Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I call bullshit. 90% of the groups i run with clear it all with zero wipes except for Garrosh. When running at weekends it ofcourse takes a bit longer, and you may get the odd tank that behaves like a dipshit, but it's mostly smooth and fine too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Three wipes on one boss in one LFR isn't that surprising.

Suggesting that happened in 13 consecutive and separate LFR's in a row is a bit outlandish and leads one to believe that the OP was causing those issues or exaggerting his story.
    In the case of the runs I have witnessed, they would have gone on for at least another 5-6 wipes, and we were at 3 when they disbanded. It was literally one boatload of afk people leaving replaced by another boatload of afk people or simply bads.

Nobody's saying this happens ALL the time. But from my experience, the frequency of god awful LFRs has been increasing, and Flex has siphoned off most of the casual better players that can run it. In our guild we only ever run LFR if we have absolutely no other choice, and we're pretty casual and average.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gozzu View Post
    I call bullshit. 90% of the groups i run with clear it all with zero wipes except for Garrosh. When running at weekends it ofcourse takes a bit longer, and you may get the odd tank that behaves like a dipshit, but it's mostly smooth and fine too.
    What's your realmpool? I'm curious to compare.
    I'm (ironically) in the Misery battlegroup, Chamber of Aspects. We get tons of Kazzak people, Wildhammer, and a huge ton of Italians from Pozzo del'Eternia and Nemesis. On average the ability in our LFR is pathetic. I can count the number of times I've gotten through an LFR without at least 1 wipe on one hand, and that's since 5.0.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Not gonna flame back, since ur obviously baiting for infractions. You're welcome to contact me ingame anytime to compare epeens, Kadghar on Chamber of Aspects. The point of my post was not "how awesome" I am, i'm an average normal/heroic raider. My point was how BAD LFR players are, and adressing the rest of your blanket statements.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, tactics were and are explained over and over. Back in 5.0 and 5.2 I still used to sign as leader and make macros to explain fights quickly via /rw, most of the time it's a waste of effort which is i stopped. You get people trolling by making up BS tactics on the spot that will lead to a wipe, and a majority just afks.
    The secret to LFR.....

Several bottles of scotch (variety for tasting not to drink them all down). And thinking of being Vin Diesel in Pitch Black with his crew of screw ups.

I am just watching how comically people die. People just standing in (fire, purple/yellow/orange shit, lasers..whatever) dutifully going through their 3 button rotation until they collapse, the panic as ads chase them around the room and they run further and further from the tank. The yelling at each other and distracting each other to the point of both people dying.

I swear..after about 3 drams of the good stuff I am literally dying from the entertainment, my wife will come into the room and wonder what I am crying/laughing about.

I love LFR........

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    The secret to LFR.....

Several bottles of scotch (variety for tasting not to drink them all down). And thinking of being Vin Diesel in Pitch Black with his crew of screw ups.

I am just watching how comically people die. People just standing in (fire, purple/yellow/orange shit, lasers..whatever) dutifully going through their 3 button rotation until they collapse, the panic as ads chase them around the room and they run further and further from the tank. The yelling at each other and distracting each other to the point of both people dying.

I swear..after about 3 drams of the good stuff I am literally dying from the entertainment, my wife will come into the room and wonder what I am crying/laughing about.

I love LFR........
    Sometimes it can be pretty amusing, I concur.

However, I feel like it's really starting to damage the raiding community, as I stated in previous posts. It shouldn't go away, but I think there need to be some changes made.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    They have nerfed LFR so much that instead of becoming easy, the players have reached critical badness.

But seriously, 98% of people in LFR refuse to learn the fight or learn their class. about 1/4 refuse to actually contribute and another 1/4 try a bit but still are slacking.
    I got pretty annoyed (and decided LFR "why bother" approach) after explaining a mechanic to a "baddie" so he/she/it did not die. I'm talking about the second encounter of SoO and the "fire mage" add which places a debuff on the target which spreads out the damage with more people near this "yellow circle". It was explained even before the pull, and more than 1 "newbie" thought hey i got this circle on me i should run away. So he/she/it runs away from the group all the while i sent a private tell to group up and getting close to newbie. suffice to say the player died (i used def cd - warlock). but it happened continuously.

I asked the baddie, "why didnt you group up?"... "Oh, i dont know what im doing, im new here"... me: "But i tried to help by telling you what to do / the raid leader explained the mechanic / you could see others grouping up / do you know why you die" (one of those responses, i dont know)

I forget the response after that question but gave me the impression that 0 shits were given.

I dont LFR, not because of "bad dps", but rather those who just do not give a shit about the mechanics, thoroughly explained or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post

You must've never played LFR. People are really, really bad.
    Never had this issue personally and do LFR every week since start of MOP, barring a few fights over the expansion taking a few tries when new, mainly breeze through every boss first try.

I run LFR exclusively and I have never seen any wipes on the first boss. Most of my LFR runs are quite smooth, wiping once or twice but then able to overcome it. Either the OP was just queued into the world's worst group or he's lying, I can't tell, since anti-LFR haters love to post all sorts of stuff to hate on LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Never had this issue personally and do LFR every week since start of MOP, barring a few fights over the expansion taking a few tries when new, mainly breeze through every boss first try.
    I really feel this is an issue of the time of day/week you queue, and what battlegroup you're on. Myself and many others have had radically different experiences.
    Usually if you queue on reset day, you have a good chance of getting a decent LFR group on Misery (maybe 1 wipe). Any other day, you have a very high chance of spending hours in there with anywhere from 1-3 wipes per boss minimum. A decent group in LFR on our battlegroup is so rare that guildies actually praise it in awe on gchat when it happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    I run LFR exclusively and I have never seen any wipes on the first boss. Most of my LFR runs are quite smooth, wiping once or twice but then able to overcome it. Either the OP was just queued into the world's worst group or he's lying, I can't tell, since anti-LFR haters love to post all sorts of stuff to hate on LFR.
    I don't see anyone else "hating" on LFR. I for one certainly don't hate it, but there are some issues that I feel need to be adressed soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I've been in 13 LFR's for SoO this week, none of them got past the first boss. Most of them continuously wiped on trash, and of the three groups that did make it to the boss, they never got past the first phase. I definitely know that I'm not the only other player suffering from these failed groups, I was in a conversation with another raider who was trying to just get a 2h weapon from the boss, he was in a dozen other LFR groups that all died on first boss too, and he still hasn't gotten a chance to get his weapon. All of this time waiting to get into SoO for two hours, then waiting another hour to finally figure out that they won't ever get past the first boss before requeuing. It's really, really aggravating.

P.S: I've spent over a thousand gold on repairs, without any loot to show for it. Lesson learned: never LFR on weekends.
    I honestly don't buy it and think you're just looking to have a reason to hate on LFR. Even some of the worst groups I've been in have cleared the wings, and you're trying to say that you had 13 groups far worse than anything seen before?
    <Semi Retired> - Recruiting for 9.2!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    I've seen a few wipes on the first boss, and it's almost exclusively due to a screwup in the tower team. Someone doesn't know what they're doing, aggros something they shouldn't, tower team dies. If it happens more than once there's generally not enough battle rez'es left, or the battle rez'ers may be among the dead.

That said, it's very, very rare. I honestly can't believe it happened that many times in a row unless OP _was_ the person screwing up the tower team repeatedly.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

This can be fixed to some degree by implementing few random questions about each boss ( some Ez question you should know to defeat boss in LFR ). I am also sick and tired of it, losing countless hours on due to lazy people can't even spend 5min reading dungeon journal or watching YT videos...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    I've seen a few wipes on the first boss, and it's almost exclusively due to a screwup in the tower team. Someone doesn't know what they're doing, aggros something they shouldn't, tower team dies. If it happens more than once there's generally not enough battle rez'es left, or the battle rez'ers may be among the dead.

