Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

The Draenei might be from an alternate reality

From the newest "Know your lore" article

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/11/20/kn...gun/#continued

The draenei 'nether-ship' you've been hearing about is far more than it seems. It's part of a larger dimension-traveling fortress called Tempest Keep that essentially teleports through alternate realities.
    - Chris Metzen
    So if Tempest Keep was able to travel through alternate realities, it's not far-fetched to assume that the Naaru and the Draenei, and therefore the Eredar, are actually from an alternate reality. And if the Burning Legion followed them all these thousands of years, they might be, too.

Really?
    You'd think they would be able to plug themselves but the stream of bullshit seems to be never-ending at Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post

So if Tempest Keep was able to travel through alternate realities, it's not far-fetched to assume that the Naaru and the Draenei, and therefore the Eredar, are actually from an alternate reality. And if the Burning Legion followed them all these thousands of years, they might be, too.
    Sounds like a needlessly complicated plot line to me.

Interesting, although that could imply that somewhere out there there's Argus with Kil'Jaedan/Archimonde/Velen all sat there in charge none the wiser as to who the burning legion are.

Although I guess if the legion traveled cross dimension their first port of call might be killing the denizens of Argus.

I think it's a bit far fetched, I don't see blizzard delving TOO deep into "different dimensions, copies of characters", and think it's mainly being pushed as a gimmick to do a Draenor expac

Deleted
    Maybe that is why Kairoz is sending Garrosh back to the Draenor of the past. Because that is where the Draenei, simply by travelling there, altered our original timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Sounds like a needlessly complicated plot line to me.
    Know Your Lore isn't an editorial about the Warcraft story so much as it is an ongoing piece of fan-fiction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlikely. The Burning Legion is well known in the reality that Azeroth is in and is pretty much stated that it is the reality they originated in the context of Azeroth's reality(meaning they may or may not exist in alternate realities e.g. WoD's Draenor) due to the titans (without the ability to cross dimensions and seemingly) existing only in this universe and Sargeras being their progenitor and obsessed with the destruction of Azeroth. Plus the fact that some of the events that apparently happened/ing prior WoD seem similar to lore events past (e.g. Kil'jaedan wanting control of that Draenor) suggests that the legion can't cross realities. Additionally it makes little to no fucking sense why the Draenei would crash land on some random planet rather than just flipping through various dimensions till they were safe and even less the fact they had/have spaceships and the fact that the Eredar would pretty much have the same tech and have not played fucking space invaders minus the defender with Azeroth yet.

In closing...
    WoW Lore it only works how Metzen wants it to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Unlikely. The Burning Legion is well known in the reality that Azeroth is in and is pretty much stated that it is the reality they originated in the context of Azeroth's reality(meaning they may or may not exist in alternate realities e.g. WoD's Draenor) due to the titans (without the ability to cross dimensions and seemingly) existing only in this universe and Sargeras being their progenitor and obsessed with the destruction of Azeroth. Plus the fact that some of the events that apparently happened/ing prior WoD seem similar to lore events past (e.g. Kil'jaedan wanting control of that Draenor) suggests that the legion can't cross realities. Additionally it makes little to no fucking sense why the Draenei would crash land on some random planet rather than just flipping through various dimensions till they were safe and even less the fact they had/have spaceships and the fact that the Eredar would pretty much have the same tech and have not played fucking space invaders minus the defender with Azeroth yet.

In closing...
    But maybe the Legion that chased the Draenei is not our Legion... maybe our Sargeras is still sleeping.

But maybe the Legion that chased the Draenei is not our Legion... maybe our Sargeras is still sleeping.
    Or our Sargeras is a good guy never corrupted.

This is why i'm not a fan of over use of time travel and multiple dimensions, it really makes characters and the story lose their uniqueness and epicness.

I find WoD acceptable BECAUSE it's not a time travel story, it's just a vehicle to tell the story of Draenor, if Blizzard went full crazy and started doing full on time travel stories (outside instances), i'd probably end up quitting tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ff- Honestly? Then WoW has the worse fucking writers ever as everything we do or attempt doesn't really matter as Blizzard is pretty much the GM who's perfectly positioned to say Rocks fall, everybody dies at the tip of a hat by loading bullshit like this into the story and being able to use it. Seriously there enough trouble defending against Archimonde and his forces in WC3 but bring in alternate reality space ship flying legion and its pretty much a fuck you to everyone who is playing. Of course that's ignoring the fact and flaw as to why Sargeras is focusing so much on our Azeroth when he should be more concerned with the one from his own dimension (or any others that he has been to) than ours.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as good Blizzard is I doubt they would go this far.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

People do realize that this quote is from 2006, don't they?

Again. 2006.

Deleted
    These articles are fun to read, but they're always too farfetched to be true. Heck, I think they put way more time into coming up with these theories than Blizzard takes time to come up with the actual stories.

Also, I don't think Blizzard wants us to come up with all these wild theories. They did say this wasn't an expansion about time travel (or dimension travel as well?), it was about going to Draenor. Apparently they just want you to accept it how it is, we're going to a different world with Orcs. Nothing more to it.

than why is it that our reality's kil'jaeden is butthurt about them running away?

unless there was a draenei swap. our reality's draenei went to another reality and we got some other reality's draenei lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    than why is it that our reality's kil'jaeden is butthurt about them running away?

unless there was a draenei swap. our reality's draenei went to another reality and we got some other reality's draenei lol
    The WoW universe is a big place, and the naaru helped the draenei hide.

If they are butchering the lore so much that alternate realities and time traveling are now fully cannon, why can blizzard not make it so we have playable naga or something
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    If they are butchering the lore so much that alternate realities and time traveling are now fully cannon, why can blizzard not make it so we have playable naga or something
    'Butchering lore' says the guy reading a quote from 2006

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    because if blizzard gives us all the good stuff now, there won't be much good stuff for them to give us later
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Or our Sargeras is a good guy never corrupted.

This is why i'm not a fan of over use of time travel and multiple dimensions, it really makes characters and the story lose their uniqueness and epicness.

I find WoD acceptable BECAUSE it's not a time travel story, it's just a vehicle to tell the story of Draenor, if Blizzard went full crazy and started doing full on time travel stories (outside instances), i'd probably end up quitting tbh.
    Multiverses work well for DC and Marvel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    In closing...
    This pretty much.

Metzen wanted the old Orcish badasses (rockstars) to return and they just came up with a nifty story to do that. Since they didn't want to reuse same old Outland (due to how Cataclysm was received) they came up with Draenor before it exploded. But how are they going to explain that? They decided on an alternate universe.

But please people stop speculating about more alternate universes in future expansions, I think WoD is simply an exception. An exception made so we wouldn't have to play on exactly the same Outland as in TBC. You do know that originally they had planned for Garrosh to resurrect all the Warlords on Outland? Yeah, the only reason they didn't do that is because they feared another Cataclysm, so instead they wanted us to explore Draenor before it was ripped apart.

That's all there is to it, no need for crazy theories that tie everything together. Heck, Blizzard never even thinks that far ahead. They just do what is cool in the present.