Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Jesus, does anything make people happy??!

I'm happy to see this. I'm glad to be able to mail them ahead of time if I choose to. The playerbase has been desiring this for years and when it's finally here, everyone wants to grab a pitchfork. Ridiculous. This community is disgustingly toxic.
    Blizzard decides to implement a version of a new awesome feature coming in WoD ahead of time, gets accused of waiting to make a profit.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I definitely saw this thread coming. No sarcasm there.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Link definitive proof please.
    Create a new WoW account under your Battle.Net account.

Upgrade to WoD, which all new copies will have a free character boost to 90.

Transfer character from this new WoW account to your main WoW account.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    I think that his point is that they could have done this all along.
    Paging Doctor Occam

"Among competing hypotheses, the hypothesis with the fewest assumptions should be selected"

I'm sure the implementation of Connected Realms and the fundemental changes to the way Realms are networked had nothing to do with them overcoming the hardware limitation of not being able to connect Realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    I don;t see why Blizzard give us anything...people just whine every time they give us things we ask for.
    money my friend.. money

Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    Honestly, I think they could have done it for a LONG time, but it just has been too good source of income to them.
    How are heirlooms a source of income? You buy them for justice/honour points?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emidas View Post

That would be incredibly expensive for a single character. $20 for the Battle Chest, $40 for MoP (unless the price gets cut), $40 for WoD, $25 for a transfer. Even if you got the $5 Battle Chest deal and MoP's price gets cut in half, that's still $90 for a single level 90.

Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    How are heirlooms a source of income? You buy them for justice/honour points?
    They're talking about $25 server transfers to get the heirlooms from one realm to another.

I just don't get it; so many people have these "Theories" about Blizzard. They are a company, their number one goal is to make a profit, if it's no longer as profitable they might be doing it for free now. If you didn't like it, then don't use it. I haven't enjoyed WoW, I don't pay for it. I will when WoD come out... it's almost like I have a choice where I spend my money or something.

Heirlooms. Items which are bound to your account (and current server).

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    This forum is oddly very critical of Blizzard. Much more then the official forums *DEAR GODS*. Sorry but I'll side with the Super Saiyan mod.

That is because on the official forums your post will get "missplaced" if it is too far from the company line.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Because it's always been account bound.

And they were looking at adding in Heirloom tab with mounts and pets but they couldn't work it out in time. Not to pick on you specifically but do you people think they just snap their fingers and things happen? Or that they should drop everything to work on a single problem?
    Account Bound or Account+Server Bound... I remember the latter.

No, but I think it's ridiculous for them to consider adding things like Battle pets of all things, when there are problems that people have been asking about for two expansions. Basically, they could have put their limited resources in better places.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    They're talking about $25 server transfers to get the heirlooms from one realm to another.
    They dont realize itd be cheaper to just buy a new account to raf their current one with and multibox? Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    That is because on the official forums your post will get "missplaced" if it is too far from the company line.
    That's strange because I've seen plenty of very critical threads on the official forums. They're usually fairly constructive though, or at least not rage posts.

Quote Originally Posted by emidas View Post

If you're willing to pay 40 bucks multiple times just to save 2 days of leveling, you're asking for it. No sympathies here.

Now that Blizzard is making the heirlooms truly xrealms, is it not odd, that suddenly they have the tech to do it In-Game, via the mail tool?

Honestly, I think they could have done it for a LONG time, but it just has been too good source of income to them.

"In the latest 5.4.2 PTR build, we are testing the new ability to mail account-bound items to other characters on your account that may be on different servers. Notably, this should allow you to move heirlooms between servers, in advance of our planned Warlords changes that will make them fully account-wide.

Sending this sort of mail should work like any cross-server communication: You send the item to "Playername-Servername" and it should otherwise work like regular mail. Note that you can only send account-bound items, and not other items or gold.

Example: I have a character, Thrall, on the Benedictus server. I want to send my heirloom mace to my alt, Durotan, on the Lycanthoth server. I'd log in as Thrall, and attach the mace to a mail addressed to "Durotan-Lycanthoth" and hit send."
    Given that X-Realm mail already exists thanks to connected realms, I would imagine that implementing this was pretty much a matter of locking it down to your own account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that Blizzard is making the heirlooms truly xrealms, is it not odd, that suddenly they have the tech to do it In-Game, via the mail tool?

"In the latest 5.4.2 PTR build, we are testing the new ability to mail account-bound items to other characters on your account that may be on different servers. Notably, this should allow you to move heirlooms between servers, in advance of our planned Warlords changes that will make them fully account-wide.

Sending this sort of mail should work like any cross-server communication: You send the item to "Playername-Servername" and it should otherwise work like regular mail. Note that you can only send account-bound items, and not other items or gold.

Example: I have a character, Thrall, on the Benedictus server. I want to send my heirloom mace to my alt, Durotan, on the Lycanthoth server. I'd log in as Thrall, and attach the mace to a mail addressed to "Durotan-Lycanthoth" and hit send."
    It must be depressing to have such an ass-backwards thought process.

"My parents finally got me that pony I wanted for Christmas... wait a second, I bet they're planning to kill me and are using the pony to distract me from their malicious intentions!! WTF!!!!"

I mean, do you honestly NOT realize how whiny and convoluted your post sounds?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see your point to be honest. Why implement it at all, if transfer money was the reason behind not making it happen?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not really a big mystery that cross-realm mailing has everything to do with all of the cross-realm technology installed in the game. So those who in their imaginations believe that this could have been done all along are very likely mistaken. And those who believe that they put it off for revenue reasons haven't come up with a decent rationale as to why they're doing this now. If it was so profitable and Blizzard was so greedy then it follows that they wouldn't bother with it at all.

Blizzard prioritizes their projects to suit themselves and there's a concept called critical chain where X and Y have to happen before you can do Z easily. This is likely part of that and while it may be news to some of you I don't think that cross-realm mailing of BOA's/Heirlooms is something that average players think about on a daily basis. Some do but I suspect that it's not a top-of-the-list concern for most others. Therefore it's not terribly surprising that Blizzard didn't drop everything to kowtow to that particular group of people.

It's like many other forum fallacies in which people believe that making a lot of noise about something is the same thing as demonstrating wide and broad-based support for the same thing. Not that common sense makes any difference at all to people who push their own agendas to the exclusion of everything else. It clearly doesn't. The nice thing about that though is that small groups of people pushing agendas are pretty easy to discount in the general scheme of things.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."