Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Because people are obviously bitching because they got the Blizzard bear amirite?

What you're talking about is a completely different topic altogether. If you're going down the road of 'Blizzard shouldn't do it cuz everyone will bitch anyways' then we might as well not have any new content, cuz guess what? People will bitch about it. And apparantly, that's what you want and are satisfied with, and feel that everyone else should be content as well.
    He stated they should bring back old pets, I said people would bitch it wasn't on a totally different subject, do me a favor and stay quiet.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Holy shit people are greedy. I thought this game was for fun, not for a virtual-item-investment plan? You guys do realize that just because you pay $15 a month, does NOT mean you own the company or that the company owes you ANYTHING at all, right?

Like, wtf stop n shop, give me a fucking birthday cake. Jesus.
    100% this. People think their $15/mo give them the right to get anything they want. No.. it gives you the right to play the best MMO there is.. period.
    Quote Originally Posted by DETdream View Post
    Just enjoy the game folks, they're not making it for you specifically. When you were playing Super Mario Bros. you learned to jump over piranha plants, you didn't complain until they removed the damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Indstructble12 View Post
    100% this. People think their $15/mo give them the right to get anything they want. No.. it gives you the right to play the best MMO there is.. period.
    You may be happy paying your $15/month for server time and no new content, but that it's not enough for me. It's simple if you think about what the premise of an MMO is, and that's progressive content. We're in the deadzone right now.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-11-20 at 08:48 PM.

You may be happy paying your $15/month for server time and no new content, but you can't stop me from saying that it's not enough for me.
    Voice your opinion with your wallet and unsub from the game, citing "Not enough new content" as the reason for unsubscribing. Continuing to pay $15/month for something you aren't enjoying sends the wrong message to the developer.

I'm getting a bit of a laugh from people feeling entitled to having things. You can only extend a hand so far with gifts in a game like this. Sure some useless pets are cool and they do them for large events and large anniversaries but what, are you expecting "Thanks for playing here's free epics!". Cause you know... that's one of those things that aftfects the game negatively, especially when the end game goal is to gear and kill bosses. They toss in some freebie perks as a "Hey happy anniversary here's something nice for being here". Not everyone has played for 9 years so should people who only started playing last week get a different level of reward that others? That'd just be a head ache and waste of time.

People that feel entitled are no better than the guys who complained about how steam didn't run some Halloween game event this time as if that's a requirement. Blizz could just as simply say thanks for the 9 years of support cheers. Like someone said above, you can spend thousands of bucks on booze, clothes, computer parts, games, groceries etc... you don't see other companies going around with "Heyyy here's a bunch of free stuff for you". Its a business in the end. Blizz is good enough to offer some niceties along with seasonal events to keep everyone happy, the thanks they give you is by constantly developing stuff you enjoy playing and can do in your spare time (unless you don't enjoy the game, in which case just quit and stop complaining).
    ~ Never switching off the boss to kill adds and blinking into defile; the story of Swizzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinmaul
    Never tell the truth if it's going to make you look bad. You tell them you are an officer in Paragon and that you are fluent in Finnish. Then you can say you are used to long grinds and doing whatever it takes to ensure a big finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Voice your opinion with your wallet and unsub from the game, citing "Not enough new content" as the reason for unsubscribing. Continuing to pay $15/month for something you aren't enjoying sends the wrong message to the developer.
    You need to read the backlogs. I can't reiterate enough that I've been unsubbed since Cata, actively looking for a reason to come back, AND am disappointed at the (lack of) content available for what I would like to be doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You may be happy paying your $15/month for server time and no new content, but that it's not enough for me. It's simple if you think about what the premise of an MMO is, and that's progressive content. We're in the deadzone right now.
    No new content? They put out new content all the time LMAO you are just a troll, if you are unsubbed then go find somewhere else to troll.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Timeless Isles is the last big update we're going to get till 6.0. You under a rock?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Wanna know why we don't like it?

Because we didn't like it last year.

Or let me expand a bit further. They did the same last year, except with 8%, and probably no one liked it. At all. There was so much backlash on these forums and the official forums that most of the topics ended up being deleted because they were all about how shitty the 8th Anniversary gift was.

And did Blizzard learn from that? You woulda thought Blizz would have learned from last years' mistake and offer something a bit more substantial, right? Like a permanent tabbard? or a pet? Or even some minor cosmetic headpiece?

Chyeah, like fuck they did.
    You mean, Blizzard didn't fold to the whiny entitlement babies who think they deserve to be given something every year?

Jesus, this thread is pathetic. Frankly, I don't give a damn what they give me for their anniversary or whether or not its useful to me. I want new content, new raids, new quests. I don't give a shit about some tabard and exp boost they give once a year.

