Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Your favorite end boss was Kel'thuzad?!?!

Are you insane? It was the most boring, horrible fight ever. You had that easy ass, impossible to fail phase 1 that took like 10 minutes of killing abominations to end. It was so pointlessly time consuming. By the time phase 2 started you were ready to gouge your own eyes out.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

a ittle but draenor looks great

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post

Are you insane? It was the most boring, horrible fight ever. You had that easy ass, impossible to fail phase 1 that took like 10 minutes of killing abominations to end. It was so pointlessly time consuming. By the time phase 2 started you were ready to gouge your own eyes out.
    40m epic feel of that fight, most satisfying kill > 25m end fights imo, other ppl will disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Hm, just read the wiki article on the Nexus war. Basically it was:

Malygos wants to put an end to the abuse of magic
    Kirin Tor are mad that they lose power
    Kirin Tor move Dalaran and started a war
    Malygos responds
    Alex is mad because Maly is killing mortals
    Alex kills Maly

Seems totally reasonable. Nozdormu was wise that he allowed us to steal the dragon soul. Else he could've also become... dispensable.
    Well, it's a bit odd since it's just arrogance vs arrogance, but that's war for you I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DrIvoRobotnik View Post
    Was referring more to Vanilla-first half of Wrath...I was super pissed about welfare ICC gear.
    First half of Wrath was pretty easy too, but I get the idea.

The first part of the fight sucked, but the rest was incredibly awesome for its time. Not so much in Wrath though, none of Naxx was really, which was the problem with porting it in the first place.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-11-19 at 09:20 PM.

The rose tinting is strong in this thread.

Arthas during the questing was just stupid, he was over done and essentially played the role of Dr. Claw; "I'll get you next time, adventurer!"

He makes a brief and trivial appearance in Yogg's brain and yet another Dr. Claw moment in TotC and that was it before the patch you kill him.

The actual fight with him was good, but only in that it was a good challenge. Mechanically, he was rather dull.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    WotLK was the pinnacle of wow. thru TBC and WotLK the game was in awesome place, immensely playable and FUN and interesting and addictive and had so many friends playing too,, the community was also a shit ton nicer than now, the community was what this game was all about for me, having to form your own groups was what made wow so awesome, now with LFR and LFG its just awful. but TBC and WotLK was the best time ive ever had playing a game

since then wow has become a chore, everythings gone to pot.. a boredom fest of uninterestness and blandness and rehashness (lots of ness ;p) im holding no hopes of WoD reigniting my passion for the game. too much crap has gone by since Cata.. the game will never be what it was for me even if WoD does end up being fukkin amazing, I doubt ill play like I used to...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    The rose tinting is strong in this thread.

Arthas during the questing was just stupid, he was over done and essentially played the role of Dr. Claw; "I'll get you next time, adventurer!"

He makes a brief and trivial appearance in Yogg's brain and yet another Dr. Claw moment in TotC and that was it before the patch you kill him.

The actual fight with him was good, but only in that it was a good challenge. Mechanically, he was rather dull.
    yes but atleast we knew who da fukk he was and what the xpac was about and who we were battling along to dethrone like...
    all thru Cata you would never know DW was the baddy cos he never did chuff all really to let you know he was there, by the end I was like pfff I don't care for killing this cunt.. deathwing who??? same goes for MoP..

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    As much as I hated the Lich King's depiction in Wrath, I actually really liked the fight. Sure it's not the best, but mechanically I still had fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by owain glyndwr View Post
    yes but atleast we knew who da fukk he was and what the xpac was about and who we were battling along to dethrone like...
    all thru Cata you would never know DW was the baddy cos he never did chuff all really to let you know he was there, by the end I was like pfff I don't care for killing this cunt.. deathwing who??? same goes for MoP..
    If you didn't know who Garrosh was, then open your eyes while playing WoW please.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lich king was, by far, the best portrayed villian in the series.

He had a great lead up since WC3, his presence was known in wow way before WotLK was released, and when he did appear, his presence across the vast wastes of northrend was felt everywhere, like he could be watching you, and could appear at any time. He toyed with us as adventurers, when he appeared, he just oozed power and fear, and having to fight though endless armies of undead climbing the massive pinnacle that was icecrown to face him on his throne, it was an epic feel to stand against him, fighting isolated at the top of the world.

Illidan was underplayed and his story was over quickly. Kil'jaeden popped out of nowhere so had no build up. Deathwing was made a joke of his character and just seemed ridiculous in the end, and Garrosh was just a disappointment of final boss and its outcome.

Yes, Arthas, the lich king, was the absolute best.
    #boycottchina

Deleted

I never played it when the content was current so take it with a grain but its more like: ZzZz and then you got so sleepy you gotta care for a void zone while AFK. Kinda typical for fights with a harder P2 than P1. Might also be that gauntlet encounters are very and don't feel like a real boss but more like you fighting The Mob / trash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    If you didn't know who Garrosh was, then open your eyes while playing WoW please.
    yes, but the absolute shitness of pandas and pandaria let it all down so badly, and at the beginning we had no clue who the baddy of this xpac was really, he wasn't in your face, or popping up while questing or dungeoning like the lich king was/did, just didn't have that aura, that feeling off OOOOOOHH this shit is dope, I cant wait to see whats next... in MoP I was like OOOH cant wait to log off...

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I fear this was more by default, even based on your own arguments, Lich King had no real competition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by owain glyndwr View Post
    just didn't have that aura, that feeling off OOOOOOHH this shit is dope, I cant wait to see whats next... in MoP I was like OOOH cant wait to log off...
    I disagree, the 5.1 and 5.3 questlines were amazing.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by TyrantWave View Post
    Not at all. The LK, and Illidan, were both *horribly* told villians in WoW, and I just don't care for either of them.

LK's main issue is he just felt like some saturday morning cartoon villian. Showing up, "I'm going to stop you with my minions! Ahahahah!" and then we kill his minions constantly. It really diminished the final fight.
    I've never understood that POV of the Lich King. In the final fight we find out he wanted us to kill his minions and that we had been doing exactly what he wanted all along. He was more or less training and testing us the entire time we are in Northrend. If he just wanted to kill us he could of done it at any time. I don't understand how it diminished the final fight by him using us. I thought it made it much more grand and expansion encompassing then just "Hey! Were here now, time to die". Like it was in TBC and vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    The Lich King was a great villain, but they overdid his appearances in Northrend while questing. While it became obvious it was all just a trap for us, the constant appearance and failure to kill us left him feeling like a neutered version of himself.
    I do understand that POV as I think his involvement was slightly overdone as well. I personally just love how everything culminated in the final fight and you realize why he had been acting neutered and didn't just outright kill you already. I honestly didn't pick up on it all being a trap for us until I did the final fight on top of ICC so it worked out great for me. Finishing that LK fight for the first time with my guild is by far my favorite time I've had in WoW.

I do enjoy the LK as a character though and am interested in seeing where they take the LK's character now that righteous Bolvar is the host. Looking forward to seeing him in the future again at some point. I just love how the Lich King always brings that long term strategy and deception to the table that other main villains in this game have lacked so far. Even Deathwing didn't show a fraction of the kind of foresight and planning that the LK did.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-11-19 at 09:51 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Deleted
    The portrayal of Lich King in the game is so out of place it hurts.
    His obese model and voice that doesn't make sense neither for Arthas (at all) or Ner'zhul was so distracting for me. It's just awful, it's way too deep and wannabe-evil.
    They had the perfect voice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2IvDjY3CtQ and then they fucked it up.
    It felt like he had no real goal than being "the ultimate bad guy".
    One dimensional caricature of his former self.
    Last edited by mmoc2cfe61b4f1; 2013-11-19 at 10:10 PM.

He had a great lead up since WC3, his presence was known in wow way before WotLK was released, and when he did appear, his presence across the vast wastes of northrend was felt everywhere, like he could be watching you, and could appear at any time. He toyed with us as adventurers, when he appeared, he just oozed power and fear, and having to fight though endless armies of undead climbing the massive pinnacle that was icecrown to face him on his throne, it was an epic feel to stand against him, fighting isolated at the top of the world.

Illidan was underplayed and his story was over quickly. Kil'jaeden popped out of nowhere so had no build up. Deathwing was made a joke of his character and just seemed ridiculous in the end, and Garrosh was just a disappointment of final boss and its outcome.

Strip out WC3 entirely. We're not playing WC3. We're playing WoW. Not WC3. Which isn't WoW.
    What are you left with? A guy who all he does is "toy" with us, being beaten every step of the way, to finally encounter him where he toys with us again and we beat him anyway.

If your argument is due to his involvement in WC3, think about what you're saying for a second. WoW is so inept at telling its own story, you have to rely on another game entirely. That is abysmal story telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    I've never understood that POV of the Lich King. In the final fight we find out he wanted us to kill his minions and that we had been doing exactly what he wanted all along. He was more or less training and testing us the entire time we are in Northrend. If he just wanted to kill us he could of done it at any time. I don't understand how it diminished the final fight by him using us. I thought it made it much more grand and expansion encompassing then just "Hey! Were here now, time to die". Like it was in TBC and vanilla.
    Because all he did was pop up again and again, being beaten again and again. By the time you get to him, it's just "Oh look, that clown that can't seem to win anything again."

10+ Year Old Account

Kil'Jaeden didn't actually pop up out of nowhere. After you beat Kael'Thas he literally yells to Shattrath telling them that he's still alive and that his master is coming. Tier 4 and 5 were launched together so you knew since BC started.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    I've never understood that POV of the Lich King. In the final fight we find out he wanted us to kill his minions and that we had been doing exactly what he wanted all along. He was more or less training and testing us the entire time we are in Northrend.
    Exactly. I keep trying to get this point across to people, but people seem to ignore that twist in the plot and instead scream that he's DrClaw'ish.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    BC lore was absolute shit, and this is coming from someone who's favourite expansion was TBC. Blizzard has constantly improved at storytelling via quests since then. I seriously doubt you have read the quests.
    no..my favorite was vanilla. and that u the one who never read quests...i stoped at wotlk-cata coz it was very boring...and in BC. yes. i readed all quests i did. i realy like arthas lore sicne WC 3. so definetly i would read all quests that suround him...but..again. it was boring

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lucizanito View Post
    Kil'Jaeden didn't actually pop up out of nowhere. After you beat Kael'Thas he literally yells to Shattrath telling them that he's still alive and that his master is coming. Tier 4 and 5 were launched together so you knew since BC started.
    Or you played WC3...

As someone who jumped into WoW after dropping my jaw at the ending of Warcraft 3 : The Frozen Throne I can say that the Lich King is my favorite character from WoW. I'm not gonna debate it with anyone it is my opinion and it's been my opinion since 2005.

I don't "miss" him because his character and his story were so great because there was an end to it, a fitting one too. A return of Lich King Arthas would lessen, cheapen his character and honestly, that's the last thing I want.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, R.I.P arthas. :/