Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    1) The difference between playing a Shadow Priest or Warlock and trying to play a WW Monk when either you or the person you're facing has 100-200+ MS is pretty large. Warriors had Charge fixed so people couldn't 'jumpcharge', and Ferals had the daze applied to their Feral charge because of the lag issues with that.

2) Mobility and reliable gap closers aren't the same thing. In terms of getting from X to Y, Monks do it faster and better than everyone else, I'm not disagreeing with that. Rolling towards someone just for them to move 2 yards left and be out of range for disable is what I meant. Every other melee either has a ranged slow or a 'teleport' mechanic. If Spinning Fire Blossom was targetable or ignored non-players this would be a perfect spell for these situations, though.

3) Using your main crowd control ability just to make contact is like Druids having to cyclone to catch up to their target, or Warriors having to Stormbolt or Shockwave just to keep up their slow. If you think this isn't a bad thing I don't know what to say.

4) I was talking more about the fact that AoE stuns generally aren't able to be parried. Shadowfury is a ranged stun, Blinding Light is instant for rets (im pretty sure). Every single one has their pros and cons.

5) I already said Fists of Fury should be trinketable, and I agree it shouldn't be reapplied. It'd be more enjoyable for everyone (monk included) if it didn't triple DR stuns randomly.

6) Fair point.

7) How is burst being ruined by RNG not a valid point for PvP? One of the biggest complaints in PVP is about RNG. Whether it's back-to-back starsurge procs or lava burst procs, taste for blood or mace stun. Having the chance for your cooldowns just to 'not work' doesn't make sense. You can be completely ahead in a game, and about to win, and a completely RNG parry will ruin your kill, even if it is a perfect set up.
    1) Jump-charging was class-breaking. Warriors, without a reliable charge, have no actual gap closer other than Heroic Leap, which is on a 45 second CD.
    2) Monks have a spammable root that has a snare worked into it. Every class has a slow, but only three have teleports, monk being one of them. Monks have roll (2 charges, 20sec recharge), a flying serpent kick (25sec CD), and either an additional charge of roll with a reduced CD, a sprint, or a move speed increase. This is a better toolkit than both enhance shaman and ret paladin.
    3) It's a 15 second CD. The other things you listed are double or more than the CD. Cyclone, as well, has a cast time.
    4) Blinding Light is a disorient and breaks on any damage. Glyphed it has a cast time, then it becomes a 3 second stun. The cons for these is that they're spells and can be negated by AMS/Cloak of skill effects.
    5) Because every class can have it happen. I never said RNG was a good thing, just that RNG is something that affects everyone. However making RNG out to be a thing that is only pertinent to your class, which is what was done, is silly. Any class that can have an ability be dodged and parried can potentially have a kill messed up by RNG. Think that execute is going to hit? Nope, chuck testa.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Evida View Post
    Don't like Tier 4 talent being parried? What about Tier 6 aoe 5 sec loading stun talent being ran off its areal 1000 of ways/dispeled/cloaked/AMZ-ed?
    I think threads like this should be closed, a class with insane mobility whines about using their insane cc on an insane cd for "gap closers"........
    DKs still take that stun over the trinket?

I can play that game too, "i think posts like this should be deleted, a class with insane damage whines about having their CC easily dispellable"

Also i don't think you understand the difference between mobility and a gap closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    1) Jump-charging was class-breaking. Warriors, without a reliable charge, have no actual gap closer other than Heroic Leap, which is on a 45 second CD.
    2) Monks have a spammable root that has a snare worked into it. Every class has a slow, but only three have teleports, monk being one of them. Monks have roll (2 charges, 20sec recharge), a flying serpent kick (25sec CD), and either an additional charge of roll with a reduced CD, a sprint, or a move speed increase. This is a better toolkit than both enhance shaman and ret paladin.
    3) It's a 15 second CD. The other things you listed are double or more than the CD. Cyclone, as well, has a cast time.
    4) Blinding Light is a disorient and breaks on any damage. Glyphed it has a cast time, then it becomes a 3 second stun. The cons for these is that they're spells and can be negated by AMS/Cloak of skill effects.
    5) Because every class can have it happen. I never said RNG was a good thing, just that RNG is something that affects everyone. However making RNG out to be a thing that is only pertinent to your class, which is what was done, is silly. Any class that can have an ability be dodged and parried can potentially have a kill messed up by RNG. Think that execute is going to hit? Nope, chuck testa.
    You obviously don't know what you're talking about and should stop posting.

