Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Loyalty rewards.

Why doesn't WoW have any and why do you think we should or should not have some.

In times like these where the sub numbers are dropping as fast as the temperature right now and every active subscriber is crucial I think Blizzard should give some incentive to the players who are quickly losing interest in the same old same old.

The only incentive you need as a player to long in or not is the content. I do not believe in "loyalty rewards" and just see them as a cash and grab.
    If you need rewards to help you stay subbed then you're playing the wrong game.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Would never work with the entitlement in todays "community". Whatever they would do to reward long subscribed players, would trigger massive QQ by the people left out.

Final Fantasy offers them and i think they'd be a cool way to incentivize people to sub multiple months. I've been playing for 8 years and i don't think they should do legacy rewards, just offer rewards for new subscriptions. 1 month is a pet, 2 months is a tabard, 3 is a mount 6 is a faction transfer etc, repeating with each patch(new rewards, of course.)

Edit: I'm perpetually subbed, so it's not really much of an incentive for me, but as a business it makes sense to keep people around the whole fiscal quarter.

The wow community as a whole is responsible for that. If blizz were to give a pet, people would cry why it wasnt a mount. If blizz were to give a mount, people would cry why not an epic piece of loot. You get the idea. Nowadays everyone cries for about anything and thats the way it is. People are lazy, impatient, arrogant, greedy and selfish. Its blizzard's game and those who dont like it can keep doing what they do best, hate on everything. On a daily basis there are 10 threads about the same topic and yet someone goes and creates a new one asking the exact same thing. People cried for the past 2 years how they wanted tbc and everything tbc-like, blizzard is trying to cater to them as much as possible and guess what? They keep hating. There is literally no way to make people happy nowadays. Most of you will disagree with what my opinion is on this, but while you are reading, you know you are one of these guys. You can deny it all you want. It is so simple. You pay for a subscription to be able to play. How you play, what you play, when you play is entirely up to you. If you dont like what you get for your money, then dont pay. My 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsjel View Post
    Would never work with the entitlement in todays "community". Whatever they would do to reward long subscribed players, would trigger massive QQ by the people left out.
    Just like how everyone in the past has "quit" over something else. No, it would work out fine. People would rage then quietly re-sub.

Probably because they don't that much about Fidelity themselves.

I'd like to see some, absolutely. It doesn't need to be material in terms of game mechanics, it can be mounts, pets, titles, something flashy I don't care, hell even 1% extra to my chance of getting loot so long as I've had an active account for the previous year. Things like the old days pets for being on during the 4th anniversary are cool and all but they could just as easily be granted to people who've achieved 4 years of account activity instead, that way everything is achievable to new people and an incentive rather than something unobtainable.

Deleted
    It's usually something F2P MMORPGs do

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    It's usually something F2P MMORPGs do
    Pretty much this.
    Butts.

Quote Originally Posted by Leare315 View Post
    Final Fantasy offers them and i think they'd be a cool way to incentivize people to sub multiple months.
    Don't they do that already? I though there is small discount for subbing by multiple months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loyalty rewards are like coupons. They cheapen the experience by giving people incentive to stay and play. If the content is good enough, rewards are not necessary. Look at SWTOR and Cartel Coins each month. People only stay there for the free coins. People PAY to play WoW, and do so in exchange for amazing new content every few months. If you need a reason to stay and play, you might be better suited finding a new game. You should not need EXTRA incentive to play a fun game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsjel View Post
    Pretty much this, the entitlement crowd is getting worse every year.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Don't they do that already? I though there is small discount for subbing by multiple months.
    Guess it's not a good enough incentive.

I'd be all for loyalty rewards such as after x amount of months you get a free recustomization, etc.. I think that would be really cool. I'm really not in support of exclusive rewards, though (such as pets, mounts, etc.). As someone who plays a different mmorpg with loyalty rewards like the latter, but started playing after they were introduced, I'm always behind and it's extremely frustrating.

Rift had that system for a long while before going FTP, it worked out nicely. I honestly think it is something most MMO's should do simply on the fact that it's like a "Thank you for staying subscribed" from the company, imho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Meh, they already sort of do it by reducing the cost if you pay for 3/6 months instead of 1.

I'd rather they spent time on actual content and using content as a reason for people to keep subscribed rather than constantly coming up with vanity items and pets/mounts to throw at people.

I think loyalty rewards would be awesome. They don't need to be anything extravagant, and obviously nothing that affects progression. It would be a nice gesture though.

The wolf mount rewarded from Normal Garrosh only during this expansion is a pretty good incentive for me as an Alliance player. Normally I wouldn't stick around but now I want to push my guild to complete Seige for this reward. After the trailers for Warlords it looks like even better worg mounts will come out though, so meh.

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    Guess it's not a good enough incentive.
    Typical. Always wanting more. It is never enough.

They give better loyalty rewards for players who stopped playing. Scroll of Ressurection free 80 is something I would have loved as a paying player.

Free boost to 90 in Warlords is nice, but too little too late? Everyone I know personally who played WoW has stopped playing and are invested in other MMO's or games now.