Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    So is housing strictly for Free Companies and individual thing or both? I've been a bit confused by all of this ( and my brain is only half working due to my work schedule lately)
    The current housing is for Free Companies only. Personal Housing is planned for patch 2.3.

Seeing every ranged DPS class taking a dps hit is kinda saddening, but expected. BLM/SMN/BRD losing ~10% or so, with MNKs already being the highest sustained and getting buffs means it'll be more rewarding to have/play a melee. I'm still not completely sold on DRG, but BRD will always have a slot with a double caster backline (Foe Req is still strong).
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

That's a lot of content. Guess I'll finish leveling Monk after all.

Sorry to break it to you Lyese. But unless there is a fix on Foe Requiem in 2.1, as of now it is useless and only buffs Unaspected Damage (Holy, Miasma, Ruin. Scathe). Overall Bard got the worst hit, BLM still stays much the same while Summoner took a hit for losing Thunder.

I had an idea that Rain of Death will be nerfed since you can't have 2x -10% damage debuff on a target which will pretty much trivializing encounters. Paladin had -10% STR, Monk has -10% Int. I was hoping more of -10% Determination while bard still kept their situation call Rain of Death, cause normally you wouldn't keep it with 100% up time due to TP constrains
    Last edited by SnorlaxJeng; 2013-12-16 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxJeng View Post
    Sorry to break it to you Lyese. But unless there is a fix on Foe Requiem in 2.1, as of now it is useless and only buffs Unaspected Damage (Holy, Miasma, Ruin. Scathe). Overall Bard got the worst hit, BLM still stays much the same while Summoner took a hit for losing Thunder.

I had an idea that Rain of Death will be nerfed since you can't have 2x -10% damage debuff on a target which will pretty much trivializing encounters. Paladin had -10% STR, Monk has -10% Int. I was hoping more of -10% Determination while bard still kept their situation call Rain of Death, cause normally you wouldn't keep it with 100% up time due to TP constrains
    Bug as a result of the patch, or intentional nerf? Any source or info would be appreciated, as that really impacts group comp. Giving a 20% dmg boost to 2 casters on command, and 10% otherwise is huge, and losing that would really hurt BRD.

EDIT: RoD likely got nerfed with Storm's....Eye? Path? reducing boss damage. Antibody was straight up Virus cycle nerf, and is probably only going to impact groups that are trying to clear Turn 4 or groups starting Twintania. Groups that have already downed her shouldn't feel the sting as bad.

SUPER EDIT: Information about accessories dropped has been released. See: http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...from_patch_21/
    Last edited by Lyese; 2013-12-16 at 05:31 AM.

The tooltip for Foe Requiem has been outdated since beta. It's been proven to buff aspected damage forever now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarinolde View Post
    The tooltip for Foe Requiem has been outdated since beta. It's been proven to buff aspected damage forever now.
    I knew that, along with various other tooltips being outdated like MNK's Fists. I was just unaware if something new came up in 2.1 about Foe Req and wanted to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    I knew that, along with various other tooltips being outdated like MNK's Fists. I was just unaware if something new came up in 2.1 about Foe Req and wanted to make sure.
    Nah, nothings changed.

Virus rotation nerf has more impact on Twintania for those who are attempting it with lesser gear. My group tried to do Twintania with iLvl 70-75 gear (4 Virus), it was hard but we managed to get to last phase before all went south. Using Neurolink for every Death Sentence, 2 pet, OT and Fireball for sharing. Basically, the Dreadknight part was tight almost always requiring slow effect on top of triple Paladin Stun.

