Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So what's your 'deal-breaker'?

For the Record I am totally fine with:

- Item-squish. In fact I wanted it in MoP after they first discussed it in Cata.
    - Level 100. It's just a number, ultimately a speed-bump.
    - Garrisons. Let's face it, its Farm 2.0. It's a nice solo progression thing that ultimately will only help your toon. Followers give us new things to collect.
    - New inventory mangement. I play Stock UI only, because I am a MAN and I have TESTICLES. This is a QoL thing for me.
    - No flying until 100. How is that different than MoP?
    - A free 90. Maybe I'll go back to my old server for a while just to say "'sup."

I am only OK [meaning I can live with it if I must] with:

- The enemies in this one. They look boring as hell. After fighting demons, then death, then flying death and negative emotions turned Godzilla I get... brown orcs. Absolutely underwhelming. The Mantid and Mogu were more menacing. My monk is panadaren and Alliance. On the RP side of things I'd chase down Garrosh, but after that?
    - An alternate universe Draenor might be worth exploring, what I have seen so far is yawn-inducing. Quit claiming you did it from scratch Blizzard, basing it off an original design IS NOT FROM FUCKING SCRATCH!!
    - Crafting changes. Build from bank is fine, some tradeskills (looking at YOU Leatherworking!) need some serious help. Look at some of the sub-60 recipes, they require more mats than things we make in Pandaria. There should be Pandarian style catch-ups in place for the skills they didn't get to in MoP.
    - Stat changes and rare stats. This one might get erased from the list depending on further info. You get rid of stats no one uses or like to use, yet I saw no mention of PVP only stats. As it stands, those remaining make no sense either. The new stats are intriguing and confirm my beliefs that SoO trinkets were the test market for them.

I am having a problem with:

- No metas and reduced sockets. I think they should stay, I really do. Better yet, make them all from here on out like Wrathion's Crown of the Heavens... IE give them all a compelling proc. OR do it like D3's gem system, instead of bare-ass stats give each socket a value that changes depending on what color gem is inserted.
    - Bonus stats. I hear set bonuses may be going too, need confirmation.
    - No flying until 6.1. That is a HUGE one for me, it sounds so absolutely asenine I doubt blizz would actually do that. Upgrade to deal-breaker if so.
    - The whole panel anti-advertisement thing. You fumbled on a lot of questions, so much so that I felt like you didn't even know or care what direction this expansion was going in. Next Blizz-con, I suggest actually showing up. With Enthusiasm and maybe a touch of professionalism. Harsh, but true. It doesn't instill a lot of confidence.

Ultimately, my deal-breaker is:

- Buh-bye reforging & evolving gear. Anyone who played a monk since 5.0 knows that the evolving gear system can not possibly work without some way to change your stats other than dumb luck [reforges]. All I'm getting is we'll have to settle for whatever stats the game gives us on a drop or you are SoL. Likewise, the instant an ability or forbid even a mastery has to change, how will the gear change with it? Will it even change at all? Taking away customization options in a game that is nearly a decade old? It's worse than ret-conning lore IMO.
    Last edited by Teebone; 2013-11-10 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Ultimately, my deal-breaker is:

- Buh-bye reforging & evolving gear. Anyone who played a monk since 5.0 knows that the evolving gear system can not possibly work without some way to change your stats other than dumb luck [reforges]. All I'm getting is we'll have to settle for whatever stats the game gives us on a drop or you are SoL. Likewise, the instant an ability or forbid even a mastery has to change, how will the gear change with it? Will it even change at all? Taking away customization options in a game that is nearly a decade old? It's worse than ret-conning lore IMO.
    So you're telling me that you actually like spending time each time you get a new piece of armor to reforge everything else instead of playing the game?

Anyway... OT:

I have no deal-breaker with this expansion. It looks great to me, and I really like some of the decisions Blizzard is making to reduce the bloat of the game. I'm extremely happy that Blizzard is working toward making PUGs easier to form and making them reward better stuff than random groups.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My only gripe: Blizzard seemed to not give a shit about this expansion at all. Feels like a patch.

Deleted
    No flying in Draenor which has apparently been suggested.

well i stopped playing wow in s8 (i think that was 2010) and this is the first time ive considered actually coming back (i mean i checked out the new races in cata and monk in mop, but that lasted about an hour each), so there's not a whole lot of deal breakers here..

theres no dealbraker for me either im disapointed that flying wont be in till 6.1 as i said in another thread i can immerse my self with the scenary and ladcape easly form the sky and i like being there but i love every other change to the game expecily the removal of hit expertiese and reforging, they were all just a very annoying and boring juggling act. the removal of meta gems fit will with the fact that their slots will fit to you spec.

tho im not so sure about the other gems in your gear.

for example you are a ter pally in ret gear in gems when you swich to ur os prot/holy do the gems change with the gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much only actual problem in World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor for me is huge lack of daily quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonWuzHear View Post
    So you're telling me that you actually like spending time each time you get a new piece of armor to reforge everything else instead of playing the game?
    What I'm saying is not being able to choose what stats you stack for better results, relying only on luck for drops, takes away from gearing. Do I like doing that? Not so much. BUT: what exactly am I putting faith into to get the stats I need? Luck? Programming? Are we going back to spending countless weeks farming that one boss just for a fucking bracer you need? How is that any more/less fun that micro managing your gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Rawcult View Post
    No flying in Draenor which has apparently been suggested.
    Yes, if the rumour about no flying until 6.1 is true (I couldn't find it in any of the footage), then that's the deal breaker for me. I'm fine with no flying till max level, but I already quit over no flying for alts until max level, so I will certainly quit (or not start) again for no flying at all.

