Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    If people are going to bitch either way why bother? Blizzard seems to be of the mindset "Damned if we do, damned if we don't" and I can't blame them, their players are the most miserable ungrateful self entitled brats out there, and yes I am including myself because of my stance on LFR and all the cross realm stuff. Quite honestly I am surprised Blizzard hasn't issued a statement basically saying "Go screw yourselves we are doing what we want, either you like it or you don't"
    That's probably why they stopped after two pets, it wasn't enough so why bother.

Another thing that bugs me about demanding anniversary gifts. I've been playing since launch day, but not 100% of the time and I think I got about 5 anniversary gifts. Simply because I wasn't subbed during the 2 magical weeks at the time I missed out on gifts. Hows that for fair?

If you simply -have- to get a reward it should be for time played or something. Which is still ridiculous if you ask me.

Deleted
    You have a very rich aunt or something, each year she gives you $1000, for several years, but then suddenly she gives you $10 instead. Sure, it is free $10, but you would get a bit disapointed, wouldnt you?

Quote Originally Posted by Gozzu View Post
    Im pretty fucking mad that it's only temporary yeah. I've subbed since the game got released, and most other games actually do reward veterans now and then.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't get shit free. I've payed for this game since it got released, and honestly, most companies do reward loyal customers now and then.
    I shouldn't be happy that i can sub, they should praise all of us because we've bought the game.
    Quoted for fucking truth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You can change parents to a good friend.
    You think Blizzard is your friend? LOL They're a billion dollar corporation. Dude... I'm seriously concerned for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JackHeart View Post
    You have a very rich aunt or something, each year she gives you $1000, for several years, but then suddenly she gives you $10 instead. Sure, it is free $10, but you would get a bit disapointed, wouldnt you?
    Also keep in mind in your analogy you'd also give your aunt a present on her birthday, but it would be millions and millions of dollars. Blizzard makes a TON of cash off this game, their anniversary is basically our anniversary. Without us they are NOTHING. Like if this game was free I'd be right there with the fanboys. However the game isn't free. Its a billion dollar industry in and of itself.

Deleted
    Because it is a slap in the face. They used to give out pets. Some cool pets. Now we get a Tabard. That does not even last for ever, with only 9% xp or rep. Before in time Blizzard would give out thise amazing pets. now we get a 9% xp buff for a week and we can buy the new Pet on the game store. Men hey buiness is buiness, And if people are happy with Shit, why would they waste income on a cool pet

don't lie OP. they gave you that brown lipstick

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    And heirlooms are going to be made account wide in an upcoming patch, which is a bigger bonus and not even tied to an event. I just don't see any cause for celebration for this anniversary. 10th anniversary, they'll prolly do something major and huge, just like they did for year 5.
    Don't forget that it's also warcraft's 25 year anniversary (we got the Blizzard Bear for the 20th). So that's still a pretty big anniversary tbh. ALthough I guess they want to make the 10th more special rather then just making 2 special anniversaries in a row.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    A little store pet wouldnt hurt anyone. Having a large number of max level characters and >90% of reputations at exalted the item they gave is useless to me. Not to be the one acting like a spoiled kid I don't expect anything and I don't whine on the forums about it. But a little free pet would have been amazing like the onyxia whelp or the blizzard bear. That were good times.

Something unique or even just.. different would of been nice. The same shit like 3 years in a row is really lame. Would of preferred some effort put into the mail instead of having to delete garbage on each toon. They don't have to do anything, but it is the same pile of junk that many people have been disappointed over. Not a big deal, but if it wasn't obvious; lame gift is lame. That said the FoS is nice to have, but I've seen several people resub to see what cool new anniversary gift they would receive.

(Some Ideas that wouldn't kill them: 1-7 free days of game time. Recolored Tabard. Yet another recolored pet. etc)
    Stay salty my friends.

People are just disappointing because there are rewards in the blizzard store which could of been anniversary awards, either way, doesn't matter too much in the long run.
    New season. Fun times.

" Who would of thought a small kid from Aberdeen, Washington, who was always labelled a B+ player, who would of thought that guy could of main evented Wrestlemania? Nobody. Nobody except ...you guys."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    Because it is a slap in the face. They used to give out pets. Some cool pets. Now we get a Tabard. That does not even last for ever, with only 9% xp or rep. Before in time Blizzard would give out thise amazing pets. now we get a 9% xp buff for a week and we can buy the new Pet on the game store. Men hey buiness is buiness, And if people are happy with Shit, why would they waste income on a cool pet
    They gave out exactly TWO in 9 years, get the hell over yourselves.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    That is what I find baffling. People are complaining about a free gift. A present.

If someone gave me a present, I would be happy.

I would too. I guess some people just expect something equal or better than previous years. We've all gotten $1000 presents and other times only got a card. The size of the gift should have no bearing. The manner in which it is received is the most important thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    They gave out exactly TWO in 9 years, get the hell over yourselves.
    6 years. First 3 years were never celebrated. Technically it would be 5 years, since Year 6 was not acknowledged either.