Deleted

Using the timeless isle to level

So I'm about to level my dk and thought I might do this timeless isle method of farming the turtles and swarmers. Just for poops and giggles.

Just wondering what people might think is best since it's air kiting mostly.
    Frost for increased control and HB DMG, unholy for increased disease DMG or blood for the better survive ability since if I get caught they will still hurt...

Thoughts?
    I'll be using a fair few AH buys and archeology weapon/trinket to keep a decent ilvl. 425 I think at 85

If you're leveling off kiting a bunch of things, howling blast+chillbains will most likely work best if you can't just be blood.

The timeless isle mobs hit considerably harder yet give no more XP than other level 90 mobs in Pandaria.

Complete waste of time and effort.

My suggestion is to just go to Kun Lai and kill the Hozen like everyone else trying to powerlevel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMO-Loser View Post
    The timeless isle mobs hit considerably harder yet give no more XP than other level 90 mobs in Pandaria.

My suggestion is to just go to Kun Lai and kill the Hozen like everyone else trying to powerlevel.
    Really? A friend leveled from 86-90 in around 4 hours killing the mobs in the village.

For both of these methods, regardless of what may be quicker, would it work on an arms/prot warrior? Or is this specific to classes like blood DK?
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    HB+Chillbains is your best choice for kiting. I am not sure if the mobs on the isle give hore XP than the other ones around pandaria.

The hozens in the Kun Lai are fixed a long time ago. They reward 4 times less xp atm if im not wrong (anyway less than before). About the village im not sure if troll or serious, but the pandarens in the vilige hit quite hard so unless some1 helped him i dont see how your frend did it.
    On the other hand (idk on what server you are playing) you can get camped if oposite faction see you :P
    Maybe Isle of thunder might be better place for this since its already god forsaken place and there are a lot of trolls and sauroks to just kill anything constantly

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    For both of these methods, regardless of what may be quicker, would it work on an arms/prot warrior? Or is this specific to classes like blood DK?
    Prot has shockwave/disrupting shout / leaps + charge to nullify teh worms. I levelled my warrior here.

@MMO-Loser, you're wrong. Simple as.

If you are a weak class you kill just the little worms, they spawn in packs of 10-12 and only do a short range cast for a stacking dot. Any interrupt, silence, stun, or kiting works couple with aoeing. They only have about 150k hp too.

If you are a little tougher like a tank, you can farm turtles inbetween. Remember to get a crystal of insanity + chiji buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Kill the Sauroks in Krasarang. It's the new levelling trend I hear.

Deleted
    with my monk rested xp/mob:
    32k xp on lvl 87
    ~40k on lvl 88
    It's only worth to bomb down the small mobs near the village.

Beware of the worms under the trees

Quote Originally Posted by MMO-Loser View Post

You have clearly never tried timeless isle levelling before. The packs of swarmers contain something like 8-12 mobs, and for my toon when rested, were giving around 33k XP each, and have something like 85k HP each (far far less than normal mobs). Also, if you play correctly the swarmers never hit you with a single attack. It generally took less than an hour per level while rested to grind these. It is also optimal if you have a main toon you generally play, and log on to your levelling alt, make a quick circuit of the swarmers (5 packs in 5 minutes, around 2 million XP) then go back to your main while you let them respawn. Very efficient if you are ok with casually levelling an alt over time.

Personally I found the best strategy for this on my DK was far and away going Blood, too many stacks of that poison from the swarmers hurt. Though you can technically kite them and never get hit, but I found it faster to go blood. Probably by 88 it would've been optimal to switch, but I was too lazy to leave.

The biggest advice I can give is this: before you head there reforge every single piece into hit rating. These are 90 mobs, and you will miss a LOT at first, making sure your attacks land is top priority.