Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    Deleted

So at least you got the Anniversary year right....

Just posted this on official site- any thoughts?

I am royally disappointed in once again feeling short changed from Blizzard when it comes to anniversary of their playerbase.

Do we remember last year they couldn't even get the year right! telling us to go kill Deathwing again- nice...

I really enjoy the flavor thing of anniversaries, this is your time of the year to show your appreciation to your playerbase. A thank you for all the years of support (especially when you are losing subs hand over fist these last few years)

I fully enjoy this game, It is great however you seem to quite frankly not care about us much any more. This makes me sad, really does. Let us compare some other games and what they did for their anniversaries compared to the tiny effort Blizz has put in shall we?...

LOTRO 6-Year Anniversary Gifts

Based on time subscribed, Including..
    -In game items
    -Transmog gear
    -Portrait frames
    -Mount transmog gear
    -In Game Events

PWI 5th Anniversary Gifts

-IN game items
    -Chance at multiple mounts
    -Chance at multiple Transmog gear
    -In Game events

Guild Wars 8th Anniversary

-IN game Items
    -Choice of mounts
    -Choice of pet
    -IN Game Events

Age Of Conan Anniversary

- IN Game events
    -Free pet
    - Xp boost

Guild Wars 2 Anniversary

-In game Events
    -Transmog gear
    -Xp Boosters
    -In game pets
    -Chance at mount

Eve Online 10th Year Anniversary

-Long in game events
    -Free battlecruiser for each char
    -Free version of transmog gear
    -Character implants (boosts)
    - Free frigate (mount)

Rift Anniversary Event

- 20% xp boost
    -Transmog gear
    -chance at pet
    -chance at mount

Wow 8th year anniversary

-Messed up the year and gave the exact same message as the 7th year anniversary.
    -xp boost 8%

Wow 9th Year anniversary

-xp 9% boost

So do you see why I feel we are all short changed? compared to other companies out there Blizz is once again showing they quite simply just Do Not Care about their playerbase!

Before anyone comes in with *they are building new expansion they have no time* - is that a valid excuise to not add either an in-game event, or at the very least...a pet!

I mean cmon wake up blizzard or lose more of your increasingly detatched playerbase.

These are just some of the competitors out there for blizz.

a few seconds ago

The guild wars games got mounts...?

Quote Originally Posted by Zhinkis View Post
    The guild wars games got mounts...?
    noticed that too lol, imo they shouldnt even bother with it at insignifigant numbers, do somthing fun on the 5s sure but other then that....

I agree with OP.
    Me, just like hium, keep paying our sub in hopes of getting a cool reward every game anniversary

I do think if they offered even a minor incentive for people to resub just for this month it would help. Some vanity item of sorts. WoW players love that. The 9%, while nice and all, isn't all that exciting.

It's like a husband giving his wife the cliche same flowers year after year. The effect is lessened as time goes on unless he does something extra.

There are some games that use the anniversary as one of their "holiday events", much like WoW has midsummer, hallows end, and other stuff like that. WoW has plenty of holiday events, their anniversary just isn't one of them. 8 and 9 aren't really milestone years anyways. 5th anniversary we got onyxia remade with completely new gear and stuff, that was fairly major. Sure they COULD throw a bunch of free stuff at people, but why really? If its the same for the 10th anniversary and we get next to nothing, I will agree with you. That's a pretty major one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

15+ Year Old Account
    Always something to complain about I guess. Should be happy WoW is still here after 9 years, it's an impressive feat for any game to have this many people still playing after 9 years. I'd rather have new expansions or content patches (which have been coming out every 3 or so months in MoP, much better than Cata for sure), rather than world events. If year 8 upset you enough to complain then why did you expect anything different this year? Anyways, you're still playing so they must be doing something right.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Since its the end of the expansion, gives us a 100% XP bonus. Couldnt hurt, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    There are some games that use the anniversary as one of their "holiday events", much like WoW has midsummer, hallows end, and other stuff like that. WoW has plenty of holiday events, their anniversary just isn't one of them. 8 and 9 aren't really milestone years anyways. 5th anniversary we got onyxia remade with completely new gear and stuff, that was fairly major. Sure they COULD throw a bunch of free stuff at people, but why really? If its the same for the 10th anniversary and we get next to nothing, I will agree with you. That's a pretty major one.
    I have confirmed that the 10th anniversary is a remake of Onyxia, but this time with more Whelps.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mackeral View Post

Age Of Conan Anniversary
    Guild Wars 2 Anniversary
    Rift Anniversary Event

So do you see why I feel we are all short changed?

What do all those games not have in common with wow?

7 mil subs.

They can offer a xmog gear, mounts, and xp bonus on the number of years a person played and it would never be enough.
    You cared enough to post.

comparing wow to those games doesn't rly work, also they said they plan a big thing for the 10th

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post

7 mil subs.

They can offer a xmog gear, mounts, and xp bonus on the number of years a person played and it would never be enough.
    "A man can beat his wife because he pays for the food on the table", is basically what you just implied.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes warcraft players can be such tools for blizzard.

As the op says, so many other games, even games that DON'T have you pay a subscription, show they appreciate the players for playing there game for so many years.

You'd think wow devs would show that to its playerbase, instead of giving crap excuses like 'we're working on an expansion, its really important!', so important they can't go one day without doing something for the players, a pet, a tabard, a mount, anything.

Well, this is the 9th year, this time next year we're be at wows 10th. You'd think by then the devs would should some serious appreciation for players, esspecally long time subs, for keeping there fucking company alive. If they don't give some kind of appreciation to us by next year, then it'll just make what everyone says about blizzard true, that its not about the players, but the money.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrllish View Post
    [...] It's like a husband giving his wife the cliche same flowers year after year. The effect is lessened as time goes on unless he does something extra.
    Translating to the game; Before you know it, people are going to demand a pack of at least an achievement, a pet, a mount, epic gear, transmog gear, and what not or complain about Blizzard being lazy and careless.

Players have gotten too spoilt and expectant...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    comparing wow to those games doesn't rly work, also they said they plan a big thing for the 10th
    so that gives them an excuse to slack off each year.

Thats like telling your child you haven't brought him anything for his 8th or 9th birthday, but its ok, something will come of it on his 10th.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ringko View Post
    Translating to the game; Before you know it, people are going to demand a pack of at least an achievement, a pet, a mount, epic gear, transmog gear, and what not or complain about Blizzard being lazy and careless.

Players have gotten too spoilt and expectant...
    So better to make a new mini pet, and sell it on the blizzard store, then give it as a gift and reminder that player are appreciated.

Just as I say, some people think so highly of blizzard they don't see when they're being tied to a horses backside.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post

7 mil subs.

I am sure if everybody got a special mount, there wouldn't be complainers.

Either way the anniversary is what I expected it to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm personally hoping for something a bit nicer for the 10th year anniversary.

But yea, it is kind of saddenind- 4th year anniversary, pet. 5th, pet, revamped raid for funsies. 6th, nothing. 7th, shirt+letter. 8th, !@#$ing disappointment= shirt+SAME letter as before. At least they passed off the old letter as being a bug, as unbelievable as it is. 9th, well, at least we got a new letter.

What I'm hoping for is the 10th is a PERMANENT 10% xp boost thats BoA (A shirt hierloom, basically), and a pet/mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by mackeral View Post

I am royally disappointed in once again feeling short changed from Blizzard when it comes to anniversary of their playerbase.

Do we remember last year they couldn't even get the year right! telling us to go kill Deathwing again- nice...

I really enjoy the flavor thing of anniversaries, this is your time of the year to show your appreciation to your playerbase. A thank you for all the years of support (especially when you are losing subs hand over fist these last few years)

I fully enjoy this game, It is great however you seem to quite frankly not care about us much any more. This makes me sad, really does. Let us compare some other games and what they did for their anniversaries compared to the tiny effort Blizz has put in shall we?...

Based on time subscribed, Including..
    -In game items
    -Transmog gear
    -Portrait frames
    -Mount transmog gear
    -In Game Events

-IN game items
    -Chance at multiple mounts
    -Chance at multiple Transmog gear
    -In Game events

-IN game Items
    -Choice of mounts
    -Choice of pet
    -IN Game Events

Age Of Conan Anniversary

- IN Game events
    -Free pet
    - Xp boost

Guild Wars 2 Anniversary

-In game Events
    -Transmog gear
    -Xp Boosters
    -In game pets
    -Chance at mount

-Long in game events
    -Free battlecruiser for each char
    -Free version of transmog gear
    -Character implants (boosts)
    - Free frigate (mount)

Rift Anniversary Event

- 20% xp boost
    -Transmog gear
    -chance at pet
    -chance at mount

Wow 8th year anniversary

-Messed up the year and gave the exact same message as the 7th year anniversary.
    -xp boost 8%

Wow 9th Year anniversary

-xp 9% boost

So do you see why I feel we are all short changed? compared to other companies out there Blizz is once again showing they quite simply just Do Not Care about their playerbase!

Before anyone comes in with *they are building new expansion they have no time* - is that a valid excuise to not add either an in-game event, or at the very least...a pet!

I mean cmon wake up blizzard or lose more of your increasingly detatched playerbase.

These are just some of the competitors out there for blizz.

a few seconds ago
    It would be nice if they did something. But they don't need to. I wouldn't expect them to either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Deleted
    I agree that 10th anniversary is much bigger

However towards the end of an expansion, to give a 1% increase as the sole reward? that's just plain lazy.

Imagaine a 20% increase 50% 100% increase in xp . Does it harm anything? Really? I do not believe so as most people will be leveling alts towards end of expansion anyways!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrllish View Post
    "A man can beat his wife because he pays for the food on the table", is basically what you just implied.
    Uh no, but excellent derail and I will use this quote w/e I don't have a point but want to post.

Back on topic.

I have 0 issue with blizz giving people a xp bonus.
    You cared enough to post.