Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Lich King is AWESOME! But can't wait for Warlords of Draenor!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Couldn't agree more with the last sentence. Nearly every past character they've brought up have been vandalized, that holds especially true to Lich King and Deathwing. Illidan's problem was that he never got to do anything though.

As for the Nexus War, it started because Malygos believed that the mortal races of Azeroth would end up summoning the Legion with manipulation of magic, much like back in the War of the Ancients. But instead of listening, Alexstrasza just sends a horde of dragons and adventurers after the poor guy.

And yeah, the Garrosh storyline took a stumble towards the end, but that's minor compared to what has previously happened in WoW.
    Wasn't the reason for the nexus war also, that the massive use of arcane energy causes the lay lines to become instable? Or was it a side effect of Malygos channeling everything through the Nexus. Hm.

No. I'm glad the lich king is gone.

One of the most annoying aspects of Wrath was how the lich king kept popping out of the bushes and shaking his fist angrily in the air like an 80's cartoon villain saying "I'll get you next time hero!" then disappearing.

It was absolutely retarded. I was ok, and even excited with his involvement with the DK starter quests, but once you hit northrend he just popped out every 5 or 6 quests to give some snarky comment or something then disappear. It was horribly done.

Honestly I think Illidan was done much better. You knew his story from WC3, so that was already there. And as you went through burning crusade, you heard some references to him here and there. Characters just mentioning him or talking about what he had done, etc. Then you never actually saw him until you burst into the black temple and blew him away. He was just chillin on the roof, not even worried about people roaming through the temple. He didn't feel the need to pop up even at the entrance to throw out idle threats and other stupid bullshit that he obviously isn't going to follow through with. And you only saw him as a raid boss.

I think that is the best way to have it make the most sense. Having them pop up constantly in your face is beyond stupid, especially since you aren't allowed to attack them, they won't attack you, etc, it just makes for a lot of stupidity.

Edit: I also think Deathwing has a great thing going on for him as well. You saw his destruction everywhere, you knew he did it, but you very rarely saw him. Then he would occasionally fly over random zones and 1-shot everything in them for the lulz and go on about his business. THAT was cool. And it made sense. It wasn't the lich king pretending to be a badass when he was just some dumbass that wasn't attackable and didn't do anything to you either, deathwing wasn't attackable because he was flying way up in the fucking air and he DID attack you, he 1-shot your ass if you were on the ground as he set the whole zone on fire. That was a cool thing. If the boss fights in dragon soul had been better, especially Spine and Madness, deathwing would've been my favorite villain in WOW I think. But madness and spine were both dumb fights. It's really unfortunate.
    Last edited by Dasani; 2013-11-19 at 08:30 PM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Yes absolutely for me. WoW has never been the same since LK. I have never been more excited about a game than I was with LK. The whole Death Knight starting zone was just incredible and I love making new Death Knights just to see it again. Definitely my favorite WoW moment. Then Northrend was fantastic. Questing was great and every zone led into what you were going to do with LK. I didn't really care for Argent Tournament but that's ok.

I agree with you 100% op.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Wasn't the reason for the nexus war also, that the massive use of arcane energy causes the lay lines to become instable? Or was it a side effect of Malygos channeling everything through the Nexus. Hm.
    That was just a side effect as far as I recall.

15+ Year Old Account
    You know, I was just reflecting on this the other night, and I remembered what we used to call WotLK. "Beta." We began calling it that mostly as a holdover from when we were beta testing, but the more the expansion progressed, the more we realized we were paying to beta test for Blizzard. Every raiding tier had a different system. PVP changed frequently. Gearing up was different for every patch. Entire zones worth of quests were bugged and not fixed until a content patch. (Icecrown) For the first time since we started playing, people began to leave the game in numbers. WotLK had some great points, and was a lot of fun, but looking back on it without the nostalgia glasses, it was bloody poorly done. Even now going back to see the old content, I'm reminded of how clunky and unbalanced it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    i dunno, the lore is nowehere to be seen...i loved WC 3 wow and BC lore...but in lich kings and further Expacs lore wasnt so good...i always read quests and had no so much fun with those last Expacs
    My eye's are bleeding

I'd like to see the Scourge return at some point though, maybe just for a patch or even a full blown raid, you can finally put them down for good.

Easy way to introduce it would be that Bolvar can't control them anymore because that was the big thing at the end of the ICC raid. They needed to be controlled because they were still a threat even though Arthas was dead. You don't have to make Bolvar a baddie to do it, he could be enslaved inside the armor and it gives Sylvanas' something of worth to do, she's been rather quiet recently. Add in an unmarked grave (He's technically a war criminal amongst other crimes) for Arthas' somewhere near where Lordaeron would have been. Maybe even use it to be what slaps Jaina out of her out of her 'emo session'.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how you managed to put effort into anything in Wrath in all honesty. I was Heroic raiding without having a clear schedule, just had to meet up once a week to make it halfway through ICC on heroic on first go. Why? Because you couldn't avoid having epics thrown in your face, just from heroics to dailies. Ulduar, sure, but everything else was a piece of cake, even for a casual player like myself. The challenge of the game today is much bigger than it was back in Wrath, if you care to do the right difficulties.
    Was referring more to Vanilla-first half of Wrath...I was super pissed about welfare ICC gear.

That was just a side effect as far as I recall.
    Hm, just read the wiki article on the Nexus war. Basically it was:

Malygos wants to put an end to the abuse of magic
    Kirin Tor are mad that they lose power
    Kirin Tor move Dalaran and started a war
    Malygos responds
    Alex is mad because Maly is killing mortals
    Alex kills Maly

Seems totally reasonable. Nozdormu was wise that he allowed us to steal the dragon soul. Else he could've also become... dispensable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BLCalliente View Post
    As a person who has played WoW since 2 months after release (and didn't play warcraft 3) I would say:

End bosses in order from best to worst:

Lich King
    Illidan
    Kil'Jaeden
    Kel'Thuzad
    Deathwing
    Garrosh

Iterations of WoW in order from best to worst:

Burning Crusade
    Wrath of the Lich King
    Vanilla
    Cataclysm
    MoP

Off topic? A little. Sorry.
    For me it would be:

End bosses in order from best to worst:

Kel'Thuzad
    Illidan
    Kil'Jaeden
    Garrosh
    Lich King
    Deathwing

Iterations of WoW in order from best to worst:

Vanilla
    Burning Crusade
    MoP
    Wrath of the Lich King
    Cataclysm

They killed the LK way too quickly. They should have given us a few more expansions before we had to fight him. They killed him and they can't bring him back unless they pull some more time bullshit.

Deleted
    In terms of story and excitement, facing The Lich King was definitely the most anticipated. And I must admit, he also has by far the best in-game quotes and voice. Only Yogg-Sarons "God of death" voice entrance have been on par with what Lich King delivered throughout cinematics and quotes. Just watch Paragon's kill of Lich King and only listen to the voice put in there. It is fucking magnificent! Killing Deathwing or the Sha boss in Terrace had same effect on me as killing Gruul. Absolutely nothing other than beating a challenge.

I miss everything about LK, except for Utgarde Keep. I loved the themes of the zones, the music, the Naxx pvp, trying to sneak into the other side's base in dalaran...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    When LK was the active X-Pac, I didnt care for it too much but these days I really miss it. Cata was meh, Pandaria is just bad. Looking forward to WoD though, it sounds so far like an awsome X-Pac.

Quote Originally Posted by Annarion View Post
    You know, I was just reflecting on this the other night, and I remembered what we used to call WotLK. "Beta." We began calling it that mostly as a holdover from when we were beta testing, but the more the expansion progressed, the more we realized we were paying to beta test for Blizzard. Every raiding tier had a different system. PVP changed frequently. Gearing up was different for every patch. Entire zones worth of quests were bugged and not fixed until a content patch. (Icecrown) For the first time since we started playing, people began to leave the game in numbers. WotLK had some great points, and was a lot of fun, but looking back on it without the nostalgia glasses, it was bloody poorly done. Even now going back to see the old content, I'm reminded of how clunky and unbalanced it was.
    FINALLY! someone who isn't a shit gobbling retard and sees WotLK exactly for what it was! a cheap petri dish held together by their best character ever created, Arthas. The entire expansion was a complete pile of fucking trash

I get nostalgic every week when I go back to ICC and kill Arthas, for real, that fight was fecking awesome.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    No warcraft fan would say such things about Ilidan.
    meh, i wasnt a fan of illidan in wc3 or wow. i dont think his story was horrible but i wasnt impressed with it either. well his story was pretty well fucked in BC but thats besides the point

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Lich king was the most well known Warcraft lore. The "feeling" of it can not be recreated. You will miss it, and nothing Blizz can do will ever compare.
    This. Its due to Warcraft lore, not WoW alone.

I miss all those times he would pop up out of nowhere and yell

"Next time Inspect...I mean Stom. I will get you!!!!