Of all the things Blizzard does that people complain about, this is by far the most asinine. I mean fine, complain about mages in PvP or how hard X boss is, that shit's actually important to the game but I don't understand why people give such a shit about some inconsequential anniversary gift!
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    Ive spent close to 2,000 dollars on this game.
    My god, I just realized I've dropped over a grand on this game. ONE GAME.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Then don't play it. Problem solved.

But no pet, like the last couple of years, is suddenly a "lack of progressive content"?
    I've never argued for 'pets'. I've always been making the criticism that the 9% exp boost was lackluster. I feel that the anniversary should be celebrated in a more lively and integrated way. Something to remember the anniversaries for. It ties in to content being provided. I came back with the 10 day trial to see that aside from Pandaria being there, pretty much everything was the same as when I left it. I came back during Brewfest, and the new items were at least something I can remember coming back for.

Anniversary though? I'll guess I'll have this conversation to remember :/

It's difficult to formulate constructive criticism when people just lump it in with 'bitching'. If Blizzard wants to celebrate the Anniversary, I think they should make it worth celebrating. What we're getting just feels half-assed. I think they could have done better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    You also probably saved more on playing this one game over 9 yrs than on new consoles and 10-hr games.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-11-20 at 09:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Is that all?

Lets try seeing this in reverse. How many people work? What is happening? It is an exchange of service for goods. You, as an employee, is selling your service, to a company, who in turns buys this time in the form of goods. Money.

The company has been buying your service for a year. At the end of the year, should the company be rewarded with a free gift from you, for having been loyal in buying your service for a year?

I know people who are self employed who regularly sends small gifts, nothing major, to their clients as a thank you during Christmas. A contracted employee is doing the same except we only have one customer and have a long term contract. Yet we do not need to thank our employers during Christmas or yearly anniversary.

Interesting perspective.

Yes, I know there are people who do extra overtime without being paid. I also know people who are straight 9-5. So lets not get into the "I do unpaid overtime so that is my free gift to the company."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Lets try seeing this in reverse. How many people work? What is happening? It is an exchange of service for goods. You, as an employee, is selling your service, to a company, who in turns buys this time in the form of goods. Money.

The company has been buying your service for a year. At the end of the year, should the company be rewarded with a free gift from you, for having been loyal in buying your service for a year?

I know people who are self employed who regularly sends small gifts, nothing major, to their clients as a thank you during Christmas. A contracted employee is doing the same except we only have one customer and have a long term contract. Yet we do not need to thank our employers during Christmas or yearly anniversary.

Interesting perspective.

Yes, I know there are people who do extra overtime without being paid. I also know people who are straight 9-5. So lets not get into the "I do unpaid overtime so that is my free gift to the company."
    And I know many more companies who don't do squat for thank yous to their paying customers, nobody is entitled to anything, would it be nice? Sure. But am I going to pitch a tantrum because I didn't get a pet or a mount I will hardly use? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    And I know many more companies who don't do squat for thank yous to their paying customers, nobody is entitled to anything, would it be nice? Sure. But am I going to pitch a tantrum because I didn't get a pet or a mount I will hardly use? No.
    That is what I find baffling. People are complaining about a free gift. A present.

If someone gave me a present, I would be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Instead you're berating people who feel they should deserve better from a brand they support.

Are people really still complaining about this? For an MMO a (almost) 10% rep boost is nice. Match it with the thanksgiving one and get +19% rep gains.

- - - Updated - - -

Instead you're berating people who feel they should deserve better from a brand they support.
    Yea so crazy that people dont like entitlement...

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Are people really still complaining about this? For an MMO a (almost) 10% rep boost is nice. Match it with the thanksgiving one and get +19% rep gains.
    And heirlooms are going to be made account wide in an upcoming patch, which is a bigger bonus and not even tied to an event. I just don't see any cause for celebration for this anniversary. 10th anniversary, they'll prolly do something major and huge, just like they did for year 5.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Timeless Isles is the last big update we're going to get till 6.0. You under a rock?

I still have so much to do I won't even finish half of it before 6.0.

Pets I want to collect and level. Mounts I still want. transmog items I'v been looking at. Hell I haven't even really attempted the new proving grounds or the brawlers guild.

I've never had trouble finding things to do in this game.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I still have so much to do I won't even finish half of it before 6.0.

Pets I want to collect and level. Mounts I still want. transmog items I'v been looking at. Hell I haven't even really attempted the new proving grounds or the brawlers guild.

I've never had trouble finding things to do in this game.
    My response was directly to the statement that there was new content added all the time. It's good to hear you still enjoy the game, but from what Blizzard has even stated, there is not going to be any content patches till 6.0. The most we can expect are updates to the holidays, and maybe some quality of life changes to prep for 6.0. We're looking at a possible 4+ month deadzone.