Disc and holy fire

Hey

As a disc priest with Mindbender instead of Solace, should I use holy fire? (except for movement casting instant spells)
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

If you're not using Solace it won't give you mana back - so you'd be using it for healing via Atonement. So use it when you want to do that I assume?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is cheaper than smite and hits harder.

It's better than Smite, so... Yes?

There are only few occasions you shouldn't be hitting that on cd...

I'm just wondering if it would be better to push out more smites to get more penances?
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

Holy Fire's just outright better, even with the 1s reduction on Penance's CD from Smite.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    I'm just wondering if it would be better to push out more smites to get more penances?
    It isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrantWave View Post
    Holy Fire's just outright better, even with the 1s reduction on Penance's CD from Smite.
    It's 0.5s per smite, not 1 second.
    Train of Thought

Deleted
    Yes, you should be using it on CD, or as close to as possible.

Mindbender was actually buffed such that it brings a decent amount more damage ,and the mana return turns out to be about even with PW: Sol assuming 4-5 PW: sol / minute.

Perfect usage of PW: Sol will pull ahead in raw returns. However, Mindbender brings more damage.

Remember that HF and PW: Sol are much stronger than Smite because they're less costly (one is free!), and that the dot can continually trigger ToF. Actively seek out 35-40% health adds and use them as high priority HF/PW: sol targets to assist in ToF uptimes.

The only time I'd rely heavily on Smite to build up AA is during a burn phase where gosh dang it I need it now (which honestly, if you're hitting Hf/Penance on CD, you should only need a few panic-smites) or at the beginning of a fight under Hero, in which you can get AA up very quickly with hf, penance, smite smite smite.

Deleted
    Mindbender helps more than PW: Solace

Deleted
    You should definatively use HF. It's an instant cast, decent size, very mana effective heal that procs Evangelism.

And on top of that, you deal some damage too. What's not to love about this spell? :P
    Last edited by mmoc1b009d603f; 2013-11-22 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gogit View Post
    Mindbender helps more than PW: Solace
    This is not a discussion about which talent is best, but if he should cast HF/PW:Sol or not

Which he should
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Yes, holy fire on cd when atoning. Also a good global to use during movement.