Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I think more content faster is a wonderful thing. But if it turns into quantity over quality, then no thanks. Look at MoP, were still sitting on the same 5man dungeons from launch. The first patch had no raid or dungeons. No thanks.

Also, If I have to pay $40 a year for the software, instead of every other year, I would expect them to lower the cost of monthly subscriptions, which probably wouldn't happen.

They could get away with it. Release two tiers of raids every expansion and don't include new races or classes.

An expansion every year would be a good thing since the quality isn't dependent on the amount of time they have anymore. I am just thinking if they go that route then what will they have put out in 3 years (3 expansions) and when will they run out of ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think 3-4 months for every raid content is abit low. 5 Could be better, i mean raid content with huge instances with 14-16 bosses.

They say this all the time and then fall back on their tried/tested/true method of taking the time and doing it right.

That said, I would love to see content out that quick, or even quicker. I enjoy the challenge of heroic raids but most of the time I'd be more than fine with moving on before clearing a full tier's heroics - just to do truly new content. And of course there's a lot more to content patches than raid content, most of which I usually like too.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

How many times have they promised this? Can they actually KEEP it this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Just be happy with the clearly superior talent trees. Nobody should want to go back to the old crap.
    I miss the old system. While it was definitely full of bloat, it lead to better customization and uniqueness in the end. The new talent system is nice, but it's not a real talent system, it's an extension of their Glyph system.

Where are the old talent trees done right? Check out Borderlands 2. It's a system that opens up gameplay options, different builds and character uniqueness. It's literally the old WoW talent system with less bloat.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    How many times have they promised this? Can they actually KEEP it this time?
    "We want to do such-and-such" = "promise!"?

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Yeah, because making content outdated every 3 months and forcing everyone either to rush or quit is a perfect idea.
    To put it into perspective, you would only have 20-25 raid resets before the next raid comes out (assuming one raid every other patch). Good luck, casual guilds!
    Why do you have to rush or quit? That's funny I didn't know they got rid of ToT once SoO came out....

In WotLK my guild raided Ulduar hard modes when we finished ToC normal for the night when it was gated.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorqin View Post
    Idk about this... As long as the devs can take their time to develop excellent content Im all for it. But if they have to rush and slop everything together just so they can release one per year then no thanks. As Bojax mentioned, Quality > Quantity.
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

I expect nothing less from Activision.

Expect stagnant gameplay and small story lines. Not only does Blizzard want us to pay $15/month, they want us to pay an extra $40 every year. Bullshit.

Deleted
    An expansion a year? I can dig it.
    Blizzard have said this every year since Vanilla.... as usual they fall short EVERY time on thier release date promises.

I think the yearly idea will start to form up easier now that the WoW team is so huge. I know some people don't want this, but I am all in for this idea. More expansions faster will be the only way to keep people entertained. Long drawn out patches, regardless of quality, will not keep people around anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojax View Post
    Quantity over quality? No thanks.
    I'd like to point out that there's only been 2-3 months between each patch in 5.X. A yearly expansion isn't that hard to imagine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojax View Post
    Quantity over quality? No thanks.
    Blizzard has made it clear that quality is right out, so I guess we'd better take our quantity and like it. Or quit, of course.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

That would be nice. But they've been saying this for a long time and failing to deliver.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data

Deleted
    I hope not as then it will become laughable like Call of Duty and Fifa, which is hardly anything new added but requires you to fork out for a full game...again

Deleted
    An expansion a year? I can dig it.
    They claim this since vanilla nothing to see here as its not gonna happen....

They said that since TBC

It's probably more viable now that Titan has be cancelled.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8