Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    With the word that Ascended armor will drop in Fractals in the future...

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyOrdon
    Ascended armor is not in the game right now, but if it was, it would drop in the Fractals.
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post3228388

...I am making the prediction that any crafting for Ascended armor will include Fractal Relics. I could be completely crazy on this, but it's what I'm thinking.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    new fractals is nice and all but with the randomness its unlikely youll get to see them much.. if ever and im sure people will still prefer swamp as a starter
    Good news then, they are changing it so easier fractals spawn at the beginning of a fractal level and the harder ones spawn at the end. SO you have an increased chance of getting swamp first.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    With the word that Ascended armor will drop in Fractals in the future...

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post3228388

...I am making the prediction that any crafting for Ascended armor will include Fractal Relics. I could be completely crazy on this, but it's what I'm thinking.
    I doubt that and I don't hope so. What a shitstorm would come out of this if WvWers couldn't get ascended armor in WvW but only in dungeons/fractals. They made ascended rings/trinkets,... available for WvW badges and laurels, as well as laurels only for PvErs who don't enjoy dungeons as well. I love that decision.

they will have to make it so there is more than one way to get the ascended armor, if not then yeah like Maarius said, it will be a shitstorm.

Depends on what ascended gear actually brings. If it's just exotic stats but with AR infusion slots I expect them to just drop in FotM, that's the way it should've been from the beginning.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I doubt that and I don't hope so. What a shitstorm would come out of this if WvWers couldn't get ascended armor in WvW but only in dungeons/fractals. They made ascended rings/trinkets,... available for WvW badges and laurels, as well as laurels only for PvErs who don't enjoy dungeons as well. I love that decision.
    If I recall ascended wasn't available for a little while in WvW after its initial release, Anet will probably do the same.

Thank god its not crafting because that was a huge failure adding that shit now instead of upon release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Depends on what ascended gear actually brings. If it's just exotic stats but with AR infusion slots I expect them to just drop in FotM, that's the way it should've been from the beginning.
    This^

Ascended shouldn't of had better stats, just infusions.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I agree 100%

but I have a feeling it will be increased stats

Yea they have already established Ascended as a higher gear level so I doubt they will give it exotic stats :/

As long as they don't break the Ascended/Legendary gear ceiling, they can add all of those two things they wanna add.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fractured preview with Anthony Ordon and Jake Miller. Starts at 4mins in.

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/482882786

Notes from the livestream per Dulfy:
    • With the fractal reset, new content added to 30-50 fractal range. 50+ fractals are not possible at the moment.
    • 0-10, 10-20, 20-30, 30-40, 40-50 have separate rewards that are daily and account bound.
    • Lots of bug fixes for fractals and lots of rebalances. Harder fractals made easier, easier fractals made harder etc.
    • No returning rewards from previous Living World releases (i.e. Aetherblade Retreat, Molten Facility)
    • Endless Fractal Tonic – rare drop, but less rare at higher levels. Has a number of transforms.
    • Higher level fractals will drop fractal weapons in a container, allowing you to pick them. * Fractal weapons are now skins instead of just weapons with no stats that force you to use a transmutation stone on them.
    • Pristine Fractal relics do not have new uses this update but maybe in a later update.
    • No changes to Ascended rings (i.e. ability to salvage them) this update.
    • New slot type called agony resist, only agony resist infusions can go in there. Those with infused rings and backpieces will get a new slot that allow you to put in agony resist infusions in.
    • You can combine two agony resist infusions in to make new ones (i.e. a +2 resist infusion and +1 resist infusion put together will make a single +3 infusion. You can reach infinity agony resist with this method, which is useful when they add more levels in the future beyond level 50.
    • Future updates will add in new levels in 10 increments (i.e. 10 new fractal levels or 20 new fractal levels)
    • No Fractal armor but once we add in Ascended armor you can get those. You can also get Ascended weapon drops as well.
    • No new weapon skins in this release. Fractal tonics and runes/sigils are new.
    • Storymode available for Thumanova Reactor, allow everyone to see it without having to see them.
    • New runes/sigils are only craftable, fractals will drop their recipes. These runes/sigils can be sold on the TP
    • New achievements for new fractals. Meta achievement for Living World release will reward a horde of Ascended materials (bloodstone brick, dragonite ingot, emperial star).
    • Change to agony overall, and non player characters (i.e. pets etc) are no longer affected.
    • No gathering nodes in the fractals.
    • Cliffside and Dredge Fractal combos are no longer possible.