We failed due to not meeting the 13 minutes timer. Potions was used for Phase 2 and Last phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    BLM/SMN/BRD losing ~10% or so
    All BLM losing is damage from Blizzard 2 when we AoE, does not affect single target at all. Even for AoE, they buffed Freeze to do same damage as Blizz 2 at the moment, reduced cast time to 3 sec, and cost a little more mana (especially during Astral Fire it only cost a bit more), so the loss is minimal. SMN I rather happy with losing Thunder so 1 less dot to track for the QoL, and nice to have a spammable AoE on trash altho unlike BLM, SMN may not have the sustainable mana for it

Though I do not main a BLM, I don't see Blizzard 2 as a nerf to BLM toolkit. In turn 4, I never see my BLM use Blizzard 2 much at all. It's the standard B3>F3>F2>F2>QC-FL>Cv>FL>Tr>B3/B2>F3>F2>F2>Fl>Tr sort of combo, and logically thinking since I do have a Lvl 45 BLM that would be the logical way to AoE.

Losing Thunder 1 is by no means a QoL change... tracking DoTs isn't hard. DoT with the lowest timer = next cast if it's remaining time is under 2 seconds prepare for it at around 3-4 seconds time.

Also Lodestone has released the Direwolf gear and I pretty much mapped out what are the gear I want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxJeng View Post
    Though I do not main a BLM, I don't see Blizzard 2 as a nerf to BLM toolkit. In turn 4, I never see my BLM use Blizzard 2 much at all. It's the standard B3>F3>F2>F2>QC-FL>Cv>FL>Tr>B3/B2>F3>F2>F2>Fl You would Trans then Bliz3 or 2x Blizz 2 after this>Tr sort of combo, and logically thinking since I do have a Lvl 45 BLM that would be the logical way to AoE.
    You mostly use it in Wave 1 and 4, use it after you have double Flare. You can use a Blizz 3 then back to Fire 3 then Fire 2s, or 2x Blizz 2 then Fire 3 then Blizz 2s.

I personally use Blizz 2 x2 to get Umbral Ice 3 after Transpose on wave 1 and 4, but to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    All BLM losing is damage from Blizzard 2 when we AoE, does not affect single target at all. Even for AoE, they buffed Freeze to do same damage as Blizz 2 at the moment, reduced cast time to 3 sec, and cost a little more mana (especially during Astral Fire it only cost a bit more), so the loss is minimal. SMN I rather happy with losing Thunder so 1 less dot to track for the QoL, and nice to have a spammable AoE on trash altho unlike BLM, SMN may not have the sustainable mana for it
    Our BLMs had cooked up a multi Flare spam technique involving gaming Umbral Ice ticks. When they were first using it, we had to stack both Ballad and Requiem to pull it off, but they got it to just Requiem. I don't play BLM so I don't know specifics, but I do know they chained at minimum 3 Flares pre fix. I don't know if Flare is used in ST, but it's still a dps loss on aoe.

Losing Thunder is a huge contributor for dps. On my WHM, I parsed about 230 dps with Thunder making up about 40-50 dps. I can imagine how much better it would be for Summoner with Contagion.

If anyone is curious about weapon comparisons: http://m.imgur.com/2lLuHbZ (Thanks, Reddit)

Losing Thunder is a huge contributor for dps. On my WHM, I parsed about 230 dps with Thunder making up about 40-50 dps. I can imagine how much better it would be for Summoner with Contagion.
    As strong as summoners are looking in PvP I am thinking this change is now due to PvP reasons. Double SMN teams are a nightmare, with Raging Strikes up if one has free reign to get their dots down its over. I cant imagine what it would be like with Thunder in that mix as well. LOL.

I miss having this on my healers as well, takes some of the flare out of the dps rotation during the boring times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    As strong as summoners are looking in PvP I am thinking this change is now due to PvP reasons. Double SMN teams are a nightmare, with Raging Strikes up if one has free reign to get their dots down its over. I cant imagine what it would be like with Thunder in that mix as well. LOL.

I miss having this on my healers as well, takes some of the flare out of the dps rotation during the boring times.
    Not only in PvP.

Some people on official forum already posted, SMN is probably the strongest dps in Coil T5, above everyone else, this nerf may also bring them more in line with other classes in terms of total dps output.