Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    I'm not saying you should look at DPS meters... but people really should. Its a great tool to measure how effective your damage is. At the very least you can see or begin to understand how you stack up to other people. Even if you're lower ilvl gear but appear to be pulling your weight, then you must be doing something right. If you're not at the top, then there might be a few thing you could be doing better. If you're under 60k, then you should probably uninstall lol (b/c that's what my moonkin does in 430 gear.) And at the bare minimum, you have 18 dps in LFR... you should feel compelled to do at least 4-5% of the damage dealt every fight. I can't tell you the number of times where my ele is doing 10-15%, which is both unfair, but man do those kills take forever. It makes things un-fun because its such a waste of time.
    I agree recount is good for keeping track of your own dps, it keeps you striving for more. However as I heal LFR, I don't tend to bother with recount, unless the group is having problems, if bosses are dying, then meters don't matter as a whole for the group I'm in.

Mainly I see recount being used as a *I'm better than you* tool, rather than as a constructive tool in groups. So long as stuffs dying and we aren't having a wipe fest then I don't care about meters in LFR.

In a guild raid settings, Logs and Recount are very beneficial for progression etc, but in a guild setting they are more likely to be used correctly and not as an epeen guage (unless in friendly rivalry of course).

As I said before, if the groups I'm in are having major difficulties on a boss, then recount can be useful to pin point problems, but if bosses are dying then recount is not needed in a LFR setting, other than for the individual if they are trying out new gear/rotations/talents etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I've been in 13 LFR's for SoO this week, none of them got past the first boss. Most of them continuously wiped on trash, and of the three groups that did make it to the boss, they never got past the first phase. I definitely know that I'm not the only other player suffering from these failed groups, I was in a conversation with another raider who was trying to just get a 2h weapon from the boss, he was in a dozen other LFR groups that all died on first boss too, and he still hasn't gotten a chance to get his weapon. All of this time waiting to get into SoO for two hours, then waiting another hour to finally figure out that they won't ever get past the first boss before requeuing. It's really, really aggravating.

Is it impossible to get into an OpenQueue flex or normal group without LFR gear? (I only raided a little in early MoP, so not sure where things stand now.) Because if it is, seems like that would be a better use of your time.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by SoulRevenant View Post
    Protip:
    DO LFR TUES-FRI. WEEKEND LFR = RETARD LEVEL MAXIMUM.
    Odd thing about that..I do agree but..

Last sunday outside of..umm..complications with trash before Garrosh. Wings 3 and 4 went without a hitch. yet like a few stories a dps was giving out "Advice" like CCing mobs and there was an attempt to vote kick them that failed. On garrosh he had the entire raid stack by the back engi, kll the ads with cleave damage and EVERYONE switch to the weapon. Phases 2 and 3 same just stack in the center. one person died.

Oddly Wing 1...not so smoothly. I avoid wing 2 like the plague, which is why my alts are stuck there.

I have seen as high as 8 determination, granted it wasn't the first boss but Nazgrim. So as the op's story sounds exaggerated I wouldn't doubt it.

I can believe it.

I was in a group earlier today that fell apart before even the first trash pull. We ported in missing a second tank and a healer. Wait a few minutes and people start leaving. Once the only tank and three healers left most of the dps then leave. Eventually after another 45 minutes the three of us remaining agree to leave.

This seems to happen mostly in Downfall. No idea why, it isn't that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulRevenant View Post
    Protip:
    DO LFR TUES-FRI. WEEKEND LFR = RETARD LEVEL MAXIMUM.
    Yeah, usually i do LFR as tank with a tank friend (or on my lock) because a) i avoid bad tanks and basically any LFR fight can be solo tanked apart strange things like Galrakas b) most of the players that don't actually need drops go on first days after reset.

Another sweet spot is tuesday evening (EU player here) - many people who don't have to progress in HM and like my guild has already finished the farm run log onto alts and do LFR because of free evening.

Anyway OP situation is pretty extreme; it's really strange because this time LFR is REALLY easy; most of the mechanics don't kill or aren't even present during the fight.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    But seriously, 98% of people in LFR refuse to learn the fight or learn their class. about 1/4 refuse to actually contribute and another 1/4 try a bit but still are slacking.
    and the rest is something like 4/14 HC and just afk for twinkloot XD

A little patience goes a long way. Sounds to me like you simply left after a single wipe and requeued. I mean seriously, queueing up 13 times? Really?

LFR is designed to be literally impossible to fail at. If you die enough times, everyone gets buffed to the point where they CANNOT FAIL even if they ignore every single mechanic in the encounter.

But yeah, if you wipe once and rage quit, you're gonna have a bad time. I think queueing up 13 times for the same wing of LFR says a lot more about you than it does about people in LFR.

I mean people in LFR are garbage no doubt, but don't try to act superior to them when you can't be bothered to tough it out for a single boss.

Hell when I was trying to get the blackfuse trinket, I was doing SOO normal mode, flex, and LFR every week trying to get the damn thing. On my LFR run I had got in there just as they wiped for the first time, a healer left the raid which allowed me to get in. Then a tank left. Then the other tank left. Without tanks, everyone believed (for shit knows why) they'd never get replacements and they all left. The entire raid was me and two other people from the original raid composition. We sat there in queue about 7 minutes then boom, an entirely new, full raid popped in on us at the same time. Idiots don't realize I guess that it prioritizes in-progress raids over forming new ones and that it waits until it has enough people to replace ALL losses before bringing people in. But either way, got a full new group, and we crushed the boss.

