Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    This isn't a beer company. This is a video game company. It has been well documented other video game companies give a bunch of stuff in their mmo's for their anniversaries, Blizzard doesn't. Comparing Blizzard to Budweiser is just stupid.
    So, what should we compare it to? All the other video game companies that give out free stuff? All zero of them? What about other facets of entertainment? Can't remember the last time I got a free movie ticket on the anniversary of my local theatre. All that money I've spent on cable and or satellite. No perks there. Also, last I checked, blowing money on booze was firmly in the realm of "entertainment," because you sure as shit aren't drinking for your good health.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Being a sheep has nothing to do with saying a company "said this". If you can't provide evidence that they "said this", then it's only your assumption based on so and so reasons. You should maybe rethink about how you type things.
    "rethink about how you type things"
    "being a sheep has nothing to do with saying...."
    "I am not a sheep"
    "rethink about how you type things"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    So, what should we compare it to? All the other video game companies that give out free stuff? All zero of them? What about other facets of entertainment? Can't remember the last time I got a free movie ticket on the anniversary of my local theatre. All that money I've spent on cable and or satellite. No perks there. Also, last I checked, blowing money on booze was firmly in the realm of "entertainment," because you sure as shit aren't drinking for your good health.
    Other MMOs don't give something every single year so he is wrong.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Let me guess, you're not an adult yet? Typically, when it is your birthday, you treat your friends a drink, bring a snack for everyone to work, or anything really. Receiving birthday gifts stops once you hit age 20.
    Seems that you're not one either. We got treated to a slice of cake in the form of an XP and Rep boost. Be glad you got anything at all, they already bust their asses off for all you haters to try and please you. You already got what you've payed for and this little present is free of charge so stop complaining ffs :/

"Could be" is the main words here. Not IS the reason. That's what I'm trying to get at with this other dude. He is SURE that, that "could be" is the "driving factor".
    And my point was that you are waaaay to focused on what this guy said in a post. You are your own strawman.
    If you want to be so focused on what he said, versus what is the truth, I pointed out to you that you made an assumption as 'truth', just like what you claim about the other guy.

What I would like to see from all of us, is moving on about nit-picking placement of words, and more about what the actual topic is about; please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Other MMOs don't give something every single year so he is wrong.
    *coughRIFTcough*

Show me another game that gives out things EVERY SINGLE YEAR for their anniversary.
    Blacklight Retribution gives out free shit every week in the form of weekly bundle packs. You're welcome.

But this isn't a case of Blizz giving out free stuff every year and other games don't, it's a case of Blizz giving out cool stuff and then for some reason replacing it with some janky buff despite them constantly saying that they have more people on their teams to work on their things (see: This year's Blizzcon).

If they have time to make new mounts, pets, and cosmetic items to put on their Blizz store then I think they have the time to make something for their players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Blacklight Retribution gives out free shit every week in the form of weekly bundle packs. You're welcome.

But this isn't a case of Blizz giving out free stuff every year and other games don't, it's a case of Blizz giving out cool stuff and then for some reason replacing it with some janky buff despite them constantly saying that they have more people on their teams to work on their things (see: This year's Blizzcon).

If they have time to make new mounts, pets, and cosmetic items to put on their Blizz store then I think they have the time to make something for their players.

They gave a pet twice, get over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmo View Post
    And my point was that you are waaaay to focused on what this guy said in a post. You are your own strawman.
    If you want to be so focused on what he said, versus what is the truth, I pointed out to you that you made an assumption as 'truth', just like what you claim about the other guy.

What I would like to see from all of us, is moving on about nit-picking placement of words, and more about what the actual topic is about; please.

- - - Updated - - -

*coughRIFTcough*
    Tell me that if/when Rift lasts 9 years.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

holy F*ing crap.. people are complaining that they are not getting FREE stuff on an anniversary?! whats wrong with you people? you ran out of things to complain about? i thought all the QQ threads about flying was petty and stupid.. but this is beyond my comprehending.

Its sad idd, but what were ppl expecting when they have fucked us over since 2009?

They gave a pet twice, get over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell me that if/when Rift lasts 9 years.
    Ah, the old 'when its as good as wow' fallback, classy. Im sorry facts make you angry when its not in your favor.

You're not understanding what it means.

-Blizz said why no more pets.
    -People who believe their reason are sheeps (based on the poster)
    -Poster is not a sheep because he doesn't believe them.

He said that the company said they don't make pets anymore because they don't have the time to create them. He obviously believed that, despite not posting a Blue Post that stated it.
    You're already assuming too much. I'm not calling people who believe Blizzard's reasoning 'sheep'. I'm calling you a sheep, for not accepting any possible lines of common sense or reasoning outside what Blizzard says in Blue posts, even when such reasonings are mirrored by multiple people in different contexts.

So yeah, you're a sheep for needing to see it in a Blue Post or not believing it at all. I have no reason to believe otherwise because you haven't provided a single opinion in this entire thread, only seeking claims for evidence in an otherwise opinion-driven discussion.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-11-20 at 02:47 AM.

You're not understanding what it means.

-Blizz said why no more pets.
    -People who believe their reason are sheeps (based on the poster)
    -Poster is not a sheep because he doesn't believe them.

He said that the company said they don't make pets anymore because they don't have the time to create them. He obviously believed that, despite not posting a Blue Post that stated it.
    You said to rethink how you type things, and I pointed out the irony of your statement. His sheep comment had nothing to do with what he said about the pet, it had to do with how he takes in information and analyzes it. Your comment was just taking what he said, and continuing to hammer that quote from pages ago, because you cant let go of it. I was just pointing out the obvious misrepresenting you were doing with his words again, which followed the "rethink how you type things" remark.

For a guy who is so worked up on other people "assuming" things, you are doing a really good job of it yourself. Can we please move on now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmo View Post
    Ah, the old 'when its as good as wow' fallback, classy. Im sorry facts make you angry when its not in your favor.
    Rift came out 2 years ago, what did they give on their second year? I don't really recall any pet, heck I don't recall a pet at all not even the first year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Let me guess, you're not an adult yet? Typically, when it is your birthday, you treat your friends a drink, bring a snack for everyone to work, or anything really. Receiving birthday gifts stops once you hit age 20.
    Yeah, no. It really isn't. Just sounds like you're the forever alone one who isn't loved there.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Rift came out 2 years ago, what did they give on their second year? I don't really recall any pet, heck I don't recall a pet at all not even the first year.
    Wow gave us nothing for its first 3 years, so what's your point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Little Timmy went to a party for Billy's birthday and then got mad because he didn't get any presents.

Lolz.

I'm a pet and mount fanatic, but I'm not mad at this year. The only thing Blizzard should send me is outside because I've been playing this game for too damn long.

Which was in context to the guy who said they were making pets for the pet store. The same time that wouldn't have been able to be devoted for an anniversary pet. I'm glad you understand the context which you're taking my quotes out of so brilliantly.

You do understand that I was making a hypothetical based on someone making the assumption that Blizzard only has time to devote to store pets and nothing else, right? But I guess it's easier to pick apart the small bits you understand and attack them like a strawman. Or worse yet, you assumed I was quoting an ominous Blizzard statement instead of reading into the context and realizing it was masked rhetoric.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-11-20 at 03:11 AM.

Give us 50% exp buff item for two weeks, Then we good. IDC

Rift's First year:
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/03...versary-event/

Rift's Second year:
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/02...inal-of-the-a/

WoW's 9th year:
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=223999/w...8-december-2nd

10+ Year Old Account
    So bonus exp and a patch.