Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

My Karazhan theory

(Note: I rarely make threads of my own, criticism is welcome)

So, what do we know?

We know that Kairozdormu will help Garrosh get to Draenor of the past, creating an alternate timeline.
    Now, we know of two places in the universe of Warcraft were time is somewhat unstable and shifty, the first being the Caverns of Time, the second one being Karazhan. Time and space seem to flow in unnatural ways in there. This, combined with the fact that Karazhan has recieved some attention now with a cleanup, has lead me to the following theory.

Everything from here on out is pure speculation.

Kairozdormu, has at some point in the past, or is about to, venture to Karazhan. His intentions? Might just be curiosity. He may have heard about the strange ways in which time seems to work in there, and thus goes there to learn more.

In there, he discovers a hidden path, that takes him to the rumored lower Karazhan, an upside-down version of the tower, extending down below the basement. He makes is way to the "top" of this inverted tower, and as he gazes out through a window, he sees an alien world. Draenor.

The path to the inverted Karazhan turns out to be a portal through space and time. An old experiment by Medivh, perhaps. Maybe he created this portal in an attempt to reach a world were he could sit, silently, by himself. It's possible that Medivh had no intentions of ending up on Draenor.

Kairozdormu studies the portal, and learns some of it's mysterious working.

Fast forward, he helps Garrosh flee. He might have been able to open another, small portal to Draenor. Or, what I find to be more likely, he takes Garrosh with him to Karazhan and leads him through the already existing portal. We, the players, chase after them. The portal is probably small, and unstable, we are hesitant to go through. It is decided that a select few, brave souls will travel through the portal. Amongst those select few is, of course, the player.

We find ourselves on Draenor, and the portal seems to remain stable. For now, this small portal remain our only gateway to Draenor, but we soon learn about Garrosh's plans to open a new portal on this alternate Draenor, and connect it to our very own portal in the Blasted Lands. What remains of the Horde and Alliance armies gather in the Blasted Lands, prepared should Garrosh succeed, while we work to sabotage his work through the small portal in Karazhan.

This is how I see the expansion starting off. Most of it could probably go into the pre-patch before WoD hits.

This could also explain, finally, how Gorehowl, the legendary weapon of Grom Hellscream, ended up in Karazhan. This has never been explained and is by all means considered a "lore-less" placement of the weapon. Maybe when we go to Draenor we find that the alternate version of Grom is not wielding his iconic weapon. It could have gone missing. One of our first quests in an attempt to get on the good side with him, which is probably what we want, could be to retrieve Gorehowl for him.

So, thoughts? Too far fetched?

EDIT: I see now there is quite a big thread going on this subject already, perhaps I should've posted this there instead of making a new thread.
    Last edited by Tzalix; 2013-11-18 at 02:31 AM.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Uuuuuuh I like ur idea, but I don't see this happening... I'm myself thinking of Med'an, who else would want such place?

[Edit] Oh damn maybe ur idea is possible D: Now that I think of that chess game and all that..very old lore. And yes gorehowl I just tried to find lore behind it, but I couldn't find any D: I'm confused
    Last edited by RadiationWoW; 2013-11-18 at 02:38 AM.

Deleted
    Can't really comment on your theory, every theory seems really far fetched in my eyes nowadays. But I find it interesting that you bring up Gorehowl. I haven't thought of it being in Kara since TBC and considering the restorations of the dungeon, I'm starting to really think something will happen there.

problem with your theory is where the player's involvement comes in. Its basically pointed out we go through the dark portal, which is now red, to get there.

Kairozdormu travels back in time, copies the book of medivh and comes back? We see it in a flash back so they revamped kara for it.
    Last edited by Maoli; 2013-11-18 at 03:06 AM.

Very possible theory, considering the facts we have so far.

I am very interested in this theory about Gorehowl. I have always wondered why it was in Karazhan, and why it dropped off Prince of all people. I'm curious to know the connection, also I would be happy if they reused Karazhan, but not in the traditional remix of an old dungeon, but maybe at least an area that you explore to get clues or something for a few quests.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think too many people are just flat out forgetting that everything involving time travel for WoD is an alternate world, not our's. So all these theories about Kairoz being involved are flat out impossible.

We know Khadgar is involved in WoD, meaning he's back from Outland. Could be there's an alliance storyline about him reclaiming Karazhan while the Horde has a storyline about Vol'jin establishing himself as Warchief.

Then the Iron Horde invades...
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I think too many people are just flat out forgetting that everything involving time travel for WoD is an alternate world, not our's. So all these theories about Kairoz being involved are flat out impossible.
    Flashback scenario of Kairoz investigating Prince Malchezaar's ability to open portal to other realities/dimensions? To explain to us players why Kairoz is suddenly able to send Garrosh back in time to a new reality.

The Dark Riders in Karazhan collected artifacts for Medivh/Malchezaar explains Gorehowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Maoli View Post
    The Dark Riders in Karazhan collected artifacts for Medivh/Malchezaar explains Gorehowl.
    Where was Gorehowl last seen? In the battle with Mannoroth? Where did that battle take place? Was it Azeroth?

My money is still on Jaina occupying it to become a future raid zone where we take out Garrosh 2.0... I mean... take out Jaina.

Or it's a setup for Medan to take control of it, then unveil he's the new Avatar of Sargeras (He was conceived by medievh while he was still Sargeras-posessed....)

Quote Originally Posted by Sebsmash View Post
    Where was Gorehowl last seen? In the battle with Mannoroth? Where did that battle take place? Was it Azeroth?
    Ashenvale where he died.

Kairozdormu IS Medihv, He has his own reasons to make the people of Azeroth go to the alternate Draenor (wich he has had accsess to trough Kara)

During WoD we will come to know how Prince Malchezaar got Gorehowl (quests, scenarios/raids)
    I've no idea what to write here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    My money is still on Jaina occupying it to become a future raid zone where we take out Garrosh 2.0... I mean... take out Jaina.

Or it's a setup for Medan to take control of it, then unveil he's the new Avatar of Sargeras (He was conceived by medievh while he was still Sargeras-posessed....)
    Mvallas. Please shut the heck up. Please do, shut up.

Mods: This is not literally do not infract me!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I highly doubt Sargeras would be able to jump bodies via sperm. That's just plain silly. And wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    I highly doubt Sargeras would be able to jump bodies via sperm. That's just plain silly. And wrong.
    he did it with medivh

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    he did it with medivh
    He didn't, though. He possessed Medivh while he was in Aegwynn's womb where he was still technically a part of Aegwynn.

I'd be happy to see Karazahn return as a citadel for Garrosh, Jaina, or Me'dan. I see good ideas in all of those suggestions.

All I ask is you don't remove the chess event. Leave it so I may solo when I need a little challenge, and give me an achievement for doing so. Thanks Blizz. Do that.