Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    its not our bday, its wows bday, why did we get anything at all
    Go buy some wrapping paper, get the hellfire quest where you collect hellboar poo, wrap it and give it to a GM. Enjoy your insta ban.

I never got a tabard, i got some item i gotta click hourly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dymonic View Post
    Fighting against a warlock is about being under a constant barrage of smaller spells that chip away at your health. During the fight you would constantly be trying to do enough damage to the warlock to kill him before his spells build to critical mass, killing you. Warlocks prefer a very blatant display of their power. Walking around with their minions, or having their spells scorch the very earth they are battling upon

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Show me Blue Post that says they won't be giving pets anymore on the Anniversary due to lack of time. You claimed this is why, now back it up.
    I don't know what kind of strawman argument asspull you're trying to start, but I never said ANYTHING close to that.

The response I had about Blizzard taking time to create pets was in context to the store, not of lacking Anniversary pets. They have said before that they take a lot of time to create those pets, yet they DO have that time to make them for the store shows that the resources are there, they're just prioritized for monetization over 'customer appreciation'.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-11-19 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    I think you're hugely overestimating how many people would resub for the anniversary just for a pet.

But again. You're assuming that the only reason Blizzard isn't making pets for the anniversary is due to lack of time. Do keep in mind that, I believe both pets for the anniversary, already had models in game so they needed a tiny bit of coding, whereas the store pets are almost all unique models.
    I didnt assume anything, i just pointed out a scenario, thats VERY plausible and it something that companies should or do consider when making choices. The whelpling and baby bear didnt have models in the game prior. There were whelpling models, but not the same model or texture as the onyxia one, just the skeleton. The same is for the blizz bear, there were bear models, even smaller ones, but not a cub like that. If anything, similar models were made using those 2 afterwards (why not re-use the resources....) .

Besides, on the same page as the one i quoted from, someone was mentioning reasons to resub...almost any reason. I think you may be underestimating the peoples willingness to find any reason to resub into WoW. There are thousands of people that resub every time theres a patch, just for the sake of seeing whats new or something sparked their interest again. A limited edition pet, an anniversary event, and subsequent in game holiday events can make someone come back, and keep subbed until the new near. Comapnies look for tiny incentives all the time; My first job sold bananas at 20 cents a pound, JUST to get people inside the store. All you need to do is get them inside, and then your chances of getting more money increases dramatically.

A limited edition "unique" pet, is that incentive. Just like a game patch.

i don't see why people are defending blizzard, there were bars set in previous years.
    I don't care either way, but it's like what one of those posts said, 9% bonus xp or rep is pretty useless, it would have been better if they didn't do anything at all.
    I get it its 9th year, 9% but at the same time its like what does that really do for anyone.

Wish they had just sent out 1 rare candy

Actions speak louder than words, I don't think I need a Blue Post to tell you that a 9% boost to EXP hasn't exactly gone perfectly with the community.

So would you like me to rephrase it to 'Some of their reasons'? Maybe the ambiguity will allow you to accept a driving reason as to why we're not seeing pets every year.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-11-20 at 12:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korruna View Post
    Another Blizzard-can-do-no-ill fanboy thread. Nothing to see here. Move along.
    And what ill did Blizzard do? They gave you free stuff. They didn't have to give you anything. Don't like it? Tough.

Maybe your fanboy comment might make some sense if Blizzard had deliberately set out to insult their players or something, but some of you people get insulted no matter what they do.
    Putin khuliyo

What does it matter in the end? We're STILL not seeing incentives unless it's a milestone. So yeah, I have no reason to come back this year, but I should have a reason next year when they're giving away a new something for the 10 year anniversary, which is a big milestone that everyone is expecting.

That's marketting working against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    What does it matter in the end? We're STILL not seeing incentives unless it's a milestone. So yeah, I have no reason to come back this year, but I should have a reason next year when they're giving away a new something for the 10 year anniversary, which is a big milestone that everyone is expecting.

Why are you expecting incentives though? You're like the customer who sees something on special one week then demands that you still get it for the same price weeks after the promotion ended because it was on special that one time.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a stupid thing to complain about, be happy the game even exists at this point holy shit.

Why are you expecting incentives though? You're like the customer who sees something on special one week then demands that you still get it for the same price weeks after the promotion ended because it was on special that one time.
    Are you saying that there are no expectations for the 10 yr anniversary?

Are you saying that there are no expectations for the 10 yr anniversary?
    No, I'm saying there are no expectations for the other randomly numbered anniversaries.

Lol, no comment on my above statement? Or are you just going to keep throwing around your assumptions on why Blizz does what it does, then say they said it and provide no proof.
    Perhaps not a blue, but would you settle on a Green?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...81595?page=1#5

So if I'm wrong in assuming that, then I'm not the only one.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I'm saying there are no expectations for the other randomly numbered anniversaries.
    If that were true, we wouldn't have any threads about asking for pets on anniversaries now would we *rollseyes*

I don't care about pets or wanting a pet. All I care about is retaining the right to say that this is just another uneventful and mediocre anniversary, and that I think they could have done better.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-11-20 at 12:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the jizz must taste awesome based on how you suck that company cock.

its a slap in the face because all other major mmos do far more for their fans on their anniversary with far less resources (cash at their disposal) than blizzard.

If that were true, we wouldn't have any threads about asking for pets on anniversaries now would we *rollseyes*
    People can make up expectations all they like, but it doesn't mean they're realistic expectations.

I don't care about pets or wanting a pet. All I care about is retaining the right to say that this is just another uneventful and mediocre anniversary, and that I think they could have done better.
    People can say that all they like. Doesn't mean people have to agree.

No, if you say that Blizz said they won't make Anniversary pets, due to the lack of time, then you better provide a Blue Post from Blizz itself stating that.
    It still doesn't disprove what I've said. We know there is no 5.5, why? Time. We know we're not getting a new pet, for what reasons? Well we know they're saving up for something bigger, and the general reason why we aren't getting pets every year should be pretty simple. Time. It is not what Blizzard themselves have come out and said, but it's a conclusion based on reasoning. The same conclusion the MVP came to in his defense of why we aren't seeing pets.

Does he need a Blue Post to confirm this as well?
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-11-20 at 12:50 AM.

did you all watch blizzcon they said "blizzcon is there way of giving thanks to the player's" of ALL the game's. you know after you pay them the $150 that is.
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

You guys act as though your sub entitles you to special stuff. It doesn't. Your sub pays for you to have access to the servers to play this game.

If you have a problem with their current structure, go play Rift. It has lots of loyalty rewards if you feel you need to be rewarded for paying for a service.

It does disprove it, in that Blizzard made a Blue Post saying that they don't plan on giving Anniversary pets for a completely different reason. Lol, damn. And in that actually Blue Post, it never said it was due to lack of time.
    We've had 6 years of anniversary, since this was never celebrated for the first 3 years of WoW. We got pets the first two years. We got nothing for the following year. Every year after was a % EXP/Rep boost.

Time is intrinsically tied to the reasons why they are not providing the same content every year after. They don't have to say it, but's a very simple conclusion when you consider the first two years they introduced this they provided pets (and a revamped raid, making a HUGE deal out of it), and had to make a Blue Post to explain lack of content for subsequent years. I don't see why you're so caught up in requiring an official response to understand basic reason.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-11-20 at 01:06 AM.

How many players do you think are going to come back for a pet? There aren't that many that have such a small hangup.