Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Monk stuns can be parried?

why is it that leg sweep can be parried in what universe is any other stun parried but a monk stun can? im just really confused

Deleted
    Mighty bash on my druid is regulary dodged/parried etc

Quote Originally Posted by LexZombie13 View Post
    why is it that leg sweep can be parried in what universe is any other stun parried but a monk stun can? im just really confused
    I stopped playing my monk. Too many such clunky mechanics as well as unreliable gap glosers.

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    I stopped playing my monk. Too many such clunky mechanics as well as unreliable gap glosers.
    Wouldnt say they are that bad..

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Wouldnt say they are that bad..
    They aren't necessarily bad, but they are extremely clunky and RNG. Also, playing Monk is probably the hardest class in game if you've either got lag or fighting someone who is laggy. The lack of any reliable gap closers means Monks have to almost always use Paralyze to actually make contact against people who know how to kite effectively.

OT: I had a think about it, and I don't actually know. Shadowfury, Warstomp, Shockwave and Blinding Light (Glyphed) can't be parried or dodged, and they are all in the same category of AOE stun. Even Fist of Fury shouldn't really be able to be parried (Although, it should be for obvious reasons - it's pretty similar to cheap/kidney/bash etc).

It's extremely annoying to be in a situation where you have the potential to land a 100% kill. The enemy has no trinkets, healer is off paralyze DR, you've got 10 stacks of TeB and proc trinket up, you go for a full leg sweep into the enemy DPS and it gets parried, followed by your RSK being parried... and the entire kill opportunity is lost. I can't think of any class thats burst gets completely ruined by RNG, apart from maybe Enhancement Shamans who get stormblast parried... but then they have the opportunity to set it up off Cap totem.

My only advice to you is to coordinate with your Healer, and have him CC the enemy healer while you Paralyze->Legsweep the DPS, that way it can't get parried.

I hate how rng dodge/parry can be in pvp, does anyone know if warrior shockwave can be dodged or parried?

Yes it's annoying, parry/dodge being in the game at all beyond evasion/dbts is annoying in general.

Quote Originally Posted by crushlol View Post
    I hate how rng dodge/parry can be in pvp, does anyone know if warrior shockwave can be dodged or parried?
    No, same with stormbolt/charge.

10+ Year Old Account
    So? Pally stuns can be eaten by grounding, yours can't. You know how annoying it is when you're trying to go for a kill but right as you're about to CC the shaman, he drops a grounding and eats HoJ. There's a positive and negative for each kind of stun.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Yes it's annoying, parry/dodge being in the game at all beyond evasion/dbts is annoying in general.

No, same with stormbolt/charge.
    I'm glad hit/exp are being removed.

Deleted
    First of Justice and Hammer can be parried too, why not Monk stuns?

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, it is melee so I can see if getting parried. but the bad thing baout it is the 5yds, hell even shockwave gets a 10 yd and it is even better than leg sweep, it is so weak vs lag. It makes me feel like a kitty back in bc all over again.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    They aren't necessarily bad, but they are extremely clunky and RNG. Also, playing Monk is probably the hardest class in game if you've either got lag or fighting someone who is laggy. The lack of any reliable gap closers means Monks have to almost always use Paralyze to actually make contact against people who know how to kite effectively.

OT: I had a think about it, and I don't actually know. Shadowfury, Warstomp, Shockwave and Blinding Light (Glyphed) can't be parried or dodged, and they are all in the same category of AOE stun. Even Fist of Fury shouldn't really be able to be parried (Although, it should be for obvious reasons - it's pretty similar to cheap/kidney/bash etc).

It's extremely annoying to be in a situation where you have the potential to land a 100% kill. The enemy has no trinkets, healer is off paralyze DR, you've got 10 stacks of TeB and proc trinket up, you go for a full leg sweep into the enemy DPS and it gets parried, followed by your RSK being parried... and the entire kill opportunity is lost. I can't think of any class thats burst gets completely ruined by RNG, apart from maybe Enhancement Shamans who get stormblast parried... but then they have the opportunity to set it up off Cap totem.

