Is the new loot design really getting you geared faster?

This is how it works now. For LFR and I assume the Celestials and other world boss'. The longer you go without getting a piece of loot the better your chances are that next time you get an item. My concern is that as the weeks pass people are getting the PVE legs for the second time and someone Else is getting the PVP legs for a second time while they each want each others item. Before the change to Loot, if you grouped with the same people week after week, you were guaranteed the item once it dropped.

This is not me complaining. Im simply wondering if the new loot system actually gets you geared faster. Is it working the way it should? Should It maybe check the loot table and only give you gear that you haven't received before?

Again Im not complaining.

You're misunderstanding what they've done.

Each time you fail to win with a coin, the next time you have an increased chance to win (and it may be raid-specific; ie, your bad luck protection streak in SoO can still be going even though you've coined successfully in ToT). It has no impact on what item you get.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

It works fine for LFR and world bosses where the groups are entirely random. It doesn't work so well for Flex imo but they are changing it next xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    You're misunderstanding what they've done.

Each time you fail to win with a coin, the next time you have an increased chance to win (and it may be raid-specific; ie, your bad luck protection streak in SoO can still be going even though you've coined successfully in ToT). It has no impact on what item you get.
    Thats what im getting at. If someone else wings the dagger for a second time that I need but have received, wouldnt I have received it faster with the old Loot design? Since you would never receive and item for a second time unless everyone in the raid didnt need it and you were going to vendor or DE it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not designed to gear you faster. It's just there to make it so you don't lose every single bonus roll, which feels pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by tauntor View Post
    Thats what im getting at. If someone else wings the dagger for a second time that I need but have received, wouldnt I have received it faster with the old Loot design? Since you would never receive and item for a second time unless everyone in the raid didnt need it and you were going to vendor or DE it.
    Depends on how much gold you had. People didn't typically hand over those extra pieces for free. They usually asked for gold or an item in return. That caused a snowball affect where people were rolling need on pieces they already had so that they could then trade for a piece they needed. The old system was a mess in LFR. It works great in an environment where everyone is willing to share gear to benefit the group. It doesn't work so well in groups of random people where everyone is out for themselves.

That makes it very clear to me why this new system is great. Thanks Togarox.