That said, it's very, very rare. I honestly can't believe it happened that many times in a row unless OP _was_ the person screwing up the tower team repeatedly.
    OP was talking about Immerseus, not even Gala. And I've seen that happen myself quite a few times now.

I've done several LFR's and haven't had any issues. Nothing wrong with LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    OP was talking about Immerseus, not even Gala. And I've seen that happen myself quite a few times now.
    OK, yeah, there I've seen a few wipes. It's not hard. Just get a group with enough 'lolz its LFR I iz can AFKs becuz i r reel raydor' DPS not killing slimes and you're done.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    This can be fixed to some degree by implementing few random questions about each boss ( some Ez question you should know to defeat boss in LFR ). I am also sick and tired of it, losing countless hours on due to lazy people can't even spend 5min reading dungeon journal or watching YT videos...
    This. Just give people at least some measure of introduction to the boss.
    Lock LFR to having certain Proving Grounds achievements for your spec, a minimum low ilvl, and have mandatory mini-cutscenes with explanations, as well as an encounter starting mechanic that requires a group of players to start a fight.
    Prevents people from ninjapulling all the time which wastes everyone's efforts, guarantees at least a semblance of basic class/spec/PVE awareness and makes an effort to hit people in the face with the tactics.

I've been in 13 LFR's for SoO this week, none of them got past the first boss. Most of them continuously wiped on trash, and of the three groups that did make it to the boss, they never got past the first phase. I definitely know that I'm not the only other player suffering from these failed groups, I was in a conversation with another raider who was trying to just get a 2h weapon from the boss, he was in a dozen other LFR groups that all died on first boss too, and he still hasn't gotten a chance to get his weapon. All of this time waiting to get into SoO for two hours, then waiting another hour to finally figure out that they won't ever get past the first boss before requeuing. It's really, really aggravating.

P.S: I've spent over a thousand gold on repairs, without any loot to show for it. Lesson learned: never LFR on weekends.
    Which wing if you don't mind me asking. as Immersious with 10 stacks of determination almost seems impossible to do, same with with Galakras. It was Malkorok it had to be Malkorok.

I've been in 13 LFR's for SoO this week, none of them got past the first boss.
    Your number sounds a little questionable. Maybe a few screenshots with maybe determination stack at 6-9 would help. I've been in groups that wiped on Immy, I couldn't really figure out how they couldn't. But 13 different groups ? Sounds like a little embellishment for dramatic effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Your number sounds a little questionable. Maybe a few screenshots with maybe determination stack at 6-9 would help. I've been in groups that wiped on Immy, I couldn't really figure out how they couldn't. But 13 different groups ? Sounds like a little embellishment for dramatic effect.
    Quite EZ, dps joining as tank ( happened more then 10 times ), dps that joins as healer so you miss few and so on....

10+ Year Old Account
    They have nerfed LFR so much that instead of becoming easy, the players have reached critical badness.

But seriously, 98% of people in LFR refuse to learn the fight or learn their class. about 1/4 refuse to actually contribute and another 1/4 try a bit but still are slacking.
    I absolutely agree that the majority of the players are lazy and don't want to learn the mechanics but quite frankly I'm tired of wiping. At this point they already have Flex/Normal/Heroic, I say nerf LFR till it's brain dead easy so those of us trying to pad our gearscore with alts can have a less stressful time doing it. I had a similar experience as the OP this weekend and all this does is make me want to quit the game more than ever. I can't do Flex on the character that I want to gear up because she's guildless and has a low item level, so I'm basically forced to grab a few pieces of LFR gear so I can at least meet the bare minimum requirements.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Is there not a problem when content cannot be cleared by those it was designed for? Only when those above it come in and help?

Can the bar even be lowered any more? Is it possible to nerf LFR another inch without actually upsetting some for lack of difficulty?
    first part: yes, there's a real big problem if people are unable to clear LFR trashmobs. the problem is not the content itself, though. it's the players.

second part: no, the LFR bar can't be lowered any more. it's ridiculously easy already. make it any more easy and you could hand out LFR items the moment people click the "accept invite" button.