My only advice to you is to coordinate with your Healer, and have him CC the enemy healer while you Paralyze->Legsweep the DPS, that way it can't get parried.
    1) That is a fairly pointless statement, lag doesn't make the game easier for anyone.
    2) You have the most mobility in game aside from Burst of Speed Rogues. You cannot seriously say you are lacking "reliable" gap closers.
    3) This is a bad thing, how? Claiming that this is a bad thing is akin to saying that you want 100% up-time without having to use that, which is ridiculous.
    4) Shadowfury and Blinding Light can both be resisted by Rogues; Blinding Light has a CAST TIME when it is a stun.
    5) Shockwave has a 15 second longer CD than Fists of Fury and Fists of Fury can be applied again during the same use of the ability if trinketed. The stun is applied on damage.
    6) Warstomp is a racial, irrelevant when talking about classes.
    7) That is not a valid complaint for PvP.

TL;DR
    Monks are fine.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Its not even a rare occurrence for me to have every Tick of FoF parried

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    2) You have the most mobility in game aside from Burst of Speed Rogues.
    Don't get me wrong, monks are very mobile, but the most mobile? I do not think so. Druids and rogues take up that spot(and arguably warriors...atm)
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LexZombie13 View Post
    rogue gougue,cheap chot and disarm can be parried.
    If youre unlucky all fail and then watch your partner die...

I really hope next addon wont have any parry in pvp.
    Last edited by mmoc1be018301a; 2013-11-20 at 03:16 AM.

thats why my monk has 7.5% expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    1) That is a fairly pointless statement, lag doesn't make the game easier for anyone.
    2) You have the most mobility in game aside from Burst of Speed Rogues. You cannot seriously say you are lacking "reliable" gap closers.
    3) This is a bad thing, how? Claiming that this is a bad thing is akin to saying that you want 100% up-time without having to use that, which is ridiculous.
    4) Shadowfury and Blinding Light can both be resisted by Rogues; Blinding Light has a CAST TIME when it is a stun.
    5) Shockwave has a 15 second longer CD than Fists of Fury and Fists of Fury can be applied again during the same use of the ability if trinketed. The stun is applied on damage.
    6) Warstomp is a racial, irrelevant when talking about classes.
    7) That is not a valid complaint for PvP.

TL;DR
    Monks are fine.
    1) The difference between playing a Shadow Priest or Warlock and trying to play a WW Monk when either you or the person you're facing has 100-200+ MS is pretty large. Warriors had Charge fixed so people couldn't 'jumpcharge', and Ferals had the daze applied to their Feral charge because of the lag issues with that.

2) Mobility and reliable gap closers aren't the same thing. In terms of getting from X to Y, Monks do it faster and better than everyone else, I'm not disagreeing with that. Rolling towards someone just for them to move 2 yards left and be out of range for disable is what I meant. Every other melee either has a ranged slow or a 'teleport' mechanic. If Spinning Fire Blossom was targetable or ignored non-players this would be a perfect spell for these situations, though.

3) Using your main crowd control ability just to make contact is like Druids having to cyclone to catch up to their target, or Warriors having to Stormbolt or Shockwave just to keep up their slow. If you think this isn't a bad thing I don't know what to say.

4) I was talking more about the fact that AoE stuns generally aren't able to be parried. Shadowfury is a ranged stun, Blinding Light is instant for rets (im pretty sure). Every single one has their pros and cons.

5) I already said Fists of Fury should be trinketable, and I agree it shouldn't be reapplied. It'd be more enjoyable for everyone (monk included) if it didn't triple DR stuns randomly.

6) Fair point.

7) How is burst being ruined by RNG not a valid point for PvP? One of the biggest complaints in PVP is about RNG. Whether it's back-to-back starsurge procs or lava burst procs, taste for blood or mace stun. Having the chance for your cooldowns just to 'not work' doesn't make sense. You can be completely ahead in a game, and about to win, and a completely RNG parry will ruin your kill, even if it is a perfect set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Useful View Post
    thats why my monk has 7.5% expertise.
    I honestly think going any higher than the min amount is pretty pointless. There are always ways for classes to parry and dodge.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't like Tier 4 talent being parried? What about Tier 6 aoe 5 sec loading stun talent being ran off its areal 1000 of ways/dispeled/cloaked/AMZ-ed?
    I think threads like this should be closed, a class with insane mobility whines about using their insane cc on an insane cd for "gap closers"........
    Last edited by Evida; 2013-11-20 at 06:02 PM.

Kidney Shot has had this issue since vanilla. Some stuns are on the combat table, and can be dodged or parried if performed on a non-CCed opponent, from their face.