Challenge mode Tier 2

How cool would it be if they implemented a way to make Challenge modes worth pursuing again, or to offer more incentive.

1.Possibly a whole new item set for each class similar to Siege of Org style themed designs, rather MoP theme like 1st Challenge mode tier.
    2.Or add a few more challenge mode only difficulty dungeons, and if players who are 9/9 get the 3/3 bonus dungeons, then they receive a new item bag with tier 2 challenge mode armor for their respective class.

I think either option would really make some other players with ugly challenge mode x-mog that didn't care to pursue 9/9 gold would be more inclined to actually pursue them if the tier 2 did appeal to them.

ThoughtS?

Deleted
    You will get more CM with the next addon (confirmed) . Likely that will involve a new set.

Oh right on, didn't see that one. But I mean, isn't siege content going to be atleast for another year with no new content prior to pre-Warlords? That would be plenty of time to implement a tier 2, and make the new warlords challenge modes like a tier-3 +

No, SoO definitely will not be relevant for a year. According to Blizzcon it is looking liike we will get a beta in late Jan/early Feb with a May/June 'ideal release date'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatetic View Post
    No, SoO definitely will not be relevant for a year. According to Blizzcon it is looking liike we will get a beta in late Jan/early Feb with a May/June 'ideal release date'
    We are at Arenaseason 14 and there is Arenaseason 15 gear already in Blizzard's Database. The s15 gear is itemlvl 544 which is still under current flex. This makes it believable that it will come without any further pve content. Considering a typical seasons length I'm pretty confident that SoO will be another loooong ride.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    We are at Arenaseason 14 and there is Arenaseason 15 gear already in Blizzard's Database. The s15 gear is itemlvl 544 which is still under current flex. This makes it believable that it will come without any further pve content. Considering a typical seasons length I'm pretty confident that SoO will be another loooong ride.
    Season 15 will likely begin about the same time beta begins. If they decide to do season 15 in MoP at all.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    Season 15 will likely begin about the same time beta begins. If they decide to do season 15 in MoP at all.
    They likely would have the foresight not to create s15 gear if they won't make a s15, regarding the simultanious start with beta : very possible . After all the beta needs time to run.

One thing which I am wondering and which in a way deserves its own thread is what Blizzard will do with the current CM's in WoD. I really don't like the idea of them having the same leaderboard. While class changes will be few, they will exist and significantly alter the way speed runs work. Even if some things were preserved (i.e. "MOP" vengeance for 90 CM's) the thing is now we're playing two different games (MOP and WOD) at this point and expecting people to do so is asinine.

---

One thing that bothers me, I wish there were a way to get all of the Pandaren Phoenixes on one character. Maybe if they became account-wide, or made if they were account-wide amongst all 9/9 silver CM earners.

Deleted
    CM players are so few i doubt blizz is concerned about ladders for CM players. What likely will happen is that they wont scale flasks / bufffood /gems/enchants down and mop cms will be a joke in wod.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    One thing which I am wondering and which in a way deserves its own thread is what Blizzard will do with the current CM's in WoD. I really don't like the idea of them having the same leaderboard. While class changes will be few, they will exist and significantly alter the way speed runs work. Even if some things were preserved (i.e. "MOP" vengeance for 90 CM's) the thing is now we're playing two different games (MOP and WOD) at this point and expecting people to do so is asinine.

---

One thing that bothers me, I wish there were a way to get all of the Pandaren Phoenixes on one character. Maybe if they became account-wide, or made if they were account-wide amongst all 9/9 silver CM earners.
    Gear will be scaled down still afaik. However, it is likely the gear from this xpac will still be BiS for it due to additional sockets and what not.

Gear will be scaled down still afaik. However, it is likely the gear from this xpac will still be BiS for it due to additional sockets and what not.
    Right, how will abilities work? What if they do their promise and tone down CC (for PvP), that affects CM's. How will vengeance work? They are changing the ability completely when it comes to how it works with tank mitigation. What about Tertiary stats? Will items this tier be changed to the new WOD model? How will not having to gear hit/expertise work with the new model? Right now the gear is assumed that you gem it and allot 5100 stat points for hit/exp that's going away.

Are we going to be playing two different games? (MOP tanking versus WOD tanking, MOP gearing versus WOD gearing). That's just super fucking annoying. Unless leaderboards are locked I feel that this is just invalidating everyone's effort who worked to get the CM times while they were still MOP content and not WOD content.

It's been said over and over again even when it came to running older raids at "proper level" that you aren't really running them, because of massive gear and ability changes. Granted MOP has a bit less of that, for instance, the class/talent changes don't seem as drastic... yet. But for all we know Beta hasn't even appeared yet, we just saw 100 talents.

I'd be surprised... in fact, extremely disappointed if we don't see at least some class changes/fixes.

Making CMs any harder would make half the specs non viable.

Deleted
    I don't want anymore time trials, they last way too long to be any challenge anymore.

Idk, challenge modes were a letdown imo. Sure it was "cool" to have your Cmode gear the first month or so but after that it was like everyone had it. Getting the "top times" is just stacking OP classes ele/ele/Disc/BRM/mage or something else that was fotm. If all classes/specs scaled well at that low of a ilvl then sure it might be interesting competing for realm times but with the current system its not like that at all.

Deleted
    I would LOVE to have a new CM set for each tier, themed. Would make running CM again, a viable passtime. Running for realm fast time is not particularely good fun, nor rewarding in any way.

I still need to find a CM group on horde =/. I need to get it done before WoD too...

Posted by Dom
    Making CMs any harder would make half the specs non viable.
    Blizzard would need to tune them much tighter for that to be true. Pretty much any basic comp can clear all golds with a few minutes left on the timer.

Posted by icecoldsir
    Getting the "top times" is just stacking OP classes ele/ele/Disc/BRM/mage or something else that was fotm. If all classes/specs scaled well at that low of a ilvl then sure it might be interesting competing for realm times but with the current system its not like that at all.
    This is what we call a ''double standard'' — raid comp is extremely important to cutting-edge guilds, but you don't see people mentionning this nearly as much.

10+ Year Old Account
    What at Blizzcon gave you that idea?
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)