Poll: Could you ever do that?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    and dont use addons

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    these things have nothing to do with the original ´wow´ feeling. And you obviously are a newer player if you metnioned acheivements, since they weren´t around back then.

As someone else said, a new expansion is the only thing that brings that back because you don´t know what is over the next hill. You don´t know if that mob is dangerous.

If I do everythign you said, my brain still knows all the maps, all the mobs, spells and talents.. It does nothing to recreate the original wow to do what you said.
    I guess some have classes they havn't played for a very long time.
    Some people may not done the Cataclysm quests on Horde faction or Alliance faction.
    Removing all achievements and all pets, mounts, will give you something to do then.

Perhaps not same feeling you had, at least you have more stuff to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    Not about not enjoying the game.
    It's about the whole generation of heirlooms, XP bonuses, guild perks, just made people forget about the joy of being in the world of Azeroth.
    They just wanna go from 1 to 90 instantly, LFR raid and normal raid and that's yeah.

While putting a new Battle.net + WoW will actually make you start remember how it is, you can't go pick your heirlooms and you have no achievements, so suddenly you have a lot more new goals to obtain!

Like a new beginning
    Just FYI you contradicted your self....
    "Not about not enjoying the game."
    "joy of being in the world of Azeroth."
    Joy = Enjoyment
    Also you are making huge assumptions
    I did not race to 90.
    I took time to explore.
    The people who would experience the "joy of being in the world of Azeroth." already do without a "new beginning"
    When I started I played till around level 45 then quit cause leveling took way to long if I had not needed a distraction from life like 2 months later I wouldn't have come back.
    I agree its a bit too fast now but you know you don't have to roll an new account to level without xp buffs.... just chose not to use them...
    Each to there own. But don't generalize like you are.

- - - Updated - - -

There is tons to do already. There are over 600 pets and hundreds of mounts to collect. Hundreds of achievements, Thousands of quests. Tons of vanity items. Raids, scenarios, dungeons, brawlers guild. When I have done all that MAYBE but by the time i do there will be a new xpack or 3 each with more to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    This wont work for very simple reason , back then when you started it was all about the journey to max lvl, you didnt even know the game basically starts at max lvl with all raids and stuff to do. You cant relive that feeling cuase now you know leveling is pointless and you need to be at lvl cap asap cause theres nothing there for you otherwise, even holiday event bosses, despise it could easly be done to make them available in brackets for leveling chars during event. lower lvl dungeons got guted , simplified to a point you just have to run in basically stright line and collect loot, pvp is a running joke in leveling brackets , especialy if you wanna get there without boa gear...

there are different steps if you wanna relive your first wow felings:

1. run face first against solid wall
    2. hope you get amnesia from the head injury and start with clean memory ^^

Only thing to relive something in WoW, like Classic. You'd actually have to get a 100% classic server from Blizzard. And even then it wouldn't be 100% the same, it would be fun and you would enjoy it almost as much as you did back in those days. But wouldn´t be the same.

I would never give up hundreds of days worth of playtime to start over, months I've spent trying to get specific mounts, achievements and other things. It would all be flushed out the window.

Who would wanna relive MoP on a fresh account. Leaving everything you've worked for behind. MoP would be complete shit. I have all the classes, tons of no longer/rare things. I don't wanna give that up, I'd rather quit.

I think only thing that would make us enjoy WoW like we used to would to get Classic, TBC and WotLK specific servers. Or atleast Classic. They'd be popular, you wouldn't have to leave anything behind. And it would be enjoyable.

Deleted
    But that isn't even close to the feeling. You have all the knowledge you did previously. You go to new zone? Oh, I have to do those quests again and speak to those guys again. Orgrimmar? Oh yeah. AH is there, you can get to flight master from there and Garrosh sits there like he has been for few years, they should really replace him with Vol'jin soon. Oh, I got a level! Oh, it's just [whatever], I've seen it used hundred of thousands of times, I know exactly what it does, how it synergises with other stuff and what cooldown it has. Dark Portal? I can't wait to meet those demons waiting for me outside of the portal.

