Thread: World pvp state

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    As PvE player i will use your standart answer
    "go to PvE realm bro"!!!!
    Leving the sarcsm aside. I`m agree that PvE gear is abit overpowered complred to previous expansons situations where High End PvP gear was equal close to top PvE one
    If your rated gear was 540 or 550 you will have equal powers compared to heroic geared raider
    In wrath balance was perfect i basicly can destroy with mine Heroic ICC gear any pvp geared person but these who have lastest pvp gear from rating, same was in BC end
    Even Cataclysm gear was prety close to normal PvE gear and ppl dint complaint that pve heroic hero make them to cry every time when they meet him
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2013-11-19 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hegemonia View Post
    Nice! It's the backpeddling PvE baddies saying that wow shouldn't be skill-based all over again.

What's going on here? World PvP is not PvP?

Or is Blizzard saying that PvPers should just stay in the cities, queue for arenas 100% of the time and never leave cities for a daily or a mount grind or just to see new island content?

I personally think that Blizzard have completely given up on MoP and will just let it die like this until in the new expansion at least the first 2 seasons will have equal PvP and PvE item level and they won't have to worry about it for a while, all while we are wasting our time writing stuff here ...
    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

Pretty sure no one here is saying they don't want pvp to be skill-based anymore. But i digress, you have some reading to do.
    Last edited by Coraulten; 2013-11-19 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    General: Help. Someone kill this mage ganking at the dailies.
    You *pop Heroism*. Omw!
    You target Magetard-Stormscale: 875k hp.
    You... alt tab to check the forums for more Wildstar info.
    You're quite the promoter of Wildstar, having mentioned the game 3 times in this thread xD.

10+ Year Old Account
    World PvP is obsolete right now.

On Timeless Isle half the time you'd have more chance of soloing Ordos than bringing down a heroic geared raider. I can't make any sense of why it was a good idea to create such a wide ilvl difference between the best pve gear and the best pvp gear. World PvP on a PvP server has always been an arms race but 40-50+ ilvls is crazy. Hopefully this gear/stats thing is something they fix for WoD.

Deleted
    The thing here is, PvP gear is designed to be stronger than PvE gear, but only in battlegrounds. There is an inherent unfairness to World PvP. BGs and Arenas are fairly, well, fair, because iLvl is normalized, so people wearing PvE gear are missing important PvP stats. Neither of these are the case in World PvP, nor should they.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shomari View Post
    On Timeless Isle half the time you'd have more chance of soloing Ordos than bringing down a heroic geared raider. I can't make any sense of why it was a good idea to create such a wide ilvl difference between the best pve gear and the best pvp gear. World PvP on a PvP server has always been an arms race but 40-50+ ilvls is crazy. Hopefully this gear/stats thing is something they fix for WoD.
    I was hoping to hear of what if any changes they intend to make about this in wod, from bizzcon. No news was disappointing.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mican17 View Post
    You're quite the promoter of Wildstar, having mentioned the game 3 times in this thread xD.
    Well as you can see WoW needs some damn competition so GC doesn't do what the fuck he wants and what HE thinks it would be fun. WS, at least in theory, has a high chance for being that competitor that WoW needs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's terrible and ridiculous. Oh, you want to do world PvP? Sorry bro, prepare to get facerolled by people that have no idea how to play just because they have PvE gear that was made for fighting bosses even you have gear that was made for fighting players. Logicccc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    I really don't get the PVEr entitlement thing.

Why in the world would you think your gear should even be able to compete with PVP, in PVP of any nature? Can PVP compete with PVE in any PVE situation? Not at all?

Mmkay, get over it. Grind honor gear or reroll on a PVE server if being ganked bothers you so much; arguing that the open world on a PVP server (a server that exists only for WPVP) is a PVE environment is hilarious.
    You want to know what the first battleground was? South fucking shore.
    I am SO tired of hearing people say "pvp server get over it" when it's all we used to have... I play on a PvP server so I can find people who are interested in arena and instanced pvp not so I can go be a scum-bag out in the open world, and a pvp server doesn't give you the right to be a scum bag. It is called an honorable kill right? What honor is there in picking on some other player WHO IS ALSO A HUMAN BEING when they are just minding their own damn business? Sure maybe a run to your body isn't that big a deal, but it's just decency man, plus there's campers. I have had some very great world pvp experiences though, all of which were mutual pissing contests that both sides enjoyed. So please, for fucks sake, quit with the "pvp server deal with it" bullshit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosran View Post
    So my question is: Does anyone else think that the world pvp is in a terrible place at the moment? As it is now Pve players dominate fully pvp players out in the world. Will this be fixed into WoD?
    No I dont think its in a bad place, people with high level PvE-gear can actually fight back now, thats awesome.

