Poll: Would you like to see Fungal Dolphin mounts?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Dolphins of Draenor

my friend just told me a crazy theory. he thinks that if the Fungal Giants came from the Fungal Whales, than the Sporelings came from Spore Dolphins.

I think he's insane.

but now he wants a spore dolphin mount.

Would you like a Spore Dolphin mount? lol

EDIT: if the poll seems weird to you, it's because spores remind me of mushrooms and mushrooms remind me of the badger song lol
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-11-19 at 01:19 AM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    I'd rather want a flying Fungal Whale mount

I want a Fungal War Talbuk.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Not if they're as sentient as Sporelings
    Like dragons?

If theres a dolphin called incognito id laugh

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    I want a Fungal War Talbuk.
    Warlords of Draenor: Revenge of the Talbuk

Patch 6.2
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Not if they're as sentient as Sporelings
    well, dragons are sentient and more intelligent than mortals, but we still ride them around like bosses, so I don't see why sentient spore dolphins would be an issue

Somebody in another thread said this before... and had that exact same theory. /boggle

Anyways, I don't think Fungal Giants were decended from Fungal whales. I think they showed that photo at Blizzcon for a size representation only.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Somebody in another thread said this before... and had that exact same theory. /boggle

Anyways, I don't think Fungal Giants were decended from Fungal whales. I think they showed that photo at Blizzcon for a size representation only.
    fungal giants and fungal whales have the same eyes, the same type of mouth (though the whale's is way bigger), the same tendrils and the same colorations (starting purple on the head and turning green near the feet/tail). since they are fungal, the giants are probably the whales that just took a different shape to adapt to the fact that there wasn't enough water to swim anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    I want a Flying Fungal Squid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    fungal giants and fungal whales have the same eyes, the same type of mouth (though the whale's is way bigger), the same tendrils and the same colorations (starting purple on the head and turning green near the feet/tail). since they are fungal, the giants are probably the whales that just took a different shape to adapt to the fact that there wasn't enough water to swim anymore.
    I know it's kinda wrong to say this now that pet battles are becoming "last xpac's feature", but this isn't Pokemon, evolution doesn't occur that fast..
    Although one could retcon this by blaming the Fel energies that changed the sea into a swamp in our timeline's Draenor for the whales' transformation, I guess..

Sporelings probably came from the "Forelings"

I think that'd be these guys

Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by SyrahGrunt View Post
    I know it's kinda wrong to say this now that pet battles are becoming "last xpac's feature", but this isn't Pokemon, evolution doesn't occur that fast..
    Although one could retcon this by blaming the Fel energies that changed the sea into a swamp in our timeline's Draenor, I guess..
    I'm not talking about evolution, I'm talking about simple shape changing. if you look at them, they are made of a bunch of fungi bundled together. and they are capable of making mushrooms grow and stuff like that. I'd bet they'd be able to change their shape (by manipulating the fungi that compose their bodies) to adapt themselves to a new environment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I'm not talking about evolution, I'm talking about simple shape changing. if you look at them, they are made of a bunch of fungi bundled together. and they are capable of making mushrooms grow and stuff like that. I'd bet they'd be able to change their shape (by manipulating the fungi that compose their bodies) to adapt themselves to a new environment.

...which pretty much is the definition of evolution.. Just because their "base structure" is fungi instead of cells doesn't change how you call it

...which pretty much is the definition of evolution.. Just because their "base structure" is fungi instead of cells doesn't change how you call it
    But it does change the process. They don't need to alter their biology through generational changes, they could simply change their structure.

10+ Year Old Account
    omg those flower things are so cute!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited to see the Zangar Sea & Fungal Whales honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    I'm excited to see the Zangar Sea & Fungal Whales honestly.
    me too, but they said no underwater zones this time, so don't expect to see many whales lol

I want a mushroom mount

fungi in our world also cannot get up and walk around and defend itself with hand to hand combat.

if it is capable of utilizing it's body to do that, maybe it CAN bud smaller versions off that are bipedal or just outright shapeshift.

don't apply real world logic to a fantasy world that so clearly follows different laws of science all the way from physics to biology
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!