Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Write a memory you remember from the old days. (Doesn't have to be Vanilla)

Is there a special memory you remember that you just can't stop forget?

I myself have plenty.
    When I was lvl 14-20 (first character) I went to Orgrimmar and begged people for some money since I had repairs to do and had only coppers, Then I got like 1 gold/5 gold/20 gold and I felt like I was one of the richest ingame.
    Like when I looted Swift Zulian Tiger after MANY tries.

I was the type of person who didn't raid but to explore and find new stuff until WotLK where my very first raid was Naxxramas. It was so awesome to see these big monsters playing with IRL and guildies.

Idk, I am just happy when i remember these.

The first raid item I won was the OH piece from Netherspite in Kara. It was my first epic. I spent about 5 minutes just staring at it.

My first toon ground mobs for 3 levels to buy his first mount.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in the early days of PreBC, doing the Brutal Armor warrior quest. I just had to go to hillsbrad, but man, that seemed so far, at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember 'The icestone has melted' :3

10+ Year Old Account
    We're running MC on a typical farm night and in our Secret Paladin Chat Channel we devise a sinister plan to have everybody bop one of our MS Warriors randomly during boss fights. Mind you this is before they introduced forbearance so you could just keep tossing BOP on a target until you ran out of BOPs. This Warrior is an Aussie chick who refuses to talk in vent, shows up late to raids, didn't always give 100%, and basically just sat there mooching gear. It isn't until about Baron that she figures out what's going on and she goes apeshit screaming in vent about us for like 5 minutes. She ends up signing off in the middle of her tantrum and the only thing said in vent about it after the episode was "Oh, that's what she sounds like..."
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Was in an AV fight in late vanilla and heard "Oh Jeez the Horde's gone turtle on us" and realizing "well we are gonna be here a while"! I logged out and re queued a couple of hours later and darned if I didn't drop back into the same fight!

First starting the game and my cousin coming to greet me into the world, he was in the full green amour for level 28, me and my old man pissed ourselfs laughing calling him gay looking at it while he was on the phone to us. I later got the amour myself and look pretty dammed fine

My cousins mate gave me gold to get bags, 20g it was the most I had ever seen, more than my cousin had as well. I bought full netherweave bags for me, and 2 or 3 bank slots, also netherweave, it also subsided buying amour from level 20 to 28 or so. Litrally every level I upgraded to look matching.

Same person also helped me level to 36.

Got stuck at 36 and waited 6 months on and off for help to carry on, before I finally man'd up and went out formyself, still took me a month to hit 40 through STV, but I got there and earnt my first mount,

Outside of wow, me and my cousin talking frequent about the game and how he used to grind tiger whiskers which sold for 77s for 10 of them, thats how he made up to 100g and slowly hit 40

Speed up to 70, getting my first real raid in kara, and clearing half of it in a guild that picked me up to fill a spot.

Speed ahead, joined that guild and getting out first Maggy kill, that was an amazing feeling

prior to that started my warlock, and got my first epic pvp piece, the mericless hood, also a nice feeling.

First LK kill, first "end boss" I killed at current content (previsouly was only supermus at BT and everyone but KT in TK)

I have loads litrally,

Oh farming for 1 week trying to get an oozling from the marsh, after my mate got it 3 days of farming, they sold for 600g

Oh the memories... Buying a set of white quality gear from a vendor and thinking it was good, having somebody make me a phantom blade because I liked it completely not realizing it was not for a mage. Venturing into the burning steppes from redridge before my time and getting my ass handed to me, as well has many a hogger deaths. Reading about the addition of mounts and bgs to the game and getting my first mount. Taking guildies through the shortcut through BRM for the MC Attunement quest. My first lich king kill.. Spending my days on my hunter grinding mobs 6 lvls higher than me because I could, and my quest to tame every rare creature I could find. Doing the mage and shaman small side quests. Good times.

I remember getting my Warlock to max level in BC and encountering my first experience with reputation. Realizing that I had to grind rep to get things, my first thought was, "There's no way I'm leveling another character if it involves all this!"

Which is funny, because I also remember my friend, who was a raider at the time, told me all the time while I was leveling up that the game is like a glacier, that 90% of the game isn't even experienced until max level. After all I had experienced leveling up, etc. I thought there was no way that was true... Until I hit 70 and found raiding, gearing, rep, etc etc.

During my first Kara run, though, I realized being a warlock meant I never had to worry about Mana... Which, for some reason at the time made me not want to play my Warlock, because it felt like I had nothing to do in raids lol...

I ended up rerolling a Gnome Prot Warrior and tanking for 7 years (Prot warr, Pally, Druid).

--

I also remember how significant everything felt back then, things that I just take for granted now. Gold was a bigger deal to me, everything felt more important and epic. Granted, a lot of that is nostalgia, being my first time experiencing a lot of those things, and some of it is also the game changes that have made a lot of those feelings obsolete.

getting the lock mount in Dire Maul.

Deleted
    AQ Event Eonar EU
    Begging people to switch shifts with me at work so I could get home early, Jumping into a taxi, Logging on to wow to a 30 min queue.
    Manage to get online and down to wetlands waiting for the Boat over to theramore. must have been 50+ people there easily, People where excited, Laughing and joking with each other, Dueling and enjoying the atmosphere.

Boat Arrives, and people pile on, The excitement is rising as we know that the time is fast approaching when Jollz would be banging the gong to start the event, Boat starts to pull out, Loading screen fires up, but the blue bar refuses to move. Keep watching the Blue bar, Still no movement. Eventually after a few mins a DC! Quickly tap in account name and password, Log on to character. "World server is down" WTFFFFFFFFF, keep trying eventually server is back up. Loading bar starts moving across the screen. Game loads up Expect to be in Theramore, or at worst back at Wetlands Harbour.

WTF ? Stonetallon mountains ? Seriously What in the holy fuck of fuck am I doing in Stonetallon mountain's on a boat with no water.
    WTF I dont have a flight point in Stonetallon...
    /God Fucking damit..........

10+ Year Old Account
    Bear Reaver in Burning Crusade beta. I died like 5 times to that damn thing. Couldn't pay attention to it for some reason.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

knocking afkers off of dalaran with abominations. one of my most fond memories.

seeing my first belf back in about mid bc, shortly after i started playing. i'll never forget her, she had red hair and had almost full t4, and she was killing every quest npc i needed xD

Deleted
    The best memories I have are with my brother. He had this alt for extra bank slots, back in WotLK, and he always spammed the 'pls give me 1g. im poor' thing. Like, that was so hilarious because he made about 50g a day or so like that just by typing it randomly near level 80 guys.

We then joke about it and say to each other '1g pls im poor'. I mean, it might not sound funny but it just is to us. Still do it sometimes.

Other than that, spamming water shield with my draenei fem shammy and jumping around while doing and also jumping around a lot of time on my turtle and Raven Lord.

When everyone died on Ouro. Man, it was excruciating agony: I remember raiding that instance thirty times and always wiping on Ouro. Yelling was most prominent back then...

/1. Undercity: LF Hunter for UBRS

And Blackrock Depths sucked.
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

Deleted
    I started playing early TBC. A day or two after reaching level 70 (my first char - orc female hunter), I grouped with 3 dudes for the Ogri'la prequest chain (killing the sons of gruul). We met in Shattrah, near A'dal. I mounted on my very special wyvern (60% speed) and they all mounted on netherdrakes. It took me like forever to fly from shatt to ogri'la (I didn't want to take the fp). Two weeks later I had almost 6000 gold in my bank. Bought epic flying and started the Netherwing chain.
    Last edited by mmocd047dac95b; 2013-11-14 at 11:16 PM.

I remember being in gnomeregan and charging after jumping down into the central pit. I pathed down to the bottoms onto a ledge then continued to go down ledges and other segments of the environment for almost a minute then disconnecting, when I came back everyone was dead and said I'd pulled most of the instance. Another story of charging and failure, the SSC elevator. I saw people on said elevator at the top and intervened to one then fell straight through the platform. Then there was the time in Wrath Beta where 2h wep specialization would stack the 4% additively every time you swapped from 2h-> 1h -> 2h then one shotting Sarth. Or in ICC where I did the same on the Valithria -> Sindragosa elevator.

On my mage I solo'd Hydross after ~ 2hrs of kiting it around the pipes and water. Another while on my mage, the first time I used blink I moved about 2 yds. I complained to myself then did it again when it came off CD and blinked through the ground and fell to my death. Both of these blink issues still happen, all the time. On Heroic Deathbringer Saurfang (on farm at that point) putting dampen magic on the other mage in my group and watching him die horribly, speaking of amp and dampen I miss those spells. Oh man Invis'ing through the gas on Putricide too, so many cool things you could/can do as a mage. Also getting into the kara crypt through various means over the years (blink/unstuck/mammoth mount through wall/fear/rez on other side/etc)

Looking back I fall through the world a lot, like not even a funny amount. I wish I had my screen shot of most of my server dead and underground in hillsbrad during the AQ launch event, there were pillars of corpses and a flood of rage in chat. There really are too many stories ><.

10+ Year Old Account
    Killing Gruul.

He was my first raid boss, it was epic for me.

But the MOST epic moment ever, killing the Lich King.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2013-11-15 at 01:10 AM.
    Putin khuliyo

I remember leveling up a ret pally at the very beginning of tbc and being told countless times that it was worthless and horrible, and that I was stupid for being ret.. but doing better damage than everyone my level, and feeling really cool for being a spec that literally nobody played.