Deleted
    Nothing for me, buying it. My only problem is there is no word of how they are attempting to fix these realms with an insane queue time, even today. When the patch hits there will easily be a 5000 queue on some of the more populated realms. Makes raiding and the overall experience of the game a little less. Was hoping for some select few servers to get a massive boost in the amount of people that can login, maybe it will still be announced.

Deleted
    So far there aren't any for me. Fingers crossed that something wont mess up tho because it looks nearly perfect. I havent played in a long time, but I'm looking forward to doing it now.

Removing reforging is probably the most stupid thing they could think off... Reforging helped to make items that were otherwise pretty useless at least somehow helpfulll. If it wasn't there i would throw three items into the bucket im wearing now, because one of the two stats are so useless compared to the ones blizzard forced me to take with my Paladin in this example that i simply don't think i should use them. It's a horrible idea to remove it again, and i can't see a reason why they do it... Giving the "You will have more exciting ways"-rubbish came up countless times here, and one of those "new exciting ways" was socketing and reforging at some point. They could fucking decide for once.

Something else that is really annoying me is this:

New Character Models
    The team hasn't decided how new character models will be released yet. It could have all of the completed race at launch, or they could be added every patch.
    There will be no free re-customization for characters after new character models.

So chances are you will fuck up entirely how my character looks, but you won't give me a chance to fix YOUR (and only YOUR) mistake by allowing me to pick another option but with paying extra? Lowblow, you greedy jerks.

edit: Oh, and sorry if i step o' anybodys feet here but if you quit over not being able to fly; Wrath-Kiddies... :I I will consider you very lazy for this, and slap yourself twice please if you are one of those moaning about the game being dumbed down while whining over having to use your groundmounts for probably two months at worst... With all seriousness; It's really not that bad...
    Last edited by SoundOfGuns; 2013-11-10 at 04:53 PM.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    What I'm saying is not being able to choose what stats you stack for better results, relying only on luck for drops, takes away from gearing. Do I like doing that? Not so much. BUT: what exactly am I putting faith into to get the stats I need? Luck? Programming? Are we going back to spending countless weeks farming that one boss just for a fucking bracer you need? How is that any more/less fun that micro managing your gear?
    But you won't be. It will be easier to gear up because of how Blizzard is changing the loot. The stats on armor change depending on your specialization, implying that you probably will get stats that are good for your spec.

Besides, there are BiS items even with reforging. In other words, people still farm for the BiS items and micro-manage gear.

Right now gear is basically highest item level wins because we have 395894385934 ways to modify gear. They are trying to return to actually looking at the item rather than just going "meh I'll reforge it" 99% of the time.

That being said I will miss socket bonuses. It was always pretty cool and didn't require massive recustomization.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Pretty much only actual problem in World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor for me is huge lack of daily quests.
    omg? some1 actualy liked doing 100 daily quests every day?

i hated them and when they anouced that there was very little of them i jumped for joy.

to yours your own i guess...

10+ Year Old Account
    I do.

Spending time adjusting the stats is actually part of the fun for me.

Lot of things:

Trial of the Gladiator sounds stupid. Casual mode for arena players.
    Removing hit and expertise as a gear-check for entering raids.
    Horrible plot and villains we don't want to see.
    More LFR.
    Personally hated the combat in MOP. Everyone has static mana, doesn't go oom. Everyone has 5 "oh sh*t" buttons. Homogenization throughout. Looks like it'll continue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    Removing reforging is probably the most stupid thing they could think off... Reforging helped to make items that were otherwise pretty useless at least somehow helpfulll. If it wasn't there i would throw three items into the bucket im wearing now, because one of the two stats are so useless compared to the ones blizzard forced me to take with my Paladin in this example that i simply don't think i should use them. It's a horrible idea to remove it again, and i can't see a reason why they do it... Giving the "You will have more exciting ways"-rubbish came up countless times here, and one of those "new exciting ways" was socketing and reforging at some point. They could fucking decide for once.

edit: Oh, and sorry if i step o nanybodys feet here but if you quit over not being able to fly; Wrath-Kiddies...
    As someone else mentioned, I'm also concerned about regemming sockets when you switch specs. That would mean we would have to have two of each item with gems or spend just as much time and even more money on gear tuning than we do now. If that's the result, making this change would be an utter waste of time and resources. The current system isn't perfect, but it is broken either. Replacing it with a system that could be broken isn't fixing a god damned thing.

And, my only gripe with vanilla was travel time. Been here since beta ya snob

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that they are gutting raids. Won't be buying it if they don't scrap that horrible plan.

But you won't be. It will be easier to gear up because of how Blizzard is changing the loot. The stats on armor change depending on your specialization, implying that you probably will get stats that are good for your spec.

Besides, there are BiS items even with reforging. In other words, people still farm for the BiS items and micro-manage gear.
    You mean as good as it works now? To stick with my Paladin: Get an Item with the stats Crit and Haste. Whoopdy-Fucking-Da; 23Gold at a Vendor, thank you kindly. Blizzard is a jackass about itemization and always has been. There was always a big number of items that everyone knew where just ways to improve your gear when your current peace was very very horrible, but would just help you wait-out a better option since the stats are rubbish. Actually as Holypaladin; Haste/Crit is absolutely useless without reforging, but it's one of those things i got when using this item-combo on the timeless-island to get a 535 as quick fix since i had no luck with chest-pieces... It won't be easier in any way... It will make a huge step backwards.
    Last edited by SoundOfGuns; 2013-11-10 at 04:55 PM.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.