Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

How do you pull 400K+ DPS ?

Was looking at raidbots and saw the top fury guys doing 400K+ on fights like Iron, Nazgrim and Malkorok. I play on Taiwanese server (+8 ilevel) and only managed to pull 320k on Nazgrim with a 582 main hand weapon and 569 off hand weapon (using normal evil eye and HTF feather trinkets). So how do they pull those numbers? I know the Thok trinket could make a big difference but is it that much?

Check combat duration. Usually to pull off high numbers, the ratio of time spent in Bloodlust needs to be high.

Deleted
    Higher dps in the raid and they might just zerg Nazgrim through defensive stance too.

Depends on the raid size. 25 man has more cd's available (rogue TotT), and players can specifically abuse fights in order to rank higher. A prime example would be Jin'rokh - other dps would hold back until 4 puddles were up, then burn. Warrior would get to sit and Execute spam, leading to higher numbers.

im no expert, but the difference is usually minimizing downtime to the extreme. in a lot of cases they cater their strat to help the warrior rank.

10+ Year Old Account
    The "top fury guys" sim at or above 400k. On Malkorok you can cleave on the slimes with Meat Cleaver + RB or BS, on Nazgrim you can bladestorm the faithful for a burst of 3-4 million to start the fight, and Iron is just playing well and using charge to stay in range for the knock back as well as being in Berserker stance for the AoE pulsing phase (laser phase). Thok Trinket is also quite excellent. As an example I sim at 330k and pulled 380k on Malkorok thanks to cleaving on the adds as well as playing tight in single target. I dont have Thok's Tail Tip.

It's just a matter of playing well mainly. You may not be juggling your procs correctly inside and outside of CS if you sim higher then what you put out.

Best of luck to you.

TLDR - Gear and playing correctly.
    Roseby - Fury/Arms Warrior
    Jobei - Elemental Shaman

Requiel's #1 Fan.

I sim @ ~395k and did 415k on Iron Jugg this week without a galakras trinket (9 kills and never dropped). Just make sure you go berserker stance for the seismic activity phase and charge for each knockback to avoid downtime like Roseby said...and hopefully you don't get unlucky and have to kite the laser, as that may ruin your damage.

Thok's trinket really is that big of a deal. The long strength proc which lines up with the galakras one combined with the crit and mastery multipliers make it scale ridiculously well, so much so that yesterday when I was playing with one of our main warriors he managed to do closer to 30% more damage than me during the first ~25s because of crit damage scaling.

Another big bump in damage seems to come from replacing two Sha weapons with two Garrosh ones for a 2200+ mastery increase. Enrage damage really adds up.

gear, specifically the 2 bis trinkets, i got 380k on malkarok this week but i dont have thoks, probably would have got 400k with it, doubt i'll ever get that high on juggs as we skip the phase :'(

Deleted
    Have good gear, its PVE people Gear is 95% u gotta pretty fking terrible if u wanna mess up a 'rotation'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastig View Post
    Have good gear, its PVE people Gear is 95% u gotta pretty fking terrible if u wanna mess up a 'rotation'
    I think a lot of people who focus primarily upon PvE would disagree with you.
    Roseby - Fury/Arms Warrior
    Jobei - Elemental Shaman

Requiel's #1 Fan.

Deleted
    According to my calculations it's all RNG. Warrior dps in general relies on RNG. People who rank are only blessed with good RNG and not skill like you might think.

Quote Originally Posted by Yes View Post
    According to my calculations it's all RNG. Warrior dps in general relies on RNG. People who rank are only blessed with good RNG and not skill like you might think.
    So you mean that the 5-10 people who consistently hold the top10 ranks on most boss fights this tier just have good RNG on every single kill they do?

We're not far enough into the tier for RNG to be the main factor behind good ranks. At this point in time, most high ranks are achieved by a combination of good play, good gear and a good strat/fast kill. In a few months time, when more people get near full BiS, RNG will play a bigger factor, but until we get there, the components I just mentioned is the by far biggest source of high ranking logs.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    So you mean that the 5-10 people who consistently hold the top10 ranks on most boss fights this tier just have good RNG on every single kill they do?

We're not far enough into the tier for RNG to be the main factor behind good ranks. At this point in time, most high ranks are achieved by a combination of good play, good gear and a good strat/fast kill. In a few months time, when more people get near full BiS, RNG will play a bigger factor, but until we get there, the components I just mentioned is the by far biggest source of high ranking logs.
    Actually no, when it comes to warriors AKA one of the most crit dependent class minus fire mages it all comes down to RNG. Crit is the most RNG related stat in game and when it comes to ranking it only matters if ou have somewhat decent gear(BiS doesn't matter) and you have good enough luck in RNG to get the most crits possible over the duration of the fight. How well you play the class has very little to do with it. I believe an a average skilled player in somewhat decent gear could easily rank is he has good RNG luck with him.

You base your argument on the fact that Fury is all about RNG, which is not true.

