Warlock Destruction = 0
    Warlock Affliction = 15

Shaman Elemental = 4
    Shaman Restoration = 22
    Shaman Enhancement = 7

Warrior Protection = 0
    Warrior Fury = 0
    Warrior Arms = 29

Just thought id throw it out there...for those people who were wondering who's the strongest class/spec atm
    All 3 Shaman specs are good
    Arms warriors obviously
    Warlocks
    All 3 Priest specs are good
    Holy paladins
    Hunters
    Mages
    The only real viable spec for DK's is quite good
    Druids except Moonkins.

Keep in mind this is all 2200 +

Is this EU or US ladder?

US ladder i should do an EU one aswel.

I wonder how many of those holy pally spots are TSG. I've only done a few games on my pal but still seems much weaker than my disc.

EU ladders
    2200 +
    Druid restoration = 10
    Druid Balance = 1
    Druid Feral = 6

Arcane Mages = 0
    Fire mages = 3
    Frost mages = 26

Unholy Death knights = 20
    Frost Death knights = 0
    Blood Death knights = 0

Hunter beast mastery = 4
    Hunter Marksmanship = 1
    Hunter Survival = 14

Rogue Subtlety = 7
    Rogue Assass = 1
    Rogue Combat = 0

Monk brewmaster = 0
    Monk Windwalker = 3
    Monk Mistweaver = 1

Paladin Holy = 12
    Paladin Retribution = 1
    Paladin Protection = 0

Priest Holy = 28
    Priest Discipline = 10
    Priest Shadow = 18

Warlock Demonology = 1
    Warlock Destruction = 1
    Warlock Affliction = 17

Shaman Elemental = 9
    Shaman Restoration = 29
    Shaman Enhancement = 4

Warrior Protection = 0
    Warrior Fury = 0
    Warrior Arms = 41

Wait, SV Hunter is viable again?
    Excuse me, been away a while.

Rogues are pretty bad this season, and I'm not even joking or whining.

Batmoon do some statistics to make this thread more complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Batmoon do some statistics to make this thread more complete.
    I put them into the same spreadsheet I used in my thread and got these graphs out (click for full size). Makes it easier to read and compare between EU and US.

Class Representation

Healer Representation

DPS Representation

Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-09-24 at 03:36 PM.

It is amazing to me how similar the two major regions are because in my experience the EU plays a totally different style game than the US. It is a generalization, but the EU tends to have more turtle style games and the US has more zerg style games. No real concrete proof one way or the other, just anecdotal evidence based on personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    It is amazing to me how similar the two major regions are because in my experience the EU plays a totally different style game than the US. It is a generalization, but the EU tends to have more turtle style games and the US has more zerg style games. No real concrete proof one way or the other, just anecdotal evidence based on personal experience.
    Yeah, I was surprised by the similarities too. The only real differences are EU has more mages and priests while US has more hunters and paladins. Most the other numbers are really similar.

Deleted
    Knowing Blizzard, I guess this will be the norm until the next expansion. Hopefully they remove the debuff from 2v2 though.

Oh nice graphs Snuggli, makes things a lot clearer.

I know these charts need to be read with a grains of salt because they arent the be-all end-all, but they raise some questions:

-What happened to ret? They were very strong last season, but have they fallen off because it was just a real synergy with hunters, that is now being fill by warriors?
    -IMO resto druids are best healers, and I have heard this sentiment a lot. Weird that they are #4 represented. Maybe because their skill cap is so much higher than the others?
    -I find it surprising that feral isnt still really highly represented. Ferals have the CC and consistent damage to be really effective in slower games. Maybe just taking people time to get used to casting clones?
    -Wow. Warriors. I feel for anyone trying to play warrior. Feels like such a fine line between underpowered and overpowered, and they really cant seem to hit it. I dont feel like they are way overpowered though. Once we all get a bit of gear I think they will probably even out as they tend to scale poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by junn View Post
    -What happened to ret? They were very strong last season, but have they fallen off because it was just a real synergy with hunters, that is now being fill by warriors?
    -IMO resto druids are best healers, and I have heard this sentiment a lot. Weird that they are #4 represented. Maybe because their skill cap is so much higher than the others?
    -I find it surprising that feral isnt still really highly represented. Ferals have the CC and consistent damage to be really effective in slower games. Maybe just taking people time to get used to casting clones?
    -Wow. Warriors. I feel for anyone trying to play warrior. Feels like such a fine line between underpowered and overpowered, and they really cant seem to hit it. I dont feel like they are way overpowered though. Once we all get a bit of gear I think they will probably even out as they tend to scale poorly.
    Rets are still okay I think, at least I was watching Vanguards play some yesterday, he hopped a bit between his Enh Shaman and his Ret Paladin, seemed to depend on the comps he was playing against. Doing Priest/Warrior and then either Shaman or Paladin. Obviously this is just one example, but I don't honestly know of any other ret paladin streamers heh

Resto Druids are strong, but I'd put them below Priests (both Holy and Disc) as of now. Healing strength is probably Priest -> Druid -> Shaman -> Monk -> Paladin, but the comps they can run are fewer. For example, Priests can run with a lot of comps, Shamans synergize well with Warlock/Warrior (one of the strongest comps this patch, so there will be a lot), Paladins are strong in TSG (another strong comp this patch) while Druids and Monks have less active comps that they can fit into. Even though their healing is strong, they just don't synergize as well.

Feral CC got decimated in 5.4, it isn't too big of a shock that they kind of fell off. Without instant clones you can stop literally 100% of their CC just by training them, and they aren't the tankiest class either. It also doesn't help that Ferals are more or less forced to play with a Priest (any spec) for Symbiosis, so that severely limits the comps they can play in.

You're right about Warriors, for sure. The way the class works they're either unable to stay on targets from a lack of mobility, or have so much mobility that they can kill targets while CCing others. And the fact that Warriors have such strong burst CDs it means if you buff their sustained damage too much they start destroying people with all their CDs up, but if you lower sustained too much they're just a one trick pony that pops CDs and then has to wait for them again if nothing dies. Really hard to balance a class like that. The obvious solution is to remove/nerf some of their CDs, and buff their sustained damage a bit, and then do something about their control.

-I think a ret bursts harder than anything in the game, and are very hard to peel, which will keep them strong.

-Resto druids bring so much to a team though! With the slower pace of the game, hots mean more, clones are always strong, and mushrooms are just new LOH usable while CC'd.

-I had never thought to tunnel a feral to limit their CC (because it never worked before I guess).  Probably be really viable kill targets not necessarily because they are squishy, but because you can limit their dmg/cc by hitting them (kind like a mage?).

I have been having lots of fun in 3's so far this season. However, I fear what the game will look like in full gear. I think it will be a shift back to priest healers, and hunter/ret/warrior rush down comps as the damage goes up. In particular, the classes that scale really well will only get stronger (mages, locks, rogues, basically all the classes that are doing really well in PVE right now). Affliction/mage is already super strong, and this season could see more and more spellcleaves towards the end of the season. That and RMP!
    Last edited by junn; 2013-09-24 at 11:01 PM. Reason: wtfediting

Im a moonkin in PvP and this turns me off from doing 3s.....theres 1 in the entire world practically whos above 2200 rofl...

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    was rsto shams buffed? didnt see any last season and when i did, i killed them.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    was rsto shams buffed? didnt see any last season and when i did, i killed them.
    They were nerfed pretty hard so it's actually pretty surprising there is so many. They are pretty strong vs warriors though.

So judging by this , if you were a blizz dev , What wud u buff and wat wud u nerf..