Thread: Rogue Revamp

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rogue Revamp

so...it is true they are going to Revamp Rogues in WoD as they did with the Warlocks in MoP?

Highly unlikely. They mentioned they wanted to differentiate hunter and rogue specs but that we shouldn't expect any major changes (in a blue post they posted months ago).

Deleted
    Exactly as Ophion says!

Though unfortunately some people took in this news - twisted it - and came to the conclusion they would be getting radical make overs.

The same people who are now crying tears of blood that their "promised 4th Batman Spec" for Rogues/Hunters is not going to arrive.

Wish there could be major changes and rogues could use a revamp. Seriously, even the lvl 100 talent insists on the combo points ON target mechanic. Are they ever gonna get over it? Ah, SnD too, why would they make it passive for Assa only?

Only revamp rogues need is some button debloating. Merging Slice and Dice with Rupture would be a good start.

Deleted
    They announced somewhere removal of behind target requirement for ambush /backstab , downsite of front attack would be 3% parry chance to still make it better beeing behind
    If this goes live its about the biggest change they can posivitely make

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Ah, SnD too, why would they make it passive for Assa only?
    iirc they said something about it wasn't final that it was Assa only, not sure though.
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

Deleted
    Make the 3 button spec a 2 button spec. Makes sense.

I think our amount of buttons is fine, Combat just needs to have a real identity beyond "the spec with the slow weapons".
    Would I like a rogue revamp? Sure, but only if it means Combat is going to see real change. The other two specs feel fine as they are.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    Only revamp rogues need is some button debloating. Merging Slice and Dice with Rupture would be a good start.
    That's more QoL fix, we don't need to reduce our 4-5 button rotation any further due to bloat.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morthes View Post
    so...it is true they are going to Revamp Rogues in WoD as they did with the Warlocks in MoP?
    it's unlikely. Warlocks got whole new mechanics and "energy" system with soul shards no longer being a regenerant. The most we can hope for is combo points in the rogue, probably in the form of a passive redirect talent or ability.

Having said that, I would still like to see slice and dice baked into envenom rather than being a seperate passive. Making envenom stronger is more interesting than having a passive slice and dice in my opinion, although it may seem weaker it's a step towards making player damage more interactive rather than auto attacking.

Rupture merging with crimson tempest would be nice too, just make rupture an aoe cleave and a strong single target. I don't think that aoe finishing moves has actually worked out that well which is why i'm not that excited about death from above.

Perhaps more cleave abilities instead of blade flurry, I just don't like the watered down blade flurry at the moment. I get why it had to happen, but it feels boring and punishing to use. I'd rather see combat passively free cleave targets with abilities such as sinister strike. I also don't see anything swashbuckly or unique for combat, something like passively deflecting instead of dodging or parrying could be an interesting change to make the spec a bit different. I used to really enjoy the "unfair advantage" talent in wotlk that let combat rogues deal some damage (and rewarded a combo point? or i might be confusing it with set up which I know definately did that) on a dodge. Not to make a tank spec, but to improve pvp, soloing, and add flavour as the spec is supposed to be about melee combat and they need something to make them stronger face to face. A spell reflect may not go a miss either.

Death from above should be a subtlety eviscerate replacement, require 5 combo points to use, and work as some kind of gap closer without a cooldown. 5 combo point's isn't a lot for subtlety which generates them easily with abilities like hemo and hat it's supposed to be fast spammy weak combo point generators and strong finishers.

Maybe subtlety could have a rolling buff or proc that occasionally, temporarily stealthed the player (not on demand, a free vanish would be op) or at least allowed the use of stealth only abilities, perhaps to get garrotte into a pve rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    No complete revamp please! Maybe some more exciting animations and some more differences between speccs but that should be it. I don't really play my warlock anymore after the revamp. I don't want that to happen to my rogue.

Why revamp a class that has worked as intended since launch. Ye we need some flashier animation, and combo point on ourselves instead of on target would be awesome, aside form that rogues have always been super usefull in every raid, efective in PvP (sometimes too effective and other not that much but always effective somehow) and overall require an average skill level to be played properly. So it works and Blizz generaly do not fix what isnt broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously wouldn't want one. They basically ruined warlock class IMO. You might find them fun, but I find them incredibly boring now after they changed them so much.

Seriously don't want the same to happen to rogues ;/

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Ah, SnD too, why would they make it passive for Assa only?
    I thought that at first but if you think about it, it makes total sense. SnD is a complete nonfactor for Assassination because it's the only spec that presses the button literally once per fight. If you're not hitting Envenom once every 30 seconds and refreshing it that way, you're doing it wrong. The other 2 specs at least have to regularly manually refresh it, boring though it may be.

To add to the OP, I'd like some spec differentiation (all the remaining 3 pures need it, really) and CP on the player and I'd be happy. Assassination should feel like I am killing you slowly with poisons and bleeds. Combat should feel like I am messing you up by getting into the openings in your armor. Subtlety should be about striking hard from shadows. Currently, only assassination really feels like it fits that bill imo.
    Last edited by ecca2; 2013-11-21 at 05:39 PM.

I really hope they revamp combat, it's the spec in the game I want to enjoy most theme wise but is one of the ones I enjoy least, feels so janky.

Deleted
    guys remember how abysmal rogues are at the start of this expansion?
    do you think they will be like that at the start of WoD, you know with the squish and all?

having to wait half an expansion to start having fun with your class isn't acceptable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    I really hope they revamp combat, it's the spec in the game I want to enjoy most theme wise but is one of the ones I enjoy least, feels so janky.
    agreed, outside cooldowns it's just so pathetic

Pyro here, just want to chime in... my rogue went from my 9th alt, to my main alt in MoP. Why? Simple: because the combat felt amazingly buttery smooth, for both combat and assassination, like someone had been refining the perfect recipe with just the perfect balance of ingredients for 10 years.

That and goblin sneaking animations crack me the hell up!

Anyway, a revamp, please no, at least not for combat and mut. I posted elsewhere they could probably just completely do away with sub and create a shadow/fire type rogue spec ala the Nightblade in Rift. Then it wouldn't be a total revamp on the 2 specs that have been awesome forever, but a 1/3rd revamp making a rather unloved spec into something super fun.

Also I don't remember rogues being that bad at the start of MoP. I remember feeling super crappy that no matter what I did for gearing and improving my play style, without a weapon upgrade my dps sucked. But that's the plight of all melee in this game unfortunately, unless they ever uncouple dps skills from weapon dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    Then it wouldn't be a total revamp on the 2 specs that have been awesome forever, but a 1/3rd revamp making a rather unloved spec into something super fun.
    This is not even a matter of opinion, this is just flat out wrong.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Deleted
    Would like to see combat come back fun. I want to be able to use different weapons than daggers. Bring back fists/swords/axes/ They are missed!