If gear didn't exist, and all Fury warriors had the exact same stats, and everyone went and killed the exact same bosses a few 1000 times, you would still have people who perform higher then others. This isn't them having good RNG, as the 1000 of tries would even out the RNG factor. These players who can perform at a higher level will parse higher, and that is something that you can see if you look at the top rankings for Fury this tier, or last tier. Most of the people who are topping now were also topping last tier.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Actually no, when it comes to warriors AKA one of the most crit dependent class minus fire mages it all comes down to RNG. Crit is the most RNG related stat in game and when it comes to ranking it only matters if ou have somewhat decent gear(BiS doesn't matter) and you have good enough luck in RNG to get the most crits possible over the duration of the fight. How well you play the class has very little to do with it. I believe an a average skilled player in somewhat decent gear could easily rank is he has good RNG luck with him.
    Warrior dps doesn't fluctuate that much in my experience. I get very consistent results between pulls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    Was looking at raidbots and saw the top fury guys doing 400K+ on fights like Iron, Nazgrim and Malkorok. I play on Taiwanese server (+8 ilevel) and only managed to pull 320k on Nazgrim with a 582 main hand weapon and 569 off hand weapon (using normal evil eye and HTF feather trinkets). So how do they pull those numbers? I know the Thok trinket could make a big difference but is it that much?
    1.) Padding. Nazgrim, if you one shot it, you can get something like 20m-40m damage right out the gate by padding on the adds. Sometimes this damage is wasted, sometimes it is useful, but in generally I'll call it padding since that is a common term.

2.) How your group does a fight. This can be huge. Positioning, who does what mechanics, how good your other DPS are (especially in AoE fights) and the like. Going down first for heroic Norsh, stacking fallen protectors, etc.

3.) RNG. Buffs on Sha, lucky crits, etc.

4.) Skill/gear. Huge huge huge. You have crappy trinkets so that's def part of the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xami View Post
    Check combat duration. Usually to pull off high numbers, the ratio of time spent in Bloodlust needs to be high.
    Not so much for a warrior. Slightly more AA damage, and more WS/HS and RPPM procs. The real issue is how close to CD interval the fight is. A 5 minute fight, where you can use reck 3 times and SB twice will be much better than a 2:55 fight where you only get 2 recks and 1 SB.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    Depends on the raid size. 25 man has more cd's available (rogue TotT), and players can specifically abuse fights in order to rank higher. A prime example would be Jin'rokh - other dps would hold back until 4 puddles were up, then burn. Warrior would get to sit and Execute spam, leading to higher numbers.
    ToFT doesn't stack w/ enrage so it's fairly useless for a warrior. IIRC at least (We don't have a rogue.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brodeo View Post
    im no expert, but the difference is usually minimizing downtime to the extreme. in a lot of cases they cater their strat to help the warrior rank.
    Not that I've ever seen. Skill is a much bigger issue than doing a strat just to rank. Unless you mean things like letting the warrior go down first for Norsh, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I'm sure the only reason I consistently beat people with 5-10 ilvls on me is due to RNG.

400k + on nazgrim is pad or strat. I never break 300k for that fight because we always 1) reset mobs 2) put fury full on add priority 3) never touch boss (not even 1 sec) on def stance. It is a discipline that we follow.

400k+ on iron Jugg is abit of RNG, abit of risk taking. I used to go into defensive stance during phase 2 and chain my internal CDs +drop externals. I do >350k in a safe way now that I'm much more geared with much higher health such that I can use Zerker stance. Still could do more if I don't pop personals and drop defensive banner and rally cries which also takes up GCD

For malkorok, would have broken 400k if not for taunt taking up a GCD. Banner, rally cries and soaks. Still do about 380+

In short, if you are decently geard you should get ranked without really trying too hard. Fighting for the top 10 rank may not be ideal from a raid perspective. If you are 14:14h that's fine but when your guild is still prog, don't really bother too much about ranks
    Last edited by senturion; 2013-11-19 at 02:11 AM.

I begin to see why people don't believe you're a HC raider, with the.. great.. inputs you come with

Is plenty of people that is ranked on almost every single bossfight. Are they just very lucky? Please educate us with your vast knowledge in.. calculations.. for how lucky a person is to be ranked on just 8 fights?

To OP:
    Nazgrim is most likely just him getting all the start adds for himself. Rest i don't know
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    400k + on nazgrim is pad or strat. I never break 300k for that fight because we always 1) reset mobs 2) put fury full on add priority 3) never touch boss (not even 1 sec) on def stance. It is a discipline that we follow.

400k+ on iron Jugg is abit of RNG, abit of risk taking. I used to go into defensive stance during phase 2 and chain my internal CDs +drop externals. I do >350k in a safe way now that I'm much more geared with much higher health such that I can use Zerker stance. Still could do more if I don't pop personals and drop defensive banner and rally cries which also takes up GCD

For malkorok, would have broken 400k if not for taunt taking up a GCD. Banner, rally cries and soaks. Still do about 380+

In short, if you are decently geard you should get ranked without really trying too hard. Fighting for the top 10 rank may not be ideal from a raid perspective. If you are 14:14h that's fine but when your guild is still prog, don't really bother too much about ranks
    Interesting. I always taunt boss and tunnel through defensive stance, and we always grip an add to melee. Too much damage loss having a fury warrior target swap that much. Than again, 10m differences. I do swap to snipers.