Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The well known leak vs reality

A lot of topics regarding the possible end-boss of expansion have sprouted on mmochampion recently, however I did nto notice a one comparing the information leaked in well-known post 2 days before trademark registration with what we were told at BlizzCon. Cause, as you might have noticed, few things were leaked:

1) The expansion's name is Warlords of Draenor (confirmed at BlizzCon)
    2) The expansion would involve time travel (confirmed at BlizzCon - Garrosh goes back in time)
    3) The special gift would be Elite Tauren Chieftain Hearthstone card (confirmed at BlizzCon)
    4) The main antagonist would be Grom (wait, wut?)

The point is, all information BUT one was confirmed at BlizzCon. What we were told was "Calm down, endboss won't be a warlord". Okay...

But WEREN'T we ALSO told that THERE WAS NO SEVENTH SHA?

Is it possible that Blizzard is misleading us AGAIN?

Cause, you know:

1) Blizzard already told us something that turned out false.
    2) The leak was 100% right in everything but that one thing.

So, what do you think? Discuss.

When did they state there was no seventh Sha?

10+ Year Old Account
    this has been discussed to death and then some

They wouldn't pin us against Garrosh again, that'd be foolish. Most he'll get is a Kael'thas style lolmoment. It's also been referenced that we'll all enjoy seeing what happens to him, which implies more of a cut-scene NPCs dealing with him deal than anything else.

"Main antagonist" isn't the same as "endboss," necessarily. For example, Illidan was the main antagonist of BC, but Kil'Jaeden was the endboss. Both the leak and Blizzard could be accurate.

To be honest, there could be one more sha. The Sha of Madness.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga
    When did they state there was no seventh Sha?
    "The seven heads of Y'Shaarj breathed out the ... Seven Burdens, although that was from an early draft of the story, we really only see six sha in the game ... which have to do with the Burdens of Shaohao." - Dave Kosak
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur
    For example, Illidan was the main antagonist of BC, but Kil'Jaeden was the endboss. Both the leak and Blizzard could be accurate.
    Actually, Illidan was SUPPOSED to be endboss. They added Kiljaeden only because the expansion turned out too short.

Haven't we had 7 already? Anger (kun'lai), Fear (terrace), Doubt (jade serpent), Despair (karasang quest), Hatred (townlong quest), Pride (siege), Violence (shado-pan monastery).
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

I'm pretty sure they were honest about there being a seventh sha.

But I don't think the final raidboss will be Grom, they didn't say he wouldn't be a raidboss at all though. I think it would be kinda lame to have 2 expansions in a row that have Orcs and more to the point, very similar Orcs, as final bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Actually, Illidan was SUPPOSED to be endboss. They added Kiljaeden only because the expansion turned out too short.
    That's kind of irrelevant- they fit Sunwell and Kil'Jaeden into the story and the expansion in such a way that they successfully made him feel like the endboss without having been the main antagonist. That's the point- they've done it before.

Deleted
    Sha of Solitude, leave him be.

The last boss will be Illidan, Reborn. Called it.

Seriously though, I have no clue. Grom seems unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    The last boss will be Illidan, Reborn. Called it.

Seriously though, I have no clue. Grom seems unlikely.
    Illidan would still be in jail at that particular time. So no. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Kael'Thas tells us that his master is coming after you beat him. Since Tier 4 and 5 were available at launch we knew since the beginning of BC that KJ was coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    Illidan would still be in jail at that particular time. So no. :P
    Plot twist?

I think its going to be some demon guy IMO, I agree with Luci. It's probably Kil'Jaeden (I think I spelled that wrong.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Highly unlikely. There's no way Blizzard would give us basically the same end boss two expansions in a row.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    "Main antagonist" isn't the same as "endboss," necessarily. For example, Illidan was the main antagonist of BC, but Kil'Jaeden was the endboss. Both the leak and Blizzard could be accurate.
    Yeah, I think the same applies to WoD. Grom would be the main antagonist, but some Burning Legion dude (or other behind the scenes villain) would be the final boss.

Quote Originally Posted by lucizanito View Post
    Kael'Thas tells us that his master is coming after you beat him. Since Tier 4 and 5 were available at launch we knew since the beginning of BC that KJ was coming.
    Kael'thas Sunstrider yells: Lay down your arms and succumb to the might of Kil'jaeden!

While I agree, they could have just had that in there for flavor. I mean, when a villain with a master dies, they'll probably shout "Blah blah will come for you!" just because they...usually do, or want them too even if they're a pawn who a bigger guy doesn't care about. But yeah, definitely planned.

Plot Twist: Garrosh goes further back in time to when the Aspects were just Protodrakes about to fight Galakrond. He tries to help Galakrond. We have to go back in time to kill Galakrond. Why? No reason...

Plot Twist: Draenor actually has Qiraji on it too via an interplanetary spore; a huge unknown colony exists underground (which would have rose to power if not for the catastrophic tearing event via portals that destroyed them all), and we have to stop them at the source before they too decide to invade Azeroth. They are smarter than what we know from Ahn'Qiraj and what is on Azeroth, more technologically advanced, and serve an unknown entity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plot Twist: Neilas Aran cast a spell before he died that enchanted the Dark Portal. It's all been an illusion, Draenor doesn't exist, Medivh just fell for it all.

Plot Twist: The Burning Legion is just an illusion made by N'Zoth. All actions that have happened on Azeroth have only been in Yogg'Saron's mind.

What likely happened is that the leakers knew that Grom was leading the Iron Horde, which would be the main force we fight at least at the beginning of this expansion. The guy who posted those leaks here was (probably) German, and did what he could to convey the info he received.

The point is, I wouldn't get too caught up with stuff like this. It's not like the leakers had Metzen's WoD cheat sheet. They probably just knew the contents of the release trailer and some other things.

I do remember them (I think it was Kosak) saying that the 7 heads but 6 Sha thing was a quest/lore text mess-up early on in the expansion. That mistake most likely occurred because they largely borrowed the same story from Diablo with how the Evils were spawned, in which the 7 Evils (Diablo, Andariel, etc.) came from the heads of some ultimate evil thing (note that the reddish-colored Sha of Fear was the last boss among all the Sha ). They were able to salvage that to make up another Sha.
    Last edited by DetectiveJohnKimble; 2013-11-20 at 08:09 PM.

Remember new Horde Warchief,

everyone said it would be Vol Jin

Then Blizz said, It will be someone you don't expect

Wait lol, It's Vol'Jin

So yeah .... one of the warlord it will be