In WoD you'll get a island you can run around and world-pvp where they'll probably make pvp-gear superior.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Yeah, it's terrible and ridiculous. Oh, you want to do world PvP? Sorry bro, prepare to get facerolled by people that have no idea how to play just because they have PvE gear that was made for fighting bosses even you have gear that was made for fighting players. Logicccc.
    Someone is mad he cant camp opposite factions questgivers in Hellfire Peninsula without getting his ass kicked.

(•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

Deal with it kiddo
    Last edited by mmocf94708a214; 2013-11-19 at 11:19 AM.

It's not THAT bad, Sure a pvper in pve gear has an advantage but a random pver isn't any less of a free kill, gear advantage or not.
    Even if I'm on your side, I question your skill if "keyboard turning pvers who can't play" are beating you.

That said it should still be changed into something that is more reasonable.

Deleted
    Let me say something that will make me wildly popular in here.
    Anything that dissuades people from jumping me while I go around my own merry business is good in my book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Someone is mad he cant camp opposite factions questgivers in Hellfire Peninsula without getting his ass kicked.

(•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

Deal with it kiddo
    I like how you come to that conclusion without knowing a thing about how I play, fitting name, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    It's not THAT bad, Sure a pvper in pve gear has an advantage but a random pver isn't any less of a free kill, gear advantage or not.
    Even if I'm on your side, I question your skill if "keyboard turning pvers who can't play" are beating you.

That said it should still be changed into something that is more reasonable.
    Any PvE player with a slight idea will destroy you, they can obliterate you with crits and specs like boomkin can heal for a shit load. Dueled a BM Hunter on ptr who had full PvE gear whilst I was full Grevious, he killed me in less than 5 seconds. 2 crits combined with normal damage took the majority of my health.

Deleted
    I like how you come to that conclusion without knowing a thing about how I play, fitting name, though.
    Yeah I dont need to know that, it reflects on your posts judging people dont know how to play just because they're in PvE-gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Yeah I dont need to know that, it reflects on your posts judging people dont know how to play just because they're in PvE-gear.
    Maybe learn to read better? I said that people that have no idea can faceroll you because they have PvE gear, not that everyone who has PvE gear has no idea how to play, and I didn't imply that either. Just saying how strong PvE gear is in comparison to PvP.

Deleted
    You sure you're as good at PvP as you think you are? Also Timeless Isle has loads of buffs you can pick up to get the upper hand.

I assume most of these threads revolve around wpvp on the Timeless Isle, cause since that patch these threads have popped up lot more frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by DreadNeos View Post
    You want to know what the first battleground was? South fucking shore.
    I am SO tired of hearing people say "pvp server get over it" when it's all we used to have... I play on a PvP server so I can find people who are interested in arena and instanced pvp not so I can go be a scum-bag out in the open world, and a pvp server doesn't give you the right to be a scum bag. It is called an honorable kill right? What honor is there in picking on some other player WHO IS ALSO A HUMAN BEING when they are just minding their own damn business? Sure maybe a run to your body isn't that big a deal, but it's just decency man, plus there's campers. I have had some very great world pvp experiences though, all of which were mutual pissing contests that both sides enjoyed. So please, for fucks sake, quit with the "pvp server deal with it" bullshit
    The first battleground was not south shore. Just because YOU don't like to gank people out in the world that makes it scum-bag? Considering to be a "scum bag" is completely subjective, i doubt your view on it aligns with every other person who plays on a pvp server which means that being on a pvp server does give the right for some people to be scum bags. Clearly though, my pixels posses no such honor as yours do! So how about you make a coherent argument as to why one should stop using the phrase "pvp server deal with it" other than you dislike it.
    Last edited by Coraulten; 2013-11-19 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davecrew View Post
    the old way was much worse! I remember doing dailies on the isle of thunder in full pvp gear because i couldn't use my pve gear for fear of being ganked.
    This is how it should work! It is normal. I was also mining in full pvp gear and just laughing at gangers who tries something . But now I have to grind pve gear to be able to mine safely

Any PvE player with a slight idea will destroy you, they can obliterate you with crits and specs like boomkin can heal for a shit load. Dueled a BM Hunter on ptr who had full PvE gear whilst I was full Grevious, he killed me in less than 5 seconds. 2 crits combined with normal damage took the majority of my health.
    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/anecdotal