The only way to relive those feelings is to get memory loss of some sort.
    Last edited by mmoc3c935abe17; 2013-11-20 at 10:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    Perhaps you won't relive that feeling 100%, but at least you'll be playing like the game was new.
    Nope, it won't be new unless you can somehow forget everything you've learned about the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    I could always try walking everywhere and equipping terribly itemized gear without having to spend actual money.

Then again, my 11 90s, Onyxian Drake, 14885 Achievement Points and full sets of heirlooms say fuck off with all that noise.
    Made me lawl a lil bit

Deleted
    I just play private servers, better experience and It doesn't cost anything.

Shame there's no decent 1x levelling Blizzlike TBC server as far as I can see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Where's the "no, this doesn't work because I unfortunately know 90% of the quests by memory" option?
    I wish I could "start over" in my brains as well when I create new character.

I could do everything in the OP´s post and all it would do is prolong levelling, since there´s nothing new to see. I´ve done Loremaster before and after the Shattering and done the vast majority of other random quests, including dungeon ones.

In my opinion there are only two ways to start fresh. Play the faction you don´t normally play, preferably with a class you haven´t played yet. The other would be during a new expansion, if you haven´t spoiled it yet by playing the Beta or watching news sites like a hawk.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Acquire blunt object
    2. Move blunt object into side of head vigorously until long-term memory lose occurs
    3. Seek medical attention as you can no longer remember why you hit yourself in the head
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

This week on Mutual of Azeroth's Wild Kingdom: The Player
    The life cycle of a player is like this (see fig. 1 on this post)
    You start in the "Noob" or "Larval" stage till one day you enter the "Transitional" or "Cocoon" stage, then soon after you ether emerge as a "Player" or you quit playing
    Fig. 1
    ........................Player
    Noob - Cocoon <
    .......................Quitter

Once you become a player you can't go back to being a larva without massive memory loss!

Next Week: The life cycle of The Troll!
    Last edited by MisterMxyzptlk; 2013-11-20 at 10:44 AM. Reason: fixing fig. 1

You'll never relive it. It's a once in a lifetime, you don't get younger and dumber and the internet doesn't get younger and less useful all of a sudden.

It will never be possible to relive that feeling when I started 8-9 years ago due to the fact I now know the ins and outs of the game so nothing is new or a surprise, I'd also never played a rpg back then. I did try not so long ago to start fresh without any bonuses, got to level 6 and dismissed it as utterly boring.

Deleted
    Impossible for me to feel like i did then, never played anything like it and it was epic.

I'll never get that feeling of someone on a mount and going "HOLY SHIT SO COOL"

Or discovering new areas, getting killed by mobs 30 levels higher

Finally get my mount

Going through the dark portal to see this awesome new place with great music and everything.

Seeing a flying mouth while i was leveling and literally going nuts.

Reaching max level for the first time, getting my first raid boss down, my first epic, my first tier set.

I liked being a noob and not knowing anything, everything was new and cool, raiding was more fun when i was bad.

For me i started to get good in wotlk and all of these things i found cool i didn't anymore, If i could go back to TBC i would not, the game has moved on and so i have, but i still have my memories of probably the most fun i've ever had on a game.

1 : the game changed dramatically. Less xp to level, completely redesigned zones and quests. Different rewards. Etc etc etc

2 : the main thing that changed is not the game, but you yourself. The game is not new to you any more, and just resetting your accuount will not make it any newer.

This must be trolling...
    Ecce homo ergo elk

I'm confused. Why would I want to make leveling take MORE time? That's certainly not what kept me playing when I started.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hum, I still like the game very much, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    I'm confused. Why would I want to make leveling take MORE time? That's certainly not what kept me playing when I started.
    While I found leveling tedious at times even in Vanilla. I had a very nice goal... reaching level 60 was pretty much an achievement on its own. And that moment, was very very gratifying. Now it is not gratifying at all when you reach the level cap. Now it is a sigh of relief that you can "finally" start to built on the character.

While I found leveling tedious at times, it was also very much an adventure. Back in Vanilla I wasn't doing dungeons in the order I needed to do them. I did dungeons I liked to do. I and others were let into 5 mans easily if you had a higher level then the normal level when you first entered those, in order to succeed better ofc. Leveling in itself was just a byproduct. I went there to help out and had fun while doing so. Think it took a month of 2 or perhaps 3 for me to reach level cap in Vanilla.