Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Would make WoW way less fun and make it feel as 'cheap'.
    You also shouldn't see any items that gives you advantage over other players (instant lvl90 etc`) so forget about "Level 90 Characters", "Exp Elixirs" and "Garrison Upgrades".

Deleted
    I guess it's within their interest to move the cash shop to in-game rather than only through the web interface at some point. I don't want it to start taking up too much development time (i.e. if they start pumping out new full cosmetic sets and mounts every month rather than 2-3 times per year like they do now) as long as the game's still running on subscription, but as I mentioned I don't mind it in the current volume. I don't claim to know the exact inner workings of Blizzard's art teams and thus I won't make any claims like "but they wouldn't have anything to do otherwise!", but what we can look at are the results, and it's not like Blizzard have gotten worse at delivering new assets that you don't need to pay extra for lately.

As for things that actually give you some kind of in-game benefit, I'd draw the line at EXP elixirs and instant 90's (though not at that price point) since you can already RAF yourself and they're adding a tutorial system for the grantable level 90 character you get along with WoD. So it wouldn't make a huge difference. If they hadn't and you could just buy a character up to high level without being forced to learn how the class works, I'd be a bit more iffy.

As for unlocking garrison parts and not having to repeat questlines on alts, I'll stick with the "at what point are you not even playing your character?" camp. I don't care much for that kind of skipping.
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2013-11-21 at 03:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I've arrived to the conclusion that everything acquirable in-game should be on the cash shop. That way, the folks who want said item, or level, etc can simply buy it, and it frees Blizzard up to tweak content for folks who actually want to be challenged by it, rather than breeze through it with as little disturbance as possible.

Win-win.
    But why not have some things exclusive to the cash shop, and most things exclusive to playing the game as it is now? I think if people want to spend their money on the "extras" via the cash shop, they should have the right to do so.

I doesn't hurt the people who only want to pay their sub in ANY way. Yet they bitch and whine that they don't agree with it. Its ironic how hypocritical some people are. If you don't agree with it, you are perfectly capable of not buying the items on the cash shop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I'm just gonna leave this here and that'll be my 2 cents in this thread:
    wow nice photoshop job.

some people go to extremes to smear me in a bad light..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    No, it's not a good idea, at least not with the current business model. From the first time the pet got released in the Cash Cow, it was already a bad idea.

I understand that it's a company and from a company's pov, money is the way to go, but you cannot make and a shop and a subscription model. They can, yes, but it goes against moral principles. You are already paying to play the game, why do you have to fork over cash to unlock parts of a game?

Yes, I read the term "Optional", but if you have payed for the game nicely every month where you always had the ability to obtain anything you want in the game another person can get at the same price, which all agreed on, and suddenly, you have to pay more to get something, that just strikes against all believes of "a good game".

It's not Pay2Win, but it is additional content that is being blocked, unless you fork over more cash. And some people/countries don't earn enough money due to economical standards to be able to pay even more. For some of them, the monthly subscription is already hard enough as it is. Would that make them any less? Probably, but you won't know until you play with them in the first place. But you can't just judge on the part alone that they can't afford it, that would be considered racism. Some just can't. Not everybody lives in America.

It's content that will be forever locked. As others have said, either remove the subscription part, making the game f2p, or make these options available in a form in the game without paying. That way, they can get it without paying extra money, but with more effort. And I'm sure if they really want it, they can try to get it for free. And for those that can afford it easily, I'm sure they won't really turn back and think: "damn, now I can't buy bread for a week, because I bought that damn transmog helm".

My 2 cents.
    What part about OPTIONAL do you not understand? The items on the cash shop are your option to get them or not if you want to fork over a little $$$. Businesses do this all the time. When you buy a camera, it is optional to buy a good lens. The lens only creates more value to the original product that you bought: the camera. A warcraft pet, or mount is only a value added optional item that does not make or break the original product that you pay for: the game.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with an in game interface for their current services. Do I want them to monetize even more things that should be free? Hell no. What a terrible idea.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to be upse about the shop but I accept it now... no choice anyway.

Stop playing my favorite games because of something optional that doesnt affect my gameplay, it's stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I agree with an in game interface for their current services. Do I want them to monetize even more things that should be free? Hell no. What a terrible idea.
    What should be free in your opinion?

All the services and items on the proposed cash shop are value added items that have no effect on the way you play the game. You can still play it normally with your sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    subscription + Cash Shop... sure, why not?

Deleted
    I don't really see why you anyone would be fine with the current store and not be fine with an in-game version. It's just more convenient for those who do want to buy stuff from it. I also think that they should definitely expand upon it with more mounts, transmog gear, toys etc. And this is coming from someone who has never used the store and probably never will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    What should be free in your opinion?

All the services and items on the proposed cash shop are value added items that have no effect on the way you play the game. You can still play it normally with your sub.
    Spending resources on creating items with the only intention to sell them has already diverted resources from implementing things in the game. It doesn't matter if people work on different things. If someone creates a cosmetic helm to sell, that could have been an earnable item in the game. That's not an addition. That's a loss.

Let's be clear. I have no problems with the concept of providing people extra things for money because it certainly doesn't affect me. I also understand we've experienced this since pets and mounts were in the store. But the process of creating items is something that by default of it not being included in the game is a loss. If they hire someone specifically to work on that then it is still a loss because that is money that could have been invested in other features I already pay for.

In the end it's a questionable practice as it devalues your subscription money. Since anyone who is a customer in the game has to pay a subscription to even access it, everyone's money is being devalued. Not that the net cost (total amount paid) is not being decreased, but the relative value of that cost has decreased. It's just economics, like inflation.

Just because I'm ok with something being wrong on a moderate level doesn't mean I'd like it to magnify. So no thanks, I'd rather they just put all those people on making compelling rewards in the game. However, I would trade free (though limited) account services which are automated and already programmed for the implementation the cash shop you mentioned. B/c then my subscription will have gained value to offset the reduced value from the new store items.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    No, not on a sub based game, doesn't matter if the shop sells power os just cosmetic stuff, if you don't like working for things go play a F2P game.

Deleted
    Dear god no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antinoos View Post
    Absolutely NOT!
    im already pissed about that crappy bat mount being in the cash shop when ive been waiting years for them to put one out, but i guess my hundreds put into the game isnt enough because believe it or not Many of us dont have them money to pay for mounts when we can barely afford to put out the subscription every month
    Last edited by slackjawsix; 2013-11-21 at 04:24 PM.
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Spending resources on creating items with the only intention to sell them has already diverted resources from implementing things in the game. It doesn't matter if people work on different things. If someone creates a cosmetic helm to sell, that could have been an earnable item in the game. That's not an addition. That's a loss.

Let's be clear. I have no problems with the concept of providing people extra things for money because it certainly doesn't affect me. I also understand we've experienced this since pets and mounts were in the store. But the process of creating items is something that by default of it not being included in the game is a loss. If they hire someone specifically to work on that then it is still a loss because that is money that could have been invested in other features I already pay for.

In the end it's a questionable practice as it devalues your subscription money. Since anyone who is a customer in the game has to pay a subscription to even access it, everyone's money is being devalued. Not that the net cost (total amount paid) is not being decreased, but the relative value of that cost has decreased. It's just economics, like inflation.

Just because I'm ok with something being wrong on a moderate level doesn't mean I'd like it to magnify. So no thanks, I'd rather they just put all those people on making compelling rewards in the game. However, I would trade free (though limited) account services which are automated and already programmed for the implementation the cash shop you mentioned. B/c then my subscription will have gained value to offset the reduced value from the new store items.
    So getting back to my example of the camera. If Cannon builds this great camera, and sells it for $1,000, and you buy it, but then they come out with a new lens, or a new accessory that provides value to the camera you purchased, but it will cost you $xyz per accessory, do you think that Cannon is unethical, and its a questionable practice to offer items that aren't necessary for snapping pictures with the camera, but enhance the experience of snapping those pictures? Do you think that just because you bought the camera, you are automatically entitled to all the accessories for free? After all, thats "money that could have been invested in the [camera] that [you] already pay for."

I don't think you understand what a business is and how they operate if you feel the way you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I don't think you understand what a business is and how they operate if you feel the way you do.
    I don't think you understand metaphors or business if you think a subscription model is anything remotely related to what you just said. Try harder.

PS- you asked an opinion, I gave an opinion, it doesn't need you trying to somehow use logic (even though it's fallacious) to convince me otherwise. We disagree. Get over it. The internet is wonderful, no?
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-11-21 at 05:05 PM.
    BAD WOLF

I'm not sure what the policy on necroing is here, but I should mention that you made the same thread 3 months ago and it got up to 17 pages, quite the hefty size. Could have just bumped your old one but it did seems like the discussion had ran its course as the majority of threads don't get that big. I've accidentally done the same thing myself in the past, it's cool.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Blizzard-Store
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2013-11-21 at 05:37 PM.

Deleted
    Maybe if they remove subscription...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    I don't see what the big deal is. If you don't want to pay for anything in the game, then don't! Otherwise, don't tell people what to do with their money.
    If you want to buy a stupid mount/pet/... then I 'm okay with it. Else it is a big deal, because you are progressing in the game with money, while others have to play to achieve the same thing.-
    Last edited by mmoce7f77496c8; 2013-11-21 at 07:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm honestly ok with it and think a cash shop is a good idea, so long as it doesn't feel like an essential thing to any player.

The XP potion and flight license thing would be nice when my friends decide to transfer, or I wish to check out other servers (I'm on a very low pop server, that's not getting merged). I just rolled a character on Zul'Jin to check it out and wish I didn't have to pay either $25 to move my toon, or mindlessly grind stuff I know so well.

Some of us have been playing (not just raiding, but PLAYING) through the game for years. It's a nice gesture to offer an XP boost for cash.

Compared to other games that put out a "packaged high level character" for sale, I think 100 bucks is too much. Especially considering that they've stated you could buy the WoD expansion for all your accounts and get a 90 each time.

I've never understood the avid opposition, when stuff like this has no effect on the economy or players. Everyone doom and gloomed about pets for sale... look where that went? It's less than a niche.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

Deleted
    No. There should not be a cash shop. We are already paying to play each month. Having both is just bad, and letting Blizzard get away with it is even worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by earthan View Post
    No. There should not be a cash shop. We are already paying to play each month. Having both is just bad, and letting Blizzard get away with it is even worse.
    I think you are in the minority son. Most people welcome a cash shop, its just the vocal minority that is complaining. And at the end of the day, they will still be playing the game, even with said cash shop in game.