Mistlock Instability
    • New debuffs placed on players at higher fractal levels (31 and higher)
    • Example: Last Laugh: Enemies explodes when killed (Fractal 39)
    • Every level past 30 has its own instability so there are 19 instabilities in total.
    • Leaderboards
    • First come first rank basis – if you are the first to reach a fractal level, you are ranked first for that level.

Aetherblade Retreat
    • Very similar to the Aetherblade facility from before
    • The trap near the entrance of the facility has being changed and new traps have being added. They all require pattern recognition to get pass through.
    • End boss fight is the one with turning lasers.
    • Aetherblade/Thumanova Reactor fractals are typically 3rd fractal in a series due to their difficulty. Molten is 2nd fractal in the series.

Molten Facility Boss Fractal
    • Better jump detection and exploits people were using to stand under the boss to avoid the shockwaves is no longer possible.
    • Boss health reduced for fractals.

Thaumanova Fractal
    • Asuran fractal
    • Change with different fractal levels.
    • Everyone is converted to bald asuras.
    • Wolves pop out of the walls and nom'ed all the bald asuras.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2013-11-25 at 08:52 PM.
    Valar morghulis

Change to agony overall, and non player characters (i.e. pets etc) are no longer affected.
    Sorry rangers, you get fucked again.

New debuffs placed on players at higher fractal levels (31 and higher)
    Example: Last Laugh: Enemies explodes when killed (Fractal 39)
    Every level past 30 has its own instability so there are 19 instabilities in total.
    Leaderboards
    First come first rank basis – if you are the first to reach a fractal level, you are ranked first for that level.
    I love it

Boss health reduced for fractals.
    I don't love it

Thaumanova Fractal
    Fuck you Anet, you know kiel only won because of the waypoint cost, which hardly saved anyone money.

- - - Updated - - -

Also don't watch the video if you want to listen to an idiot say "uh" every 3 words.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Sorry rangers, you get fucked again.
    Wouldn't agony not affecting pets be a good thing?

Fuck you Anet, you know kiel only won because of the waypoint cost, which hardly saved anyone money.
    Still bitter after all these months...

Everyone is converted to bald asuras.
    Best part of update.

From what I've gathered so far, FotM will be easier after the patch than now...
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Wouldn't agony not affecting pets be a good thing?
    So you would rather have agony on yourself instead of your pet. Pretty big nerf for mesmers too.

From what I've gathered so far, FotM will be easier after the patch than now...
    An easier jellyfish? Oh boy..

You don't seem to get it zito, agony simply won't go on pets anymore. Aside from that nothing changes...

You don't seem to get it zito, agony simply won't go on pets anymore. Aside from that nothing changes...
    apply or target?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    So you would rather have agony on yourself instead of your pet. Pretty big nerf for mesmers too.
    I admit, I've not done fractals, but it was my understanding that Agony was a "zone effect" that ticked every pc at once, so it wasn't a matter of "you or your pet" it was "you and your pet". Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Apply for sure, maybe both apply and target.

Apply for sure, maybe both apply and target.
    It might be nice for aoe agony bosses but ST its a nerf for mesmers and rangers set pet/clones could take agony.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I admit, I've not done fractals, but it was my understanding that Agony was a "zone effect" that ticked every pc at once, so it wasn't a matter of "you or your pet" it was "you and your pet". Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though.
    agony is a ST debuff but some bosses have aoe components attached to them. Like volcanoe boss.