Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    WoD seems to offer dark nights, at least on Draenor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    So they are selfentitled because they wanted enjoyable play and you're not for insulting them and acting like it was some attack against you?
    Once again, the vast majority of people get affected negatively due to the complaints of a handful. That's the society we're living in, it's not just this game it's everywhere. A few ruin it for many.

When will society learn you can't ever keep everyone happy and thus it's probably wise to just cater to the majority group? since that pisses off the least amount of people. Least amount of people pissed off = progress imo. But no, political correctness and that kind of shit just ruin it for the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Quenchiest View Post
    The real reason is they got a lot of complaints from people who could only play at night and didn't like that they had to play the game in constant darkness.

I really wish there could be some option though. I preferred when night actually looked like night.
    Yeah I would love this to be an option. They have tried to reintroduce night in Org and SW on 5.4, but they are still not dark enough to actually make it feel like night time. I have noticed they are slowly adding light effects back to lamps and guards that patrol with lanterns/torches, which is a promising thing. Having lights that actually cast light and causes shadows would really bring this game to live some more. Seeing images of the old dark sw with guards patrolling with lanterns and the night ascetics/lighting was amazing compared to now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Once again, the vast majority of people get affected negatively due to the complaints of a handful. That's the society we're living in, it's not just this game it's everywhere. A few ruin it for many.
    Could you go ahead and link a source for the data you have on that ? It seems all MMO-Champion does these days is claim that some minor group of people complain about something and Blizzard stops everything to give them what they want. Every change I don't like, is because of a handful of people crying!

The society you live is, is where people who care enough to say something get results. Are you too scared to say something ? Or are you just a sore loser that you didn't get what you want ? Surely if what you say is true you could present Blizzard with a couple of hundred people wanting a pitch black playing experience and they will obviously give you that because you cried really hard for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobuyuki View Post
    I don't know about you, but if I turn down my gamma in WoW it looks similar to the left picture.
    You could easily turn that around, however: Night should be night, so if players wanted it to not be so dark, why weren't they simply directed to turn their gamma up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Like in Minecraft? No thanks, it has to be realistic.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, but you don't wanna have to keep doing it manually, kinda ruins the immersion.
    That's it! I'm saying it once, I'm saying it with meaning. If you want immersive gameplay, story telling and realism, go play an rpg that facilitates this. Like Skyrim completely modded.

World of Warcraft is not about immersion nor is it about realism.

On topic, I'd like darker nights to make a return, but only if night time meant something other than aesthetic changes, where certain junctions of gameplay actually change in day and night cycles. Otherwise there's really no point other than the aforementioned realism and immersion which we have already covered.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Idk the devs design things for hypothetical whinny players instead of just making the game the best that it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakashima View Post
    You could easily turn that around, however: Night should be night, so if players wanted it to not be so dark, why weren't they simply directed to turn their gamma up?
    it wasnt a two way street.. they were already at max gamma. two different points in time with two different predetermined settings (made by blizzard). we can turn down the gamma now because the base has been increased drastically since the past point in time when people wanted it to be brighter.

we can achieve a less brighter night now, but its still technically bright. but players could not get a brighter night several years ago, since the settings were already maxed.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2013-11-20 at 12:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    Amazing, you know how to turn down all the graphics!

Over the years, blizzard has had increasingly more and more bright ideas, but no dark content to show for it. It seems that the light can only be used in a very specific way, and that the other races attempts just shadow in comparison.

There is so much misinformation in this thread.

Blizzard did not remove dark nights due to "player complaints". It was nothing more than a side effect of improving the game's lighting and shadow system.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    During Cataclysm there was a revamp of the graphics system by adding shadows to the game, which required raising the ambient light in every zone, as the shadows made it too dark. This resulted in the night time having more ambient light than it used to.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/1345

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Blizzard did not remove dark nights due to "player complaints". It was nothing more than a side effect of improving the game's lighting and shadow system.
    Ahhh, come on man! It's much more fun listening to the blowhards claim they know what killed whatever feature they like. It's ALWAYS the handful of players that Blizzard caters too! It's much easier to justify hating those imaginary casual players than to blame Blizzard.

I might be missing something, but where are these pictures you're talking about?

/confused

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    I might be missing something, but where are these pictures you're talking about?

/confused
    I don't see any pictures either o_o

During Cataclysm there was a revamp of the graphics system by adding shadows to the game, which required raising the ambient light in every zone, as the shadows made it too dark. This resulted in the night time having more ambient light than it used to.
    So they are incompetent and fucked up due to being incredibly dumb? This is better? LOL

I don't call ripping out most of the old engines variable functions an improvement. If they added functions that you could adjust ambient light again and a few others a player could get a mod to have nighttime again and everyone else can play under the lights at their local football stadium if they wanted. Gamma only works in fullscreen mode and it doesn't really make the ambient light less bright.

So the old dark scenery...with shadows...became broken when blizzard introduced shadows.....in Cata. And here i was...thinking that games for the last 10 years had solved the day and night system. Im guessing games like Skyrim dont really have day / night cycles, its just that the game turns off shadows so it can simulate nighttime.

No really, their coding team should be replaced by 1st year graduates. If their light system cannot properly project day AND night with their shadow system, what the heck were they coding? Is this like the companies that tether the game speed to the FPS? That is the biggest bogus answer ive heard ever for why night time doesnt work lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post

When will society learn you can't ever keep everyone happy and thus it's probably wise to just cater to the majority group? since that pisses off the least amount of people. Least amount of people pissed off = progress imo. But no, political correctness and that kind of shit just ruin it for the majority.
    How do you know you're not that vocal minority group? I'd wager that the majority group in this debate actually consists of...

people who really don't care either way.

People who want "real" darkness at night combined with people who want it to be light, or at least not very dark, probably both don't even add up together to more than the amount of people who don't give two shits.

You want a good example of a problem with society? You're representing it. Your group is the special group, the one that's being fought against. Your cause is the right cause and you should be given what you want. Everyone is ruining it for you, and if you were to be given what you think is the right choice, everything would be great and wonderful.

You should try thinking from others' perspectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    You should try thinking from others' perspectives.
    That defeats the purpose of the thread; you know that. If everyone could do that there wouldn't be people angry at other people. Imagine the societal chaos when you can't have enemies.

Am I the only one not seeing the pics?