and burn the boss, spread the desecrates vertically while 1 DPS nukes them. For the adds we try to spread out after the desecrates and letting each DPS kill one add, and taunt them off the healers. However, people do still die because of adds stacking on top of eachother or tanks dying because of being out of range for the healers. Phase one goes fine.

Our DPS is pulling good numbers, almost everyone is pulling 200k dps. Our best try was around 24%. I was wondering if someone could take a look at our logs and maybe give us some advice regarding the players or the tactics.

You can view our logs at: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9i...pes&boss=71865

Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    You'll need to 2 heal if you want to get to p3 before the third heart phase.

Stick to the spread and solo adds strategy. If you can manage it, have your DK take adds out w/ death grip (glyph it for cd reset on killing blow), and the hunter should distracting shot one and be able to kill it inside the cooldown of it. One good at micromanaging their pet should also be able to pet taunt one and pull it away from the group.

If you're at about 15% and close to an empowered whirl, focus the boss through the whirl, and clean up adds during the transition. Use knockbacks and stuns liberally. Shaman should be using capacitor totem almost on cooldown.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    You'll need to 2 heal if you want to get to p3 before the third heart phase.

If you're at about 15% and close to an empowered whirl, focus the boss through the whirl, and clean up adds during the transition. Use knockbacks and stuns liberally. Shaman should be using capacitor totem almost on cooldown.
    Wow.. hold the phone there. That is the exact opposite of what you should do. If there's an emp whirl right before 10%, get the adds down first then push below 10%. The transition itself is the best window to dps him and get him under 20%.

This fight lives and dies by how you handle the empowered whirling corruptions.

- The boss needs to be tanked at a set spot so you don't cause range issues
    - You need to spread on a pre-determined side, knowing roughly where your spot will be.
    - Do your job but keep checking under your feet, if theres a swirl there and add will spawn, side step the swirl and stun / cc / nuke the living shit out of that add. (Every player on your roster has a taunt or stun or other means to keep them apart such as void tendrils) 2 adds dieing on each other isn't the end of the world, its when they get to 4mill HP or so that the shit hits the fan.

Easiest way to manage the whole p2 is to have 3 markers. One in the middle where the boss is tanked, one on the back left, one back right. It should be roughly a 30 yard gap between each (in a triangle formation). Start on left one, when desecrate is dropped move to the boss because MC is next. After MC is broken move to right marker. Rinse repeat. Once empowered whirls come don't stack but get to your rough spot on the correct colour side.

Log specific tips:
    Your prot pala wasn't using Seal of insight on the attempt I checked, that's the biggest what the fuck ever for a prot pala on a progression fight. On top of that he should use EF, its better. I'd argue the same for holy prism on this fight.
    Your priest and mages could improve their uptimes on living bomb / devouring plague etc. It drops off too much. The SP could also help offhealing a bit more with self PW:S / PoM in intermissions etc.
    - Your holy pala never used divine favour in the attempt I checked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qaniki View Post
    Wow.. hold the phone there. That is the exact opposite of what you should do. If there's an emp whirl right before 10%, get the adds down first then push below 10%. The transition itself is the best window to dps him and get him under 20%.
    Yeah, not worth. He'll heal to 25% at the end of the transition, effectively negating the damage you did during it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Yeah, not worth. He'll heal to 25% at the end of the transition, effectively negating the damage you did during it.
    He heals 20% not TO 30% so any dps is infact good and if you push him to 1 health hes only at 20% and not 30 yaa yada making it much faster. Pop lust as hes running is best idea.
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

Listen to what Apraxius said. Your advice is completely wrong and misleading.