15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.

DW Weapon Dilemma

So I took a 4-5 month hiatus from WoW and now I'm trying to gear up a little for fun (and I must say the stat scales after Thunder King and Siege feel quite ridiculous compared to my still ilvl 500ish gear).

Before I took that break, I got a normal (496 + 2 upgrades -> 504) Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion

I was lucky enough to get the Raid Finder (528) 1H Malkorok's Skullcleaver

My only other good 1 hander is this RF (483) Kilrak, Jaws of Terror

The problem is there's no easy way to get an adequate ilvl 500 ish 1H weapon that isn't luck in RF.

Here's a quick wowhead comparison number crunch with Mr Robot optimization for what I have:
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/compare?items...9881.0.0.0.0.2

Should I stick with the 2h until I get another 1H 528?

I can easily switch between 2h frost and DW frost playstyles.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

You could just buy one of the 502 transmog weapons or coin t15 lfr all day long, but offhand weapon damage isn't massively important.

With the weapons you have available to you dual wield is probably better already.

Look for a Blacksmith who has enough Lightning Steel Ingots for a Wicked Edge of the Planes, Reborn.
    502 isn't a terrible lot better but it's more than your Kilrak at least.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    So there really isn't a cheap option? I'd rather just wait for next week's LFR and take my chances.

It's times like now I wish there was another dungeon in the Siege patch instead of a super big raid.

Even the upgraded Timeless Isle weapons are cap out at 484 ilvl. I'd have liked the option to buy a 496 for 10000 coins or something.

Looks like I'll roll with the DW set for now, then.
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Rainec View Post
    So there really isn't a cheap option? I'd rather just wait for next week's LFR and take my chances.

It's times like now I wish there was another dungeon in the Siege patch instead of a super big raid.

Even the upgraded Timeless Isle weapons are cap out at 484 ilvl. I'd have liked the option to buy a 496 for 10000 coins or something.

Looks like I'll roll with the DW set for now, then.
    Run Heroic scenarios daily and hope for a 516 in the bag. Thats the only other option besides getting a weapon from a raid or blacksmith.

If you have the legendary gem in it, Kilrak is actually very good as an OH and may be well be better than weapons that are tier above. 500 str from the gem goes a long way to offsetting the other stat increases. I'd go with DW in that case.