Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can understand the OP here, After all it is a milestone for a game, yet another year has gone by, and thanks to their playerbase they are still the leaders out there, it would've been nice if they could've done something other than give you a 9% exp/rep bonus that can only be used for a few days, I didn't even realise it was the 9th anniversary, and even so I didn't expect anything, But I think something to just show they actually do appreciate (however hollow the meaning may be) their playerbase, would have been a good step forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    I wouldn't say they don't care... after years of crying for player-housing, they're giving it us in the most epic way possible.

That being said, an anniversary is something special, and right now I feel like a wife sitting at home waiting to get picked up for dinner and when the husband arrives two hours late, he brings me a cheap trinket that he got at a gas station.
    This is blatant entitlement, haven't you heard?
    A wife should be finding enjoyment from the marriage itself and be thankful that her husband even thought to pick her up something at the gas station.
    Sarcasm

OT: Was I hoping for something a bit more? Yes
    Did I expect the gas station gift? You betcha

They just hosted blizzcon, at a loss mind you, to celebrate the people that play all their games. 9th anniversary of WoW kinda pales in comparison to an entire convention.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Entitlement abounddddd!

"We want free items, all day, every day!"
    This is so much exaggerating... it is not the disappointed people here who act like kids...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Tell me, when you go to your parents anniversary, do they buy you a gift?
    No... but then again... my parents aren't a company xD

I was a tad disappointed, but I'd rather they even put the time it took to develop a new pet, mount, title or something, into the new expansion. If it comes 1 day earlier because of no work done on the Anniversary, I'm happy!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    comparing wow to those games doesn't rly work, also they said they plan a big thing for the 10th
    whoa the big thing is you are level 100! +10% xp buff....

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombadrol View Post
    This is so much exaggerating... it is not the disappointed people here who act like kids...

- - - Updated - - -

No... but then again... my parents aren't a company xD
    Which doesn't really help your case any. :P

Companies are out to make a profit, not give things away for free.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Heck, Square is giving loyalty rewards as your subscription length builds...

For the 10th anniversary, you know what I'd give for a "You've been subscribed X years, you get a special subscription rate" deal?
    $100/year subscription package, I'd be so happy with that.

15+ Year Old Account
    How many people here subscribe to an ISP or a telephone company or a cable TV company? All of you.

How many gifts do you get from them every year?

Deleted
    O dear it just hit me why they chose 9%, and not something like 10% or 20%. I feel slow

And yea, it's kinda a crappy reward.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't honestly care all that much. Though it does feel kinda cheap.

The 10th anniversary better have something amazing though. Or else I might.. uhm, do nothing! hah, take that.

Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    I have confirmed that the 10th anniversary is a remake of Onyxia, but this time with more Whelps.
    Many whelps. Handle it.

Most or all of those games are F2P

People don't have to pay to play those games so they reward a lot to those players that to decide to pay

Quote Originally Posted by Boreaz View Post
    This is blatant entitlement, haven't you heard?
    A wife should be finding enjoyment from the marriage itself and be thankful that her husband even thought to pick her up something at the gas station.
    Sarcasm

OT: Was I hoping for something a bit more? Yes
    Did I expect the gas station gift? You betcha
    I like the part where you seriously attempted to compare a marriage commitment to playing a video game for several years.
    Do you not understand how completely laughable that is?

I've used Vonage for years, I don't expect them to send a card to me every year on the day the company was founded.
    I've used Verizon Wireless and Dish for years, but I don't expect them to send me free coupons or gift certificates on the day I signed up every year.
    How you can call this anything other than entitlement is beyond me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    How many people here subscribe to an ISP or a telephone company or a cable TV company? All of you.

Been with my tv cable company for 11 years now, 4 months ago they gave me 3 films for free as a thanks you.

My Internet company after 6 years gave me a discount as a thank you on the month I had joined 6 years earlier.

It happens because they obviously wanted my custom in the future and what does that cost them,?

So here i have been doing it wrong by giving presents to friends when they have their birthday, when it should have been them giving me present all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Peculiar that the most successful MMO gives the least rewards for merely logging on during a certain time.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post

You can't compare those companys with a gaming company come on... getting a gift INSIDE the game that is having an anniversary, is not the same thing as getting a gift irl... again ... it would have required very little effort to make something fun for us...

They could've made something like :

Letter : So we heard that there was a slight mistake about a certain dragon about one year ago. Oops We thought we'd give you something to remember this year's celebrations! We are looking forward to many more years of fun in Azeroth and beyond!

Gift : A little 9-in-a-box, to place on the ground and a little #9 jumps up on a spring.

You think that would've taken development time away from WoD?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Heck, Square is giving loyalty rewards as your subscription length builds...

For the 10th anniversary, you know what I'd give for a "You've been subscribed X years, you get a special subscription rate" deal?
    $100/year subscription package, I'd be so happy with that.
    I was going to mention this as well, but figured I'd be met with various retorts of essentially: "if you love their reward system so much, why don't you just marry it?".
    Having been subbed for 2 months and received for that time subbed: 2 unique companions (basically non-combat pets), an appearance change item, and a pretty damn stylish swimsuit, I gotta say a 9% exp bonus is a bit...lackluster.

the 9% exp buff has had me leveling alts all day, so I wouldn't say it was necessarily a bad move