People just need to learn a little damn patience. I don't like those worthless assholes in LFR either, but if you can't handle wiping 2 or 3 times on a boss, I'd suggest staying away from raiding forever because that is what progression raiding is like. Wiping. Repeatedly. Over a hundred times for some heroic bosses, especially when you're doing it with less gear than intended. A few wipes in LFR isn't gonna kill you, and if you're having shit fits about it and leaving, you really don't want that item in the first place, unless its just handed to you of course.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    A little patience goes a long way. Sounds to me like you simply left after a single wipe and requeued. I mean seriously, queueing up 13 times? Really?

LFR is designed to be literally impossible to fail at. If you die enough times, everyone gets buffed to the point where they CANNOT FAIL even if they ignore every single mechanic in the encounter.

But yeah, if you wipe once and rage quit, you're gonna have a bad time. I think queueing up 13 times for the same wing of LFR says a lot more about you than it does about people in LFR.

I mean people in LFR are garbage no doubt, but don't try to act superior to them when you can't be bothered to tough it out for a single boss.

Hell when I was trying to get the blackfuse trinket, I was doing SOO normal mode, flex, and LFR every week trying to get the damn thing. On my LFR run I had got in there just as they wiped for the first time, a healer left the raid which allowed me to get in. Then a tank left. Then the other tank left. Without tanks, everyone believed (for shit knows why) they'd never get replacements and they all left. The entire raid was me and two other people from the original raid composition. We sat there in queue about 7 minutes then boom, an entirely new, full raid popped in on us at the same time. Idiots don't realize I guess that it prioritizes in-progress raids over forming new ones and that it waits until it has enough people to replace ALL losses before bringing people in. But either way, got a full new group, and we crushed the boss.

People just need to learn a little damn patience. I don't like those worthless assholes in LFR either, but if you can't handle wiping 2 or 3 times on a boss, I'd suggest staying away from raiding forever because that is what progression raiding is like. Wiping. Repeatedly. Over a hundred times for some heroic bosses, especially when you're doing it with less gear than intended. A few wipes in LFR isn't gonna kill you, and if you're having shit fits about it and leaving, you really don't want that item in the first place, unless its just handed to you of course.
    Nice read and I am pretty sure this is OP situation, I hate people that leave after a wipe, to me they're quitters.

The thing is that the LFR groups I'm end usually fall apart entirely after the third or fourth wipe, so it really doesn't matter how much determination stacks we have, cause there's no group around to use it.

I am finding that this is happening most often on wings 2 and 4. IDK why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belian View Post
    Nice read and I am pretty sure this is OP situation, I hate people that leave after a wipe, to me they're quitters.
    I leave after 3, I feel if after having things explained and DPS is very low it just won't happen.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me guess, at no point did anyone actually describe the boss fight, correct?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I cleared every boss in SoO LFR on 4 toons, and did 3 out of 4 of the wings on my 5th 90 as well without ever having more than 2 stacks of determination. This was on various days of the week, not just Tuesday/Saturday. Only reason I didn't do the 4th wing on my 5th toon was I simply ran out of time for the week.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in the US. I have 2 characters I'm doing SOO LFR on every week right now. Some nights I have trouble getting a good run, usually it is sunday night that is really bad, sometimes even TOT runs are failing on sundays. That being said, I'm having at least a 80-90% success rate in SOO. It's a little less than in TOT, but I kind of like it. It makes it more satisfying when you finish a run. In my experience, Tuesday-Thursday is the best night to run LFR. Also I agree wing 2 seems to be the one that is the hardest to finish. Hope you get better runs in the future OP.

I found any day ending with the letter "y" is a good day not to join lfr.

It's worked 100% for me so far.

Deleted
    i call fishy! even on hc this boss is a loot pinjata wich is not posible to wipe to!

Deleted
    I clear LFR every week with a couple wipes at most... I have never wiped on the first boss nor any trash in the raid

The emphasis REALLY needs to be put back on the 5 mans heroics imo, with LFR really only existing as a tourist mode as they intended it to be, and the gear on offer the same ilvl as the heroics, even after newer raids are released.
    I very much agree with this. LFR should be for seeing the content, but then again all players need that sense of progression in gear. They should bring back dungeons like ZA/ZG/HoT etc. So players can get equivalent gear of last tier, but nothing more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    The emphasis REALLY needs to be put back on the 5 mans heroics imo, with LFR really only existing as a tourist mode as they intended it to be, and the gear on offer the same ilvl as the heroics, even after newer raids are released.

I would rather wipe a couple of times on 5 man content where a DPS isnt pulling there weight, or a healer isnt up to par compared to LFR where the majority of the playerbase can hurpderp thru an encounter without learning up on it.

With 5 man content coming back to funnel these bad players into, players who do indeed want to raid and be a cohesive group can do so in normal mode or the equivilient in WoD
    No thanks this would be the worst thing to happen in WoD.

If they put more focus on 5 mans then they can't justify making raids like they have in MoP.

Do I want more 5 mans, sure I 100% do.

If it affects Normal/Heroic raid content quality in any way at all in the slightest 5 mans can burn in hell.

13?! ermmm

This is true however if your group wipes on Immerseus I can understand you don't even want to try the other bosses. If you need Determination for Immerseus you can be pretty sure you will need 5+ stacks on the rest...
    Last edited by Gilian; 2013-11-19 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Is it impossible to get into an OpenQueue flex or normal group without LFR gear? (I only raided a little in early MoP, so not sure where things stand now.) Because if it is, seems like that would be a better use of your time.
    You need flex gear + or normal gear to get into flex raids, and heroic gear to get into normals....as it has always been