Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therealmagoo View Post
    The prices on your list i think are too steep, $100 for a lvl 90 character ......not a chance. Maybe $30
    WRONG.. Prices are not steep enough.. 10.000€ seems fitting for a level 90... Maybe more...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind a cash shop. I don't mind the Pets, Mounts & Transmog stuff (I'd buy Bikini plate, yeah, i said it.) Lv. 90 characters is tap dancing on the fine line and the leveling elixrs... I expected that once they were datamined a long time ago.

But those prices are "redunkulous"! $30-50 for stat-less Gear? How about $3-5 per piece and maybe $10-$20 per set? I'd never buy a level 90 character at that price (working as intended I'm guessing).

So price tweaking aside, I don't mind. But again, walking the fine line is good. Tap Dancing on it is even edgier. Maybe it won't be so sharp later on down the road.

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not a good idea, at least not with the current business model. From the first time the pet got released in the Cash Cow, it was already a bad idea.

I understand that it's a company and from a company's pov, money is the way to go, but you cannot make and a shop and a subscription model. They can, yes, but it goes against moral principles. You are already paying to play the game, why do you have to fork over cash to unlock parts of a game?

Yes, I read the term "Optional", but if you have payed for the game nicely every month where you always had the ability to obtain anything you want in the game another person can get at the same price, which all agreed on, and suddenly, you have to pay more to get something, that just strikes against all believes of "a good game".

It's not Pay2Win, but it is additional content that is being blocked, unless you fork over more cash. And some people/countries don't earn enough money due to economical standards to be able to pay even more. For some of them, the monthly subscription is already hard enough as it is. Would that make them any less? Probably, but you won't know until you play with them in the first place. But you can't just judge on the part alone that they can't afford it, that would be considered racism. Some just can't. Not everybody lives in America.

It's content that will be forever locked. As others have said, either remove the subscription part, making the game f2p, or make these options available in a form in the game without paying. That way, they can get it without paying extra money, but with more effort. And I'm sure if they really want it, they can try to get it for free. And for those that can afford it easily, I'm sure they won't really turn back and think: "damn, now I can't buy bread for a week, because I bought that damn transmog helm".

My 2 cents.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    I do not foresee additional XP boosts at this time with the free level 90 in WoD, as you'll be able to buy additional copies of the game and get it transferred to the main account. It's their way of introducing this sort of boost in a more subtle fashion without being in the cash shop in plain sight. Basically introducing it without actually introducing it, all under the banner of allowing your friends to immediately play with you. Well played, Blizzard.

I'm assuming you're unhappy with the way they're handling flying seeing its inclusion in the list. Valid points on both sides of that argument.
    Not only do they get to sell you on buying a char without listing it as such, but every char sold is another u it moved for the quarters numbers. Expecting to see "WoD sold 15M units in first quarter, subs at an all time high!" followed quickly by "down 8M subs this quarter" and a wave of "WoW is dying" threads so thick it makes the gods weep for humanity.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, because it seems like another pay-to-win argument that came up when people saw that elixir (even though that was for Asian servers, right?). I don't want to buy stuff that affects performance (exclusive mounts/pets don't count). Having some feature in the game that's constantly reminding you (even in the form of a symbol-it's there) that you can pay for the products? No thanks! Just go to the website and pay for it.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    They can sell everything they want, but only after making the game F2P. This is beyond reasonable.

If I could buy max level toons, I probably would. I've been leveling alts for nearly 7 years on WoW and it's just not even remotely interesting. I refuse to bot because I hate botters (I used to do alot of BGs fairly late in the evening/early morning, all my hatred) and this is the alternative. Say what you want about the leveling being intricate to the MMORPG model, but leveling has been less than relevant in Warcraft for a long, long time. Since the introduction of BoAs and the continual nerfs in XP requirements, it's just a mundane grindfest with auto-turn in addons. Nothing remotely interesting.

I remember when The Secret World announced the shop with their items, they got crucified. While WoW gets away with it for some reason...

I don't see how people can even support the shop if its stuff that you should get for free. If I'm subscribed to a magazine, I shouldn't have to pay extra for a few extra pages, just give me the full package

I've arrived to the conclusion that everything acquirable in-game should be on the cash shop. That way, the folks who want said item, or level, etc can simply buy it, and it frees Blizzard up to tweak content for folks who actually want to be challenged by it, rather than breeze through it with as little disturbance as possible.

Win-win.

