Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Most Profitable Raids / Dungeons to Solo

Hi guys,

I have so far mainly made my gold through professions and dailies, but having a DK capable of soloing most pre MoP raids, I am curious which ones you think are most profitable and why?

Thanks,
    Vald

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I support this question
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    I don't know any one that really makes a good profit but if you go and do some pre mop dungs/raids and find out yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by hollie View Post
    I don't know any one that really makes a good profit but if you go and do some pre mop dungs/raids and find out yourself.
    Aye, this is something I will be doing, but in the interest of time I was hoping to get some advice from people who have already done the work.

I would say Firelands is pretty profitable, if ur lucky with trash and drops from bosses. you can get some nice Xmog items to sell on AH. Ive done this a few times and I've roughly earned 15k on like 2 runs. some items are harder to sell then others

Quote Originally Posted by Valdhammer View Post
    Hi guys,

I have so far mainly made my gold through professions and dailies, but having a DK capable of soloing most pre MoP raids, I am curious which ones you think are most profitable and why?

Thanks,
    Vald
    If you're just looking for something profitable to farm, I would suggest getting Pots of Luck and farming monkeys on the island south of Karasong Wilds. Unless you're just wanting to solo dungeons/raids, in which case I'm not sure, but I do know they won't be as profitable of a "farm" as the monkeys/pot of luck.

I did it just long enough to get a bank roll to start playing the AH.

There is a blog about this type of stuff called Kuja's Gold Mine. Google it, he breaks down the benefits for almost every instance, including raids.

Thanks for the input, guys

Depending on your local AH battle pets from old raids (MC, BWL, SSC etc) might be the only option.
    You could try farming the old BoE rare (transmog) drops at .000004% but thats hardly worth the effort.
    Farming for pure gold/vendor worth has been killed a while ago.

Deleted
    im doing solo runs in Naxx, ToC, OS, OL, BT, SWP and some dungeons. Just vendoring the items and getting about 10k after all those runs. not much but its easy money in short time.

Quote Originally Posted by gogit View Post
    im doing solo runs in Naxx, ToC, OS, OL, BT, SWP and some dungeons. Just vendoring the items and getting about 10k after all those runs. not much but its easy money in short time.
    That's good to hear. I'm not looking to get gold capped or anything. Just exploring less mind numbing ways of making gold. Raids / dungeons have the added benefit of having something rare and unexpected drop, which makes the grind more interesting for me. You also don't have to worry about someone else being in there competing with you as is the case with a lot of the potion of luck locations. I'm Alliance on Proudmoore, so there are TONS of people on all the time.

Deleted
    You can try doing the Burning Crusade raids. I run them all every week on my main. Lots of greens = enchanting mats (BC ones are expensive), a lot of cloth (Ntherweave bags!), Transmog greens, and also a few hundred gold from things you sell (don't DE epic items from bosses - void crystals are very cheap - sell the items you don't need).

As for dungeons, I would have to say WotLK ones, for the exact same reasons as above (mainly the ones in Icecrown - but any will do)

Deleted
    You could also do mount selling runs from sarth 3d

In the short run? I'd guess clearing the ICC 5 mans for Quel Dellar (to sell the quest item obviously). In the long run? Try going ICC25 to get the legendary, the box that drops from LK contains items worth a fortune.

SSC is a good place to solo. I sold my last Strider battle-pet off Lady Vashj for 20k. Its drop rate isn't fantastic. I get a pet every 4-5 runs.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Edc View Post
    In the short run? I'd guess clearing the ICC 5 mans for Quel Dellar (to sell the quest item obviously). In the long run? Try going ICC25 to get the legendary, the box that drops from LK contains items worth a fortune.
    Not really; with all the extra people working on Shadowmourne a typical chest value is ~200k. Not really worth it for the time investment.

I used to make decent gold, not amazing by any stretch, but good, from doing Cata heroics/regs and selling the BoE blues. On my server they are still 50-100g per and I averaged 4-5 per run, which took at most 10 minutes (demo lock aoeing stuff down with felguard storming). Also being an enchanter I could get teh cata enchanting mats. Also if you do Cata dungeons, use a treasure finding potion. They cost next to nothing and volatiles seem to still sell for semi-decent prices, the cloth is AMAZING (make bags for more cash using the Hypnotic Dust you DE'ed from stuff).

In an hour you can make a few thousand IF your real lucky, just pick one with lot's of trash or a mount drop you stil;l havn't got and go nuts.

Also Firelads can still make you loas if you just kill trash then reset, but not all classes can do it easily.

Id have to be pretty bored but ZF is nice. Used to get a ton of mageweave and turn it into nether essence. That was a pinch point for the enchanters leveling up.

Not too bad for the greens for xmog either.

Yeah, I make some decent gold nothing worth while by running reg blackrock caverns and throne of the tides, and the green pre 80 items sell fast and usually between 150-400g a piece and in one run (10min) can get about 5 or 6 pieces...so usually in 3 or 4 runs which is maybe 45 min or so, I can get 4 or 5k, like I said not big money but its decent if you spent a day doing it, but not flooding the AH with everything you could make decent gold

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elorii View Post
    There is a blog about this type of stuff called Kuja's Gold Mine. Google it, he breaks down the benefits for almost every instance, including raids.
    Great site! I need to farm rep with some factions, might as well make some money at the same time