At what point while leveling does arms of fury overtake protection while soloing?

So, I made a new warrior on a friend's realm and I've been leveling as protection. I've been having a lot of fun doing dungeons and soloing stuff, but I don't like being stuck with one spec. I tried out both arms and fury and they feel so inferior to protection. Shield slam hits really hard, as you are probably aware already, so hard in fact that arms and fury can't compete.

I'm only level 49 right now, but I was wondering when either spec becomes as good or better than protection for solo leveling.

Deleted
    Probably never, unless you do faceroll content.

For questing and similar, I'm pretty sure Fury or Arms is better at any level with decent gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souma View Post
    At what point while leveling does arms of fury overtake protection while soloing?
    If you are leveling in dungeons, never.
    If you are leveling in world, level 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Mage of Rage View Post
    arms in dungeons after 46 with blood and thunder is tough to beat if you're playing correctly. deep wounds tick much harder for arms than prot. after 60 in dungeons with sweeping strikes and bladestorm you're even further ahead of prot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say level 80.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    arms in dungeons after 46 with blood and thunder is tough to beat if you're playing correctly. deep wounds tick much harder for arms than prot. after 60 in dungeons with sweeping strikes and bladestorm you're even further ahead of prot.
    This basically. The moment you get Blood and Thunder your Deep Wounds will tick for half the damage Shield Slam does, on pretty much all nearby targets. Even though prot is a lot less squishy when taking on large numbers of enemies, you can easilly kill targets fast enough as arms to keep yourself up with Victory Rush.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    Except you have to be realistic and take queue times into account. Unless you're rolling with a tank (or to a lesser extent, a healer) your queue times will be ridiculous as opposed to just going Prot and doing LFD back to back non-stop with instant queues.

What I did was dual spec Prot and Arms. I enjoyed Arms more for soloing/questing/PvPing and Prot was for LFDing.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mage of Rage View Post
    Just wrong. Protection is definitely stronger than both dps specs until 80 and still viable till 85. After that its Arms. Fury is basically always useless, unless you are going to spend 50-100k on lvl 80-84 blues from Pandaria.

EDIT: And yes, im talking about solo questing. In dungeons the difference is even more obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    One shotting mobs with shield slam only gets old when you go into a BG and one shot someone with....shield slam. Yeah, low level SS OP

Arms didn't really get better till 80+, but prot was still faster. At 85 with 471 archeology spear Arms get beasty (well, duh), but until that just stay prot. I tried Arms few times during levels and even though bleed is nice, any decent tank will just kill mobs before you get 2 ticks of it, sometimes before it tick at all. And in BC and somewhat WotKL dungeons just hope for DK, their Blood Boil base damage hits like Shield Slam, except it's spammable aoe.