Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Fluffy Kitten Yvaelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Darnassus
    Posts
    11,331
    Somebody needs to broadcast some kind of global seminar for old people on what the internet is and how it works. They need to pick their battles - this isn't Hustler selling magazines in stores - it's not one company and it can't be stopped at the distribution chain. If they want to hunt down kiddy porn, good - find it - find those involved - arrest them all: everyone is on the same page (well, except pedophiles, but their vote is void).

    If music companies have a problem with free distribution of their product - sure, valid problem. What music companies need to recognize though is that the internet is an infinitely better distribution channel than the ancient store-based model they are using. They are trying to sneaker-pimp an electronic product, and ignoring the electronic distribution channel - which is absolutely insane. They have nobody to blame but themselves. It would be like if the only way anybody could eat at a restaurant, is by ordering restaurant food online - and there was no physical restaurants in existence: a physical product only being sold through an electronic medium. Ditto for the film industry obviously

    You can't fight porn on the internet, you may as well declare war on something overwhelming like water on Earth's surface - or something ephemeral like "terror" (lol sorry, had to do it) - or something both overwhelming and ephemeral... like porn on the internet.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

  2. #102
    I am Murloc! Grym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in UK where there is chicken
    Posts
    5,207
    Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    No, I'm serious. I don't think many people would enjoy calling their ISP to opt-in.


    They are not the ones with the problem, so why should do have to do anything about it?
    I am sure ISP will have an online tick box if you don't wanna phone them, just like most ISP you can access and amend your account online.

    I am thinking it should be as simple as Account Setting > Preference > Porn On/Off

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Isn't it sad how this is the only topic were we all can agree?
    Its like if porn were the universal language.
    What's the person in your avatar holding?

  4. #104
    Deleted
    This is getting more and more pages fast...

    Honestly, banning porn? It doesn't hurt anybody! Also, I have never ever accidentally stumbled upon a porn site in my life while browsing the web. I assume you don't have to look well for it to find it (not sure though, never did it. Really, why don't you believe me!?), but you won't find it accidentally. So, the protecting children argument is bullshit. Also, I for one wouldn't care if my hubby wanted to watch porn.

    But maybe this is just me, and the public opinion is different?

  5. #105
    Bloodsail Admiral Invictus9001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Somebody needs to broadcast some kind of global seminar for old people on what the internet is and how it works. They need to pick their battles - this isn't Hustler selling magazines in stores - it's not one company and it can't be stopped at the distribution chain. If they want to hunt down kiddy porn, good - find it - find those involved - arrest them all: everyone is on the same page (well, except pedophiles, but their vote is void).

    If music companies have a problem with free distribution of their product - sure, valid problem. What music companies need to recognize though is that the internet is an infinitely better distribution channel than the ancient store-based model they are using. They are trying to sneaker-pimp an electronic product, and ignoring the electronic distribution channel - which is absolutely insane. They have nobody to blame but themselves. It would be like if the only way anybody could eat at a restaurant, is by ordering restaurant food online - and there was no physical restaurants in existence: a physical product only being sold through an electronic medium. Ditto for the film industry obviously

    You can't fight porn on the internet, you may as well declare war on something overwhelming like water on Earth's surface - or something ephemeral like "terror" (lol sorry, had to do it) - or something both overwhelming and ephemeral... like porn on the internet.
    If I were actually anywhere near Vancouver, Canada, I'd have to buy you a drink and shake your hand. So. Much. Win. In. This ^ Post.

    #FlightIsImportant

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    I am sure ISP will have an online tick box if you don't wanna phone them, just like most ISP you can access and amend your account online.

    I am thinking it should be as simple as Account Setting > Preference > Porn On/Off

    This is exactly my point. This petition is leading people to believe that all they need to do is sign up for it and they'll never have to worry about it again. It's not as simple as just checking a box and boom no more porn.

  7. #107
    Legendary! Vizardlorde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Posts
    6,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    What's the person in your avatar holding?
    I think its a cup or a can... dont let your dirty mind see ghosts where there are none
    Ps your avatar has underwear on its head
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    No, I'm serious. I don't think many people would enjoy calling their ISP to opt-in.


    They are not the ones with the problem, so why should do have to do anything about it?
    i would and i'd also go into great detail with the person on the phone as to what genres of porn i find most compelling.

  9. #109
    Merely a Setback JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    27,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    I am sure ISP will have an online tick box if you don't wanna phone them, just like most ISP you can access and amend your account online.

    I am thinking it should be as simple as Account Setting > Preference > Porn On/Off
    As long as it is on by default. To much effort to turn to it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Timmy still can get lunch, it's just not free.

  10. #110
    Stood in the Fire Rob D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oh-hay-yu
    Posts
    385
    You have to wrench porn out of my shrivelled up, sticky right hand before you can take it from me. My wife doesn't mind me wanking off to it, my kids don't know that I'm doing it.
    After all, that's what the internet is for!
    "Reality: The refuge of those who fail in RPGs"
    ~Though this be madness, yet there is method in't~

  11. #111
    If they make porn illegal in Europe I'm afraid America will once again regain its status as #1. Sorry

  12. #112
    Merely a Setback JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    27,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    i would and i'd also go into great detail with the person on the phone as to what genres of porn i find most compelling.
    That would be interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Timmy still can get lunch, it's just not free.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Isn't it sad how this is the only topic were we all can agree?
    Its like if porn were the universal language.
    If we ever are contacted by aliens, perhaps instead of sending them mathimatical expressions to try to communicate, we should send them dick flicks.

  14. #114
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    i would and i'd also go into great detail with the person on the phone as to what genres of porn i find most compelling.
    Made me laugh.

    Why do people make such a problem of those things, though? That person is probably going to get called by people that want to opt-in more often than just once.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    As long as it is on by default. To much effort to turn to it on.
    *immature snicker*
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

  16. #116
    Fluffy Kitten Yvaelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Darnassus
    Posts
    11,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Invictus9001 View Post
    If I were actually anywhere near Vancouver, Canada, I'd have to buy you a drink and shake your hand. So. Much. Win. In. This ^ Post.
    I accept thoughts of beer and virtual handshakes

    *handshake*

    *cheers*!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    If they make porn illegal in Europe I'm afraid America will once again regain its status as #1. Sorry
    The USA has way more narrow minded puritans. They do have the bible belt states, to be precise. If the EU makes porn illegal on the internet, you can bet your ass the US will follow.

  18. #118
    "mommy? can you opt-in to porn? I need my weekly tentacle-insemination fix"

  19. #119
    I think were all forgetting the reasons why the internet was ever created in the first place.

    To share pornography and bitch about movies.

    Therefor, due to polar isotopes, magnets, inertia and Einstein there is no way the porn can ever be removed from the equation.

    MATH RULES!!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    The USA has way more narrow minded puritans. They do have the bible belt states, to be precise. If the EU makes porn illegal on the internet, you can bet your ass the US will follow.
    No they wont your a moron, the whole concept of America is NOT to follow British customs and law.

  20. #120
    The Insane apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    19,388
    Lol, I doubt even a opt out feature would get rid of all the porn. Do you realize how hard it is do to filter out every porn site/picture.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •