Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Then don't, however the option is readily available - You don't NEED more slots to play Alliance
    Reading is hard. I said I wanted to play horde as I already have every class on alliance. Don't bitch about something that doesn't affect you. If you want to faction change, go ahead and pay obscene amounts of money for it. Don't want to make more alts? Then don't.

If you need 50 character slots... You might have a problem, man. Get help.

Just introduce one more when a new race/class becomes available.

Since connected realms are effectively one server, isn't it the same thing? As long as at least every bunch of connected realms is 5 servers or more, you have more slots than you can have characters per account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Maybe for a casual player. I've got 44 alts as of this moments.
    I have A LOT of alts. That said, if I want to make a new character of a class I already have, I'll do it on a new server.

(Though as of yesterday I can just do it on a clustered server.)
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    11 is enough.
    I have 11 90 characters on one realm, I want twink alts

Although, I find 50 a little extreme per realm. I can agree on the fact that it could be update to hold at least 15 or so.

I imagine it's one of those "not a problem until it's a problem" type deals. Originally it had to do with server capacity but servers have long since been replaced and restructured numerous times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    So, with the addition of Connected Realms, 4 realms were connected to mine. I now have 55 character slots on that connected realm. You can only have 50 characters at a time. Why should other realms be limited? What point is there, now, to limit the maximum amount of character slots on a single realm?
    Not sure what your point is. You still only have 11 per Realm which is where any limitation comes in, they didn't up the limit to 55/50. The fact you have access to all of them in one "connected" realm doesn't really change any of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I don't know about -50-, 11 certainly isn't enough for me, especially since I'm -not- on a connected realm (and many people are not, and will not be).

What does 11 get you? 10/11 classes, and a bank alt. We all have bank alts, so... that's not helpful really.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    While I don't know about -50-, 11 certainly isn't enough for me, especially since I'm -not- on a connected realm (and many people are not, and will not be).

What does 11 get you? 10/11 classes, and a bank alt. We all have bank alts, so... that's not helpful really.
    In my case, it's mostly that I *can't* have either bank alts or twinks, or anything else I might want. I have every class at high level, and I'd like 2-3 more (not high/max level), at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Reading is hard. I said I wanted to play horde as I already have every class on alliance. Don't bitch about something that doesn't affect you. If you want to faction change, go ahead and pay obscene amounts of money for it. Don't want to make more alts? Then don't.
    Until there's a need there's nothing to fix. As I said expect a payed service for extra slots... Also who's bitching? Not I

Quote Originally Posted by Exileos View Post
    Server bandwidth and developer time
    We already got a 50 characters total limit, why not just remove the 11 per server and keep the 50 total?
    Bandwidth should really not be a problem as people only play one character at once, and loading name, class, race and level should really not be a lot of traffic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    Not sure what your point is. You still only have 11 per Realm which is where any limitation comes in, they didn't up the limit to 55/50. The fact you have access to all of them in one "connected" realm doesn't really change any of this.
    It gives people on connected realms an opportunity to play more characters without having to start from nothing on another server
    How many reasons do you guys have to not allow people to have all their 50 characters on a single server?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Isnt it fine now? You can have 11 characters and if you need more on one realm, you just can start on a connected realm.
    Yes, the "reroll on another server/transfer to another server", of course somebody had to bring that
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    11 is enough.
    I wanted to argue but after thinking about it, yes it is. I wouldnt want the cap to be 50 either. Back in cata I leveled 10 characters to 77, I think to get the highest level alchemy skill with transmute master. 10-50 truegold daily was pretty intense and made me rich quickly:P 50 characters and daily CDs could provide some people (especially those who level with bots) an unfair advantage and would also ruin the economy.

11 is enough.
    nope i want at least 25 11 horde 11 alliance and some bankers.

You're barely able to play 3 character well at the same time, what the hell is the point in having 11? Not even going to acknowledge 50..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    You're barely able to play 3 character well at the same time, what the hell is the point in having 11? Not even going to acknowledge 50..
    Speak for yourself.

Do you delete a character when you make a new one?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    It gives people on connected realms an opportunity to play more characters without having to start from nothing on another server
    How many reasons do you guys have to not allow people to have all their 50 characters on a single server?
    I don't have any reasons at all. I do have an educated opinion as to why Blizzard might have one but this is irrelevant to my earlier post.

My post didn't address their reasons, it queried the flawed logic used. The new feature doesn't give you 55/50 character slots on the same realm, it virtually merged the realms that resulted in your having the "same as" 55/50 slots on one Realm. If CHARa is on Realm 1 and CHARb is on Realm 2, and both Realms are connected, each character is still on their respective Realms but they can see each other. Feel free to log into each respective account and Realm and see how the other characters are not there.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    22 and increase it every time they add a new class and/or race

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Jeez...55 chars...

You probably are the tiny tiny minority that just will have to suck it up.
    This unfortunately. I have no idea how you could amount that many characters o_o...

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //