Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The difference is that leveling is not really a major part of WoW, especially pre-current content. They have no need to inflate XP just to sell potions. If they wanted to make that kind of money they'd sell gear or VP or something.

Also the potions do not apply to current content questing, they stop at 85 or 90 or w/e.

It most certainly is a major part of WoW. Questing and leveling is how you see the STORY. WoW is an MMORPG. That's stands for Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. The key to that is Role Playing. The story is what sets its a part from just being Call of Duty with fantasy stuff. Most people in WoW do not play for just the end game.

YES PLEASE. I already send Blizzard twice the normal sub fee every month since theyre my best friend and I love to see them happy

I'm fine with it. As long as it doesn't go full pay2win, I don't mind at all. Your prices are a bit off though. 100 dollars is way too much for a character. I don't think new characters should cost more than a full expansion should. I think an instant level 100 should be like 20 bucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    I'm fine with it. As long as it doesn't go full pay2win, I don't mind at all. Your prices are a bit off though. 100 dollars is way too much for a character. I don't think new characters should cost more than a full expansion should. I think an instant level 100 should be like 20 bucks.
    Or, at least 60% of the price of the Power Leveling services who already violate the ToS. It could still be a violation to use outside services yet fully supported to pay for a "Character Level Up". $0.50 per level is pretty fair. So lvl 1-90 would cost you $45.50 + Tax.

10+ Year Old Account
    Superficial vanity items only. Mounts, pets, transmog, etc...
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    I honestly can't understand anyone that supports the shop, like ''oh yeah I could have gotten that item from my 15$ monthly fee since they are using my money to produce said items but instead I'll just pay an extra 15$ to get it with no effort what so ever, it's not like I'm paying monthly to actually play the g...oh wait'' and OP you are quite the hipocrit, in another thread you are accusing someone of wanting everything (leveling specially) to be easy because he doesn't like the no fly till 6.1 change, and yet you want it to be even easier by buying max level characters?

This would make the game pay to win. I honestly for one have the type of money where if there was a shop like this I could benefit and would buy every single thing in it like i have already did with the blizzard store and keep on doing. From a semi rich persons view I would love this but from a gamers point of view I wouldn't like this. It wouldn't be fair to those people in the world who can't afford to blow hundreds of dollars on a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but I won't be losing any sleep if they add one.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Or, at least 60% of the price of the Power Leveling services who already violate the ToS. It could still be a violation to use outside services yet fully supported to pay for a "Character Level Up". $0.50 per level is pretty fair. So lvl 1-90 would cost you $45.50 + Tax.
    I really don't think a max level or starting level character should cost more than an expansion. Also, basing the cost on the black market is bad because the black market will just go lower anyway since a lot of them are thieves. Based on the current prices of transfering and stuff, it'd be about 25 dollars I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark Son View Post
    I honestly can't understand anyone that supports the shop, like ''oh yeah I could have gotten that item from my 15$ monthly fee since they are using my money to produce said items but instead I'll just pay an extra 15$ to get it with no effort what so ever, it's not like I'm paying monthly to actually play the g...oh wait'' and OP you are quite the hipocrit, in another thread you are accusing someone of wanting everything (leveling specially) to be easy because he doesn't like the no fly till 6.1 change, and yet you want it to be even easier by buying max level characters?
    I advise against telling people how to spend their money. Also, questing is already 'no effort' as is and it's boring as hell. Questing might be the game to casuals but it's not to me. I'd absolutely love a 1 click button to 100.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberbeastx View Post
    This would make the game pay to win. I honestly for one have the type of money where if there was a shop like this I could benefit and would buy every single thing in it like i have already did with the blizzard store and keep on doing. From a semi rich persons view I would love this but from a gamers point of view I wouldn't like this. It wouldn't be fair to those people in the world who can't afford to blow hundreds of dollars on a game.
    There's nothing in the suggestion that is pay2win at all? I'm going to go back and read it again to make sure. EDIT: Yea it's pretty much all cosmetic stuff though the garrison upgrade is in question. It depends how they flesh out the garrison though.

I feel this poster always just creates threads to stir up drama. It's nauseating.

OP, are you capable of making a thread that isn't highly controversial or is it impossible for you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Jaylock ive never said this, but that would singlehandedly kill WoW as we know it.

Even in a F2P game thats rediculous. The fact Blizzard are even considering a cash shop in game for a SUB based game, is a complete disservice to their playerbase.
    It doesn't currently kill wow. They have a cash shop right now, its just not part of the game user interface.

Please please please someone come up with an actual good argument as to why a cash shop is not good for a sub based game when the item and things are only *GASP* optional value added items that you can choose to, or choose not to pay for!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    I feel this poster always just creates threads to stir up drama. It's nauseating.

OP, are you capable of making a thread that isn't highly controversial or is it impossible for you?
    I create threads for the sole purpose of discussing topics about the game. Thats it. They may be controversial, but thats the point of good discussion. Ya know, to actually discuss those controversial topics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Personally I love the idea, and I think they should continue to develop items and content to offer as an added benefit to whoever would like to pay for it.

What I'd like to see purchasable:

* Level 90 Characters - $100 dollars per character
    * Exp Elixirs (Triple xp) - $10 dollars per stack of 20 (one hour elixir that persists through death)
    * Garrison Upgrades - $5 per tier upgrade per building (allows you to instantly upgrade one of the buildings in your garrison to the next tier. They revealed there would be 3 tiers per building, and the ability to put many buildings in your garrison)
    * Mount Flight Training - $10 per character (after you do the initial quest to unlock flying in 6.1, so you dont have to do the quest chain over again)
    * Mounts - $25 (usual price)
    * Pets - $10 (usual price)
    * Transmog Items - $15-$20 each depending on the type of item. Full sets of sweet gear could be sold for more (in the $30-$50 range)

This is just the beginning of the things they could do and offer as an added benefit in-game for real dollar value. I would love to see more options purchasable via an in game cash shop. Of course there would still be things to get out in the world free of charge, but these would all be just extras, rather than mandatory.

Do you agree with an in-game Cash Shop??
    The prices are a bit high considering we're already paying for subscriptions and expansions. This could work if they decide to make WoW free to play.

Jaylock ive never said this, but that would singlehandedly kill WoW as we know it.

Even in a F2P game thats rediculous. The fact Blizzard are even considering a cash shop in game for a SUB based game, is a complete disservice to their playerbase.
    How would this kill the game? They already have one as is too. They CAN do it really well, as other games have, and have it not be pay2win. If they do decide to do this, people should work with them to make sure it doesn't go pay2win. I don't see how these ideas are any different than we have now.

Deleted
    I advise against telling people how to spend their money.
    I don't care how people spend their money, I care about Blizzard taking our subscription money, producing new items and then trying to sell them to us for extra money when it should be included in the subscription.
    Also, questing is already 'no effort' as is and it's boring as hell. Questing might be the game to casuals but it's not to me. I'd absolutely love a 1 click button to 100.
    That's not the point either, I was pointing out how the OP is quick to tell people to piss off because ''they just want everything easy'' and then turns around and wants to skip the whole leveling process, doesn't matter if it's already easy or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im going to be very bold here and say that I dont even need an argument. Giving people level 90's for $100 will kill the game. The other cosmetic shit is just morally deplorable, however giving people 90's is self destructive, and will no doubt lead to even worse paths.
    Please do explain how it will "kill the game." I am intrigued by your strict adherence to that sentiment.

- - - Updated - - -

Im mainly referring to the whole "buy max level characters" thing. I dont see that as being anything but a bad idea.
    I never said buying max level characters, i said buying level 90 characters.

again...

90 /= 100 Basic math logic.

A cash shop is a terrible idea at least from the customers stand point I don't believe a game company should profit from there problems...

Realms should have been merged earlier the solution shouldn't have been to make 25$

Leveling should either be made better so its not a mindless grind or removed they should not profit from having a terrible leveling experience

The garrision idea is literally at the point of pay to cheat.

Vanity.. stuff well I have mixed feeling about it on one had my subscription already payed for the items so I expect them to drop in game.

Maybe I am of a old dying breed of gamers but I expect a company to want to fix there problems with there product to make consumers happy not profit off of there expense. Why is it now a days we don't expect developers to make things better unless we pay extra?

To be honest it doesn't even make sense from blizzards view with leveling issue they lose a huge amount of players in the grind and while I appreciate the free 90 it begs the question of why we can't just start all our new characters there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Im going to be very bold here and say that I dont even need an argument. Giving people level 90's for $100 will kill the game. The other cosmetic shit is just morally deplorable, however giving people 90's is self destructive, and will no doubt lead to even worse paths.
    Aren't we all getting a free 90 with the purchase of WoD anyway?

I allready pay for the f*ing game, I hate when they add pets and mounts in the shop instead of just adding them inside the actual game as a reward.

I don't mind the instant lvl 90.

Im mainly referring to the whole "buy max level characters" thing. I dont see that as being anything but a bad idea.
    It won't change anything in the game at all. People already don't know how to play as is. In all honesty, most people won't even buy it. The only legit question is how many people would even buy a 90/100 character at all? Most people are quester casuals who LIKE questing. I don't see many people besides raiders/returning raiders buying it so it probably won't be worth the hassle. Maybe a 90 would be good for a quester who only has WoD but only people that would be 100 would be a raider pretty much and they're pretty small of a group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently, but I dont know the conditions for that, it seems a bit unlikely they would give brand new players a lvl 90. I suspect it would be an option if you already have an account. Regardless it is a one time thing, having a shop to just bulk buy alts is so messed up.
    Not sure it would be all that bad. Those of us who have played for more than 5 years have been through all the classes and likely would enjoy having alts on other realms. If I had the change to replicate my setup from Blade's Edge on Wyrmrest Accord just by throwing money at it, I would... in a HEARTBEAT.