Blinding light never has a cast time for ret, glyph or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    You obviously don't know what you're talking about and should stop posting.

Blinding light never has a cast time for ret, glyph or not.
    Sorry that I've not used one of the worst Paladin glyphs? xD
    I can confirm that it is instant for Ret, however.

That being said, your comment lacks any substance and unless you are going to post something conducive to a conversation, you should not post at all.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the price you pay for it being a PHYSICAL attack as opposed to a MAGICAL attack like some other stuns. Each one has their pros and cons. Physical attacks can be dodged/parried magical attacks can be negated by some abilities like Dispels and Grounding Totem.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Bring on WoD and auto-hit/expertise capping.

Although this might mean stuns can still be parried from the front... ugh hopefully they'll look into that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    I stopped playing my monk. Too many such clunky mechanics as well as unreliable gap glosers.
    this is what troubles me about monks, even though i still play mine because there is not class even close in fun but i feel like all our gap closers and stuns being skill shots while everybody else has auto aim/tracking abilities. IT just annoys me when i have to line shit up and everybody is running around jumping like jack asses and everything hits me. But because of the freedom without alot of lockon abilities he have potential to do some fun creative stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    4 Classes have a teleport: Monks, Warlocks, Mages, and Druids.

Shamans and paladins are not supposed to be as mobile, if blizzard wanted to it would be in their toolkit.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    4 Classes have a teleport: Monks, Warlocks, Mages, and Druids.

Shamans and paladins are not supposed to be as mobile, if blizzard wanted to it would be in their toolkit.
    Displacer Beast is a talent, which is why I didn't count it.
    You have not stated anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Bring on WoD and auto-hit/expertise capping.

Although this might mean stuns can still be parried from the front... ugh hopefully they'll look into that.
    I really think that as long as a physical ability is used from the front, it should have a chance to be averted.
    But warriors....

15+ Year Old Account
    Displacer Beast is a talent, which is why I didn't count it.
    You have not stated anything.
    Oh I'm sorry, is saying a fact not stating anything?

You are also forget resto symbiosis on a warlock. Oh and rogue I guess have a teleport with cloak and dagger and shadowstep. And getting down to the nitty gritty, hunters pets can also get a teleport with Blink Strikes.

Talents do count.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evida View Post
    Don't like Tier 4 talent being parried? What about Tier 6 aoe 5 sec loading stun talent being ran off its areal 1000 of ways/dispeled/cloaked/AMZ-ed?
    I think threads like this should be closed, a class with insane mobility whines about using their insane cc on an insane cd for "gap closers"........
    your opinion is invalid.. why in the name of all that is good would you take that shitty stun over desecrated ground in PvP...

lol @insane cc not sure what game you're playing but its not WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Oh I'm sorry, is saying a fact not stating anything?

You are also forget resto symbiosis on a warlock. Oh and rogue I guess have a teleport with cloak and dagger and shadowstep. And getting down to the nitty gritty, hunters pets can also get a teleport with Blink Strikes.

Talents do count.
    Sorry, I should have specified. You have not stated anything that would in any way further the discussion.
    But warriors....

Sorry, just to clarify I meant teleport mechanics like Charge, Wild Charge, Shadowstep, etc. Spells that take you from your current location to your enemies.

Warriors, Ferals and Rogues all have these types of mechanics, allowing them to get their melee ranged slows off. Enhance, Ret and Death Knights all have ranged slows (DK technically has both).

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Sorry, just to clarify I meant teleport mechanics like Charge, Wild Charge, Shadowstep, etc. Spells that take you from your current location to your enemies.

Warriors, Ferals and Rogues all have these types of mechanics, allowing them to get their melee ranged slows off. Enhance, Ret and Death Knights all have ranged slows (DK technically has both).
    Oh, you counted charges and pulls as slows? Then yeah, quite a few classes have them.
    But warriors....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Casual View Post
    this is what troubles me about monks, even though i still play mine because there is not class even close in fun but i feel like all our gap closers and stuns being skill shots while everybody else has auto aim/tracking abilities. IT just annoys me when i have to line shit up and everybody is running around jumping like jack asses and everything hits me. But because of the freedom without alot of lockon abilities he have potential to do some fun creative stuff.
    Try having to line up a Cap Totem for a stun, talk about bullshit. Lol

Deleted
    Monk stuns are fine. L2P issue. If you got lagg, play a caster. Use your stuns behind the target. And yes, my main is monk.