Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antinoos View Post
    Absolutely NOT!
    100000 times THIS^

I am fundamentally against subscription MMO that has microtransactions.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    What next though? Once they break the seal on characters it wouldnt even take effort to monetise the whole game into one big P2W. Its a slippery slope argument but well, Blizzard already slid down one before, so we have something to relate to. Regardless im not too fond of the idea, however im starving so ill let you chat with Jaylock for awhile.
    Games that are pay2win don't generally succeed now though. All these slippery slope fears are annoying. Give me evidence, examples, numbers. Show me where going P2W was good for a game? The only way this game can go full pay2win is to sell gear straight up. I don't see how that would be good for a f2p game, let alone a p2p game.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    If I actually said what I was thinking right now I'd be permanently banned from this site.
    Exactly my thoughts.. like really, we pay a montly fee and you want such ridiculous prices set for more in-game goods?

Also this..
    Absolutely NOT!

People who play WoW have no concept of value.... do they?

Remember all those times Blizzard said "throwing money at the problem won't make it go away" or "just paying for more won't let us do it faster/more"? You're paying 15bucks a month (plus an assortment of other fees) already, why would you want Blizzard to purposely shave away from what you're getting now and sell it to you for extra money?
    You're literally asking to be ripped off.

Deleted
    Absolutely NOT!
    ^^ This. 10chars

If I actually said what I was thinking right now I'd be permanently banned from this site.
    Pretty much this.

I don't support a p2w store at all, and i belive all current pets, mounts and transmog should be removed from the store and added into the game, no longer purchaseable with real money.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely NOT!
    had to quote this^

10+ Year Old Account
    Same probably.

I...yeah you get the jist from my implication here. Gtfo.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Apparently, but I dont know the conditions for that, it seems a bit unlikely they would give brand new players a lvl 90. I suspect it would be an option if you already have an account. Regardless it is a one time thing, having a shop to just bulk buy alts is so messed up.
    Everyone who buys WoD, gets a free 90. Everyone includes new players. You can also simply buy more accounts, get more level 90s and transfer them all to your main account. So it's just as easy to put them on the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Personally I love the idea, and I think they should continue to develop items and content to offer as an added benefit to whoever would like to pay for it.

What I'd like to see purchasable:

* Level 90 Characters - $100 dollars per character
    * Exp Elixirs (Triple xp) - $10 dollars per stack of 20 (one hour elixir that persists through death)
    * Garrison Upgrades - $5 per tier upgrade per building (allows you to instantly upgrade one of the buildings in your garrison to the next tier. They revealed there would be 3 tiers per building, and the ability to put many buildings in your garrison)

* Mount Flight Training - $10 per character (after you do the initