Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Disc priest legendary cloak.

Hey, I have the healing and DPS version of the legendary cloak. I understand with the healing cloak it is not as viable for us as other classes due to low over healing, but it is a still a flat 5% healing increase when it does proc. The DPS legendary cloak provides 1% more crit from the stats and provides a proc that deals damage over 4 seconds and procs often from what I can see. But just to confirm, the proc dot does not affect attonment healing, right? I thought disc priests in higher tiers was using it for the damage increase for their raid and not using the healing one because not much of a loss when using the DPS one.

My writing is terrible but its 5:46AM and I'm running on coffee haha sorry

a lot of the highest pretty much just switch, also disc has about double the rppm for the cloak

and if you get to the high end fights where enrage timers are an issue, pulling out the dps cloak can be nice

and no, you don't heal through the dps cloak unless you're a fistweaver, which disc priests are not

but sometimes being able to just cast prayer of healing or your level 90 talent and know that it's going to be redistributed out to the raid when it overheals by the cloak proc is really nice

really, the end result is both are somewhat lackluster compared to other classes, but at least you don't have to hot pets that have healing bonus passives redistribute to people like some classes, but overall you'll probably like the dps one more

Deleted
    Brilliant thank you For the kind of content I am clearing at the moment the DPS one doesn't concern me, thx ^^

Deleted
    dont forget that the DD cloak proc does AE dmg and therefore easily can proc ToF
    except for juggernaut hc there is no fight i would recommend the healing cloak (i know the fights up to (incl.) malkorok)

I just stick to the healing cloak all around, easier to get good ranks on WoL.

Deleted
    another misguided healer playing for WoL rankings? -.-

The dps cloak single target does almost 15% of my damage consistently, where as the healing cloak was at MOST 1% of my healing -- ever.

I think there's a clear choice between the 2. Not to mention the dps cloak has perfect stats, whereas the healing cloak has spirit. For instance, on Heroic Iron Juggernaut it pulled 3.65 million damage -- almost as much as Holy Fire! That's single target. Any fight with any cleave whatsoever (Heroic Shams at the start, Nazgrim [both difficulties, Spoils, etc.) it is a very clear winner between the two. We do essentially 0 overhealing.

Quote Originally Posted by zille View Post
    another misguided healer playing for WoL rankings? -.-
    There is a pathetically large number of them who care about their rankings. :\

Made by Elyaan

Caring about making rank shows you are a good competetive healer.

Bad healers who pad can't make rank anyway, not that you can pad or anything on most heroics.

It's not even about ranking Fluttershy.

You should be picking whichever cloak brings the most to your raid. In many cases that's the DPS cloak, especially when adds that need to be burned down are a concern.

I'm not sure how ~1-5% increase in healing over a better itemized cloak that also contributes damage is worth it in most cases.

IMHO, OP, switch back and forth as needed. I even take the DPS cloak on Heroic Norushen, because it allows me to DPS down my add faster. I do take the healing cloak on heroic Malkorok however.

Ranking doesnt mean anything. All logs of ranked players are manipulated to favor the persons that want to rank. Scumbag healers / dps etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Ranking doesnt mean anything. All logs of ranked players are manipulated to favor the persons that want to rank. Scumbag healers / dps etc.
    I get the point of ranks not having much meaning and using the healer cloak as disc to get better ranks is quite silly, but thinking that 'all logs of ranked players' being manipulated is just as silly...

People need to stop kidding themselves. The extra damage from the DPS cloak hardly matters at this stage of the tier.

Anyway, a good healer will know how to maximize the legendary cloak (especially one who knows how to monitor its procs and abuse DA with it). I also wouldn't underestimate just how strong the healing proc is when synced with the level 90 talents. The only reason people think the proc does so little for Disc is due to the fact that our absorbs do so much.
    Last edited by Basmothh; 2013-11-18 at 03:09 PM.

Assuming your raid is playing perfectly, no the dps doesn't matter.

But I know for certain I do more add damage than quite a few of our dps. The cloak most certainly makes a difference in some of our heroic kills. Should I have to worry about DPS'ing adds? Not really. But I know what my raid needs so I bring what I can to the table.

Some people are more interested in their ego and thus rankings than their raid, some of us like to contribute to our raid as much as possible even if that means sacrificing meter positions for more beneficial service. But to each their own provided it doesn't impact me

My Priest is still working on the cloak chain (he's an alt) but I'll definitely be taking the DPS cloak first, it just seems silly to do otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

Quote Originally Posted by Basmothh View Post
    I also wouldn't underestimate just how strong the healing proc is when synced with the level 90 talents.
    I agree, but only on paper.

How many times are you holding on to your DS/Halo? Especially with DS, I pretty much use it on CD (Thok is the major exception to this), maybe a few secs later if it didn't line up with AA for some reason. And Halo most likely heals everyone (maybe except one-two people who like to stand in Silvermoon) up to full -and leave capped DA shields- without the proc.

I personally can't find a good enough reason to use the healer cloak as disc on 10s. Extra damage might be negligible, but the extra healing you might get with gaming the healing proc doesn't exactly matter at this point of the tier either. To each his own really...

Quote Originally Posted by Naer View Post
    Assuming your raid is playing perfectly, no the dps doesn't matter.

But I know for certain I do more add damage than quite a few of our dps. The cloak most certainly makes a difference in some of our heroic kills. Should I have to worry about DPS'ing adds? Not really. But I know what my raid needs so I bring what I can to the table.
    The raid doesn't even have to be playing properly. Most 25-man raiders who have been clearing SoO since the start are more than sufficiently outgeared for the content. I know my raid has absolutely no issue with damage, so what benefit does the DPS cloak serve the raid? Shaving off 1-2 seconds from the boss fight is pretty much meaningless.

@Shockeye
    The arguments about contributing to the raid as much as possible also don't make much sense. You're a healer, so isn't maximizing your healing output the best way you can contribute to the raid?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post

How many times are you holding on to your DS/Halo? Especially with DS, I pretty much use it on CD (Thok is the major exception to this), maybe a few secs later if it didn't line up with AA for some reason. And Halo most likely heals everyone (maybe except one-two people who like to stand in Silvermoon) up to full -and leave capped DA shields- without the proc.

I personally can't find a good enough reason to use the healer cloak as disc on 10s. Extra damage might be negligible, but the extra healing you might get with gaming the healing proc doesn't exactly matter at this point of the tier either. To each his own really...
    Yea, but there will still be times when they sync up, especially with DS.

Anyway, this point is more for 25-man raiders. The extra damage from the cloak pales in comparison to your raid's total DPS.

You get 5% more healing even if the overheal is completely wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    I have yet to see this ever happen, never stopped me from ranking, so.. what are you talking about?
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    You get 5% more healing even if the overheal is completely wasted.
    I know, yet it still isn't noticeable especially because it has around 12-25% uptime and most bosses don't really require constantly high output...

Take a look at the priests who consistently get high ranks. You can see that some of them use the dps cloak and some of them use the healer cloak... I'm pretty sure it doesn't make a difference most people can even notice; other factors affect your hps more than your cloak.

I know, yet it still isn't noticeable especially because it has around 12-25% uptime and most bosses don't really require constantly high output...

Take a look at the priests who consistently get high ranks. You can see that some of them use the dps cloak and some of them use the healer cloak... I'm pretty sure it doesn't make a difference most people can even notice; other factors affect your hps more than your cloak.
    This precisely. Now, if you're taking it upon yourself to DPS adds down faster like Naer, taking the DPS cloak is good for an entirely different reason than ranking or throughput in any case.