Need Help Installing SSD!

Hello community! Finally bit the bullet and bought the Samsung 840 Pro 128 SSD to get rid of my ancient 500GB HDD.

I have a few questions and was hoping for a clear and concise How-To from someone.

I want to have Windows 7 Ultimate, Mozilla Firefox, and WoW on my SSD, and everything else like pictures, word docs and videos on my HDD.

I have backed-up all my files I want for my HDD onto an external hard drive.

Here are my questions:
    1) - After I physically put in my SSD into the computer, now what? Someone said I had to "... make your BIOS run in AHCI mode (and not in IDE mode) before you do the windows install!" I have no idea what that means. I know how to get to my UEFI BIOS on my ASUS M5A97, but do I switch over before I plug the SSD in?
    2) - Do I have to delete Windows and format the current HDD before I plug in the SSD?
    3) - Someone mentioned clean install of WoW, OR copying "installation folder" over from HDD to SSD. Are they referring to the whole 'World of Warcraft' folder under C:/ ?

Basically, I just want to know How-To AND the best way to go about the switch over. Feel free to break it down to the elementary level

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by Auberdeen; 2013-11-18 at 06:09 PM.

Everything you need should be here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1156654/s...-for-ssds-hdds

1) Load your BIOS, find the HDD section, switch from IDE to AHCI. (Mine was already on AHCI when I built my computer)
    2) Just unplug the HDD so you install in the correct location, its not a bad idea to backup your data somewhere else so you can wipe the HDD and start fresh on that too.
    3) Yes you can copy the whole World of Warcraft folder over, though clean start is always good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sthos View Post
    Everything you need should be here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1156654/s...-for-ssds-hdds

1) Load your BIOS, find the HDD section, switch from IDE to AHCI. (Mine was already on AHCI when I built my computer)
    2) Just unplug the HDD so you install in the correct location, its not a bad idea to backup your data somewhere else so you can wipe the HDD and start fresh on that too.
    3) Yes you can copy the whole World of Warcraft folder over, though clean start is always good.
    great walkthrough!

Question though, he said in one of the steps:
    "Enable AHCI SATA mode in the UEFI/BIOS. Use RAID mode if you are going to use a RAID array or Intel SRT aka. SSD caching."

what is RAID mode and SSD caching...?

can i get a moderator or some1 to through some more knowledge at me please?
    Last edited by Auberdeen; 2013-11-18 at 09:42 PM.

You wont need Raid mode, that's for having multiple drives like a server. For instance my server is setup in Raid 10 with 8 300GB 10k drives (it combines the drives) -
    RAID (redundant array of independent disks, originally redundant array of inexpensive disks[1][2]) is a storage technology that combines multiple disk drive components into a logical unit for the purposes of data redundancy and performance improvement. Data is distributed across the drives in one of several ways, referred to as RAID levels, depending on the specific level of redundancy and performance required.
    while my PC is in AHCI (only 1 SSD & 1 HDD)

The other one you shouldn't need either, it would just 'pair'? your SSD and HDD so things from your HDD would load slightly faster. All you should need is AHCI for what you will be doing.
    Last edited by Sthos; 2013-11-18 at 11:14 PM.