Deleted
    So long as it doesn't affect gameplay, it's okay.
    However, buying the instant 90, out of the question. Some filthy rich rtard is just gonna buy lvl 90 chars and know nothing about it how to play and that's bad. Not to mention completely skipping all the content that Blizz poured into the game over the course of 9 years and he's playing for the 1st time.
    Keep the exp elixir, and keep instant lvl 90 per account ONLY.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    * Level 90 Characters - $100 dollars per character
    It'd be cheaper to start a new account, buy all the expansions + WoD and transfer your free level 90. So, good idea, but needs a better price.

Exp Elixirs (Triple xp) - $10 dollars per stack of 20 (one hour elixir that persists through death)
    Love it. Bit cheap though. You could level a char to 90 in that time, but a new level 90 would cost 100 according to your idea.

Garrison Upgrades - $5 per tier upgrade per building
    Neh, this has a real impact on endgame play and shouldn't be buyable.

Mount Flight Training - $10 per character
    Indifferent. I would never buy it, but it's fine when someone else does want it. Just for alts, I see no problem.

* Mounts - $25 (usual price)
    * Pets - $10 (usual price)
    * Transmog Items - $15-$20 each depending on the type of item. Full sets of sweet gear could be sold for more (in the $30-$50 range)
    Yup, all nice.

Do you agree with an in-game Cash Shop??
    Of course. It's a lot easier to buy stuff immediately in game then going to a website to get it, entering codes in another website and then getting something in the mail.

Deleted
    I don't know if I agree with it or not...

I just simply wont use it.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I've arrived to the conclusion that everything acquirable in-game should be on the cash shop. That way, the folks who want said item, or level, etc can simply buy it, and it frees Blizzard up to tweak content for folks who actually want to be challenged by it, rather than breeze through it with as little disturbance as possible.

Win-win.
    Yeah that'll happen.

yes, as long as there is no power to be bought

Quote Originally Posted by Turmoill View Post
    So long as it doesn't affect gameplay, it's okay.
    However, buying the instant 90, out of the question. Some filthy rich rtard is just gonna buy lvl 90 chars and know nothing about it how to play and that's bad. Not to mention completely skipping all the content that Blizz poured into the game over the course of 9 years and he's playing for the 1st time.
    Keep the exp elixir, and keep instant lvl 90 per account ONLY.
    Well, then you're going to have a blast in WoD, seeing as you can, technically, get as many free 90s as you wish. Simple make a new account, buy expansion, transfer free 90 to main account, rinse and repeat. I'm sure people will do that, just as they RaF themselves for alts and rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I'm just gonna leave this here and that'll be my 2 cents in this thread:
    Did anyone really need to know this? It is a bit like needing a signed confession from a burglar after catching him climbing out of your window, wearing a black and white horizontally stripped top, a black mask across his eyes and all your stuff in a bag marked swag.

Deleted
    No, Id never buy anything from there under any condition. I guess minipets and such are sort of fine though but if they want to sell useful items, why not just make it like they do in EVE or Runescape.. or even Diablo 3.

For example sell 30 day ingame items at the store that can be auctioned for ingame currency or RMAH. It wouldnt be as problematic as it is in Diablo because WoW already has gold AH and black market and they seem to be working fine. Adding an option to buy for real money wouldnt change anything since all raid gear is soulbound and cant be traded.

* Level 90 Characters - $100 dollars per character
    That's a little to much, I think it should be about $35-$50 with limitations.
    1) Requires at least 1 level 100 of the same faction on the destine server.
    2) Limit 1 per Battle.net account per 30 days
    3) All character services are locked on the bought toon for 30 days.

PS. Last week I bought a level 80 for $25. I used the Scroll of Resurrection on an old account. Boosted a Pally to 80 then moved it to my main account.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would fully support this. I spent close to $600 in SWTOR in a month just to get everything I wanted from the Cartel Market. I would likely spend closer to $1,000 in a month or two if WoW had a cash shop like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    WRONG.. Prices are not steep enough.. 10.000€ seems fitting for a level 90... Maybe more...
    Considering most Power Level services only charge $75-$100, if Blizz charged $1 per level, they could undercut the other sellers and use that money toward new development.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have no problem with expanding the ingame store, so long they do not sell anything that gives a competitive advantage (XP/level boosts before at least 1 max level character), farm/garrison upgrades, none-cosmetic items, in game gold, reputation / currency boosts)

The current system is fine in my opinion, anything more is treading a fine line.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED