Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Can't PVP on Timeless Isle.

Hi,

I stopped playing when I got a full set of season 13 Tyrannical. Recently, I've returned and used my 10k conquest cap to get about 4-5 Grievous pieces and am using that along with the rest of my Tyrannical set.

I enjoy using the Censer of Eternal Agony to do some World PVP, but I find that I keep getting devoured by almost everyone. I can only kill about 1 out of every 10 people I open up on.

Now I'm left with only hunting people who are 400k HP or less. I just walk past everyone else because I can't seem to beat them, despite it being 1v1.

Can some PVPers help me out by telling me what I'm doing wrong?

This site won't let me link my armory, so if anyone's interested, my toon in question is Rizzeich, Worgen Druid on Frostmourne Oceanic.

Quote Originally Posted by rizzeich88 View Post
    Hi,

I stopped playing when I got a full set of season 13 Tyrannical. Recently, I've returned and used my 10k conquest cap to get about 4-5 Grievous pieces and am using that along with the rest of my Tyrannical set.

I enjoy using the Censer of Eternal Agony to do some World PVP, but I find that I keep getting devoured by almost everyone. I can only kill about 1 out of every 10 people I open up on.

Now I'm left with only hunting people who are 400k HP or less. I just walk past everyone else because I can't seem to beat them, despite it being 1v1.

This site won't let me link my armory, so if anyone's interested, my toon in question is Rizzeich, Worgen Druid on Frostmourne Oceanic.
    Well there are people walking around with ilvl561+ gear and legondary cloaks/meta gems....they just simply overpower someone in pvp gear...especially if it isnt even the current tier pvp gear...you are going to just get "ate up".

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, just as said above.. PvE geared players absolutely destroy anyone in PvP gear in world PvP, there is nothing you can do. Great design by Blizz as always. I made a Hunter on the ptr and got full Grevious, a PvE geared Hunter dueled me as BM and I died so quick that I didn't even get to use Deterrence.

Deleted
    Hi,

As feral you shouldn't have too much trouble 1v1. In PvP gear stay away from people over 500K hp, they take too long to kill so they will either get away or they get some people to help. You want stuff to die quickly. Open hard with stunlock, ravage, rake and rip up, shreds, ravages when cooldowns. Your opener and bleeds alone should bring someone to 50%

Don't listen too much to the PvE rapes PvP bullshit. A skilled PvP'er eats PvE heroes. I have 0 problems killing heroic geared ppl in my pvp gear.
    Last edited by mmoc9f2c949fa4; 2013-11-18 at 12:39 PM.

Hi,

How do you open on them? when do you use your cooldowns? Do you cyclone to interrupt / get you time to heal up? do you have max uptime on dots? As the other guy said: 'Some classes in PvE gear (because of the ilvl differences) will melt people in open world 1v1 pvp. I'm not much for saying this but go hunt ele shamans, they are harmless in a 1v1 vs any melee. Just learn how different specs work, and how to counter them and you will win.

Well, I spent the first half of season 13 PVPing, and I arena'd mostly with my girlfriend (who isn't too good at games), so I didn't get past 2k in arenas. Although I'm not fantastic by any means, I'm pretty sure I more or less know what I'm doing, and I know my rotations and stuff, as someone who raided hardcore back in BC and Wrath.

Anyway, I open with 0 CP Savage Roar, Pounce, Ravage, Mangle/Shred till 4 CP, Tiger's Fury, Mangle/Shred, Rip, Rake, Thrash. That's normally enough to get someone to 25% health, but now, most of the people I open on still have 70% or more health when my energy is depleted. For some reason, my damage is just tickling them.

Unless I'm mistaken, 522 is the best PVP gear I can possibly get this season. I can only play casually nowadays, so I mostly just PVP in arenas and RBGs. There's no way I'm gonna have time to raid hardcore with a 4 raid night a week schedule just so I can do World PVP as a casual. So I guess that means there's really not much left in this game for me?

Edit: Btw, almost everyone has over 500k HP. I just walk around with my censer killing 1 person every 30 mins or so, someone who has 300k HP. But that doesn't feel very fair cos the person's clearly under-geared.
    Last edited by rizzeich88; 2013-11-18 at 01:01 PM.

Dont forget that on Timeless isle, there are numerous buffs available. 25% to stats and such, healing on hit, 100k or something on hit, etc.

Without them al, you could be at some serious disadvantage.

Deleted
    There was this Warlock with 850K health on Timeless yesterday farming Blood Coins all day and I havent seen him die once.

World pvp = for PvE heroes

When I see one of my faction's censer users I stalk him until he makes his move against the someone and then I attack him. Don't really care about the other faction's censers but when I see traitors I enrage.

this is the only thing about the game that i hate so much i think about quiting. i am still in disbelief that it hasn't been fixed yet

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    As feral you shouldn't have too much trouble 1v1. In PvP gear stay away from people over 500K hp, they take too long to kill so they will either get away or they get some people to help. You want stuff to die quickly. Open hard with stunlock, ravage, rake and rip up, shreds, ravages when cooldowns. Your opener and bleeds alone should bring someone to 50%

Don't listen too much to the PvE rapes PvP bullshit. A skilled PvP'er eats PvE heroes. I have 0 problems killing heroic geared ppl in my pvp gear.
    Then the heroic geared people on your server are trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    Then the heroic geared people on your server are trash.
    Pretty much this. Skill has no bearing whatsoever when a heroic geared player with the Chi-Ji buff and a crystal can literally kill a pvp geared player in 2-3 GCD's and has 1.5x the hp to boot.

I think some people don't realize the kind of discrepancy there is between BiS pvp and BiS pve at the moment. Assuming full grievous vs full heroic warforged gear you are talking literally a 50 item level difference. This could basically be compared stats wise to a player in full grievous dueling someone with a set consisting of 463 heroic blues and 476's from the first raid finder...

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post
    Dont forget that on Timeless isle, there are numerous buffs available. 25% to stats and such, healing on hit, 100k or something on hit, etc.

Without them al, you could be at some serious disadvantage.
    The censer wipes them off frequently, but people you fight who aren't using a censer get full benefit and will annihilate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Aw damn all those "dragon slayers" or "PVE players that dont know how to play" killing all the "real PVP players", god forbid!

Pve gear combined with buffs is way too op compared to pvp gear

Deleted
    Kinda silly on pvp realm

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    A skilled PvP'er eats PvE heroes. I have 0 problems killing heroic geared ppl in my pvp gear.
    I invite you to kill my disc priest in world pvp. Only ilvl 550 with legendary gem and cloak. I have almost full set of grievous, but In my pve gear I am invincible in world pvp (1v1). There were times when I had to equip my pvp set to move safe in the world, now I have to grind dragons to do that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll ask this here as it is relevant to the topic of causing havoc in the world and feeding on the tears of the hunted...

My buddy recently leveled his druid up to accompany me on my many endeavors (as a rogue) but he dies a lot. I mean, people call it cowardly, but I call it smart when the odds shift in their favor and we need to bail. only problem is as a BoS rogue engineer with the monkey swimming hat I can literally escape ANYTHING.... my druid buddy can't though... but I've also seen other feral gankers that are a bitch to catch and seem like they can escape everything.

I'm going to help him level engineering so he can do that, but I'm actually curious what kind of talent a Feral druid would use for ganking. He swears by Feral charge but I'm still thinking Displacer Beast would serve his purpose better for ganking. I'm not a druid, though, and I can't really weigh in on the subject. Anyone got any recommendations for talents and glyphs that would help?

He currently runs: Wild charge, ysera's gift, typhoon, incarnation, mighty bash, and heart of the wild.

but looking at the talents, I feel like Displacer Beast, Mass entanglement, and ursol's vortex would help him be able to survive when shit gets out of control and we need to GTFO ASAP. Aoe root, blink, and vortex while sprinting off... They might not be the ideal talents for arena or dueling, but W-PvP is a different playing field, like i said you have to know how to pick your battles and when you need to survive. Nobody kills a blood coin ganker and says, "Wow, that guy stood his ground and didn't run. he's so cool/honorable/respectable/etc." they call you bad and laugh. If you run, they call you a bad/coward/pussy... it's lose-lose, so I prefer the option where I don't die.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dosent the pvp power not apply in the open world setting?

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought I heard something about that for the start of MoP that full pvp gear essentialy makes you slightly weaker outside of battle grounds and arenas?