Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    What I want is the game to provide something for the event they glorified in the past. Sure they only gave pets out for 2 years out of 6, but those two years were memorable.

You just see it as entitlement, while I'm telling you it's deeper than that.

Every year we get a holiday event. Year after year, it's the same holiday event. But every year, something new gets added or updated keep things at least a little bit fresh. Sure some people complain it's the same old content, but at least we're getting equal/more than last year. The Anniversary event is like if they took away the holiday events and prizes, but still acknowledged it as a holiday and gave out a temporary buff in its place. People feel dejected at the premise of not having what they got before. It's not about the prize or the free gifts, it's about having less than what was expected. Nobody likes a nerf. That's the core issue.

If you mention the Anniversary to any WoW player, most will think of the Pets. It's not a coincidence that this happens. This is the impression Blizzard made for the first two years they actively celebrated the event, and it stuck strong. There's a reason why even 4 years after the last pet had been given out people STILL think about it. It's the principle.

I don't offer a solution for this predicament, but I offer insight as to why so many people are disappointed by the simple EXP buff and why they always compare it to the pets. The minor anniversaries don't make any impressions, yet they still draw attention. No one will remember the years that they didn't get a pet, which is why people will still ask if they're getting them the next year, and the next.
    The 4th and 5th anniversaries were memorable because other stuff actually happened around them. Achievements went live for the 4th and the 5th was a milestone. For anniversaries 6-9 we got absolutely no new features or massive changes so there was no reason to give us something special. I like how you people are continually ignoring the fact that the only reason we got pets on 2 anniversaries was for very specific circumstances that haven't happened since.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    This "you're expecting them to give you presents for their anniversary" is okay, but in this case it's more like:
    You bring presents to them (sub fee), and expect them to have cake available.
    However the cake is a lie and they have none.

Everyone's sad except those who hate cake.

The $15 subscription fee is a transaction where both parties benefit. Blizzard gets money and customers get a service. We aren't owed a god damn thing. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    The 4th and 5th anniversaries were memorable because other stuff actually happened around them. Achievements went live for the 4th and the 5th was a milestone. For anniversaries 6-9 we got absolutely no new features or massive changes so there was no reason to give us something special. I like how you people are continually ignoring the fact that the only reason we got pets on 2 anniversaries was for very specific circumstances that haven't happened since.
    Except the explanation for that was never communicated in any fashion outside of that one blue post, a post that I only saw 2 days ago and never before in the 6 that I've known the Anniversary for. And I'm one of the people who come to sites like MMO-C for my news. Think of how many people there are who don't know and are still expecting pets. It's ill communication.

When finding a solution to a problem, you must first understand the problem, not yell at it and pretend it'll go away.

I think you need to step away from the topic and look at it from the outside. Your bias towards those with differing opinions is showing. I am not 'You People'. I don't give a rats ass about pets, I only care about the principle.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-11-22 at 09:15 AM.

Actions speak so much louder than words. While I take your sentiments to heart and I agree with everything you say, you will have absolutely no effect on the masses who will continue to speak out and ask 'Where's my pet'. It's happening right now, and for good reason. Blizzard hasn't made their stance clear on anniversaries. They can't undo a strong first impression with ignorance and neglect.

A Blue Post made 3 years ago isn't what people think about when they think 'Anniversary'.
    Blizzard most certainly has made their stance clear repeatedly and far more times than they should have. The people crying the loudest about it on this site have been around for years and know exactly what Blizzard has said on the matter. Reality doesn't matter to them because if they don't like what Blizzard says they will spin it to suit their agenda.

- - - Updated - - -

Except the explanation for that was never communicated in any fashion outside of that one blue post, a post that I only saw 2 days ago and never before in the 6 that I've known the Anniversary for. And I'm one of the people who come to sites like MMO-C for my news. Think of how many people there are who don't know and are still expecting pets. It's ill communication.

When finding a solution to a problem, you must first understand the problem, not yell at it and pretend it'll go away.
    The only problem here is thickheaded whiners who don't hear anything unless it involves getting whatever it is they want. In fact outside of these forums and the official forums most players don't give a fuck about the petty politics of this game. They just play the game and have fun. If they get a pet, great, It not that's fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    I am sure if everybody got a special mount, there wouldn't be complainers.
    You... Must be new around here?

A few of the potential complaints I can think of that would be made, off the top of my head:

- It's ugly
    - It's a rehash!
    - Why didn't we get something every other year?
    - They should have made a matching pet too, god they're so lazy

Blah blah blah.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

Blizzard most certainly has made their stance clear repeatedly and far more times than they should have. The people crying the loudest about it on this site have been around for years and know exactly what Blizzard has said on the matter. Reality doesn't matter to them because if they don't like what Blizzard says they will spin it to suit their agenda.

- - - Updated - - -

The only problem here is thickheaded whiners who don't hear anything unless it involves getting whatever it is they want. In fact outside of these forums and the official forums most players don't give a fuck about the petty politics of this game. They just play the game and have fun. If they get a pet, great, It not that's fine too.
    You're just being more biased. What if I were to tell you that you are being thick headed for not listening to reason? It's pretty simple to understand the situation, yet you're all fired up and antagonizing anyone and everyone who thinks badly of the Anniversary rewards. It's not a simple matter of entitlement, it's not having what has and always will be expected, due to Blizzard's strong first impressions and lack of communicating their intentions with the Anniversaries.

Again, their methods of communication are unclear. If they WERE crystal clear and iterated properly, people wouldn't still be having expectations for pets and being surprised/disappointed that they aren't getting one this year. I hope you do understand that point. Maybe you have heard it from them many times, but I know I haven't, and I know my friends haven't, and I'm pretty sure not the people who were still expecting pets.

If they're going to hammer that issue into people's heads, they have to do it through the Anniversary by making new impressions, not by neglect. It's pretty obvious that no one (who still wants pets) remembers that the past 3 years were petless because Blizzard only awards milestones, they only know it was petless and disappointing.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-11-22 at 09:28 AM.

Deleted
    The $15 subscription fee is a transaction where both parties benefit. Blizzard gets money and customers get a service. We aren't owed a god damn thing. Get over it.
    You really must hate cake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Blizzard has had 1 guy spend a total of 5 minutes to make the last 3 years worth of anniversary's and people are just "ok" with that, and are even defending them for it? hahahahahaha
    Well ppl are busy with more "important" things like to argue eachother about flying
    that 9% rep boost comes on good time manage to get exalted with several of mine toons to black prince really fast

Also we got mount and pet in...game shop the cost of the both its only 26 EU not big one
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2013-11-22 at 09:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The other games listed NEED to get players to play their game, so they offer this stuff to get people to login.

WoW doesn't need to do this as too many people still login (damn you 1500 queues this late into 5.4!).

It would be cool if they gave us more stuff, but I really do not care that they don't.

OP is a crybaby. So tired of the self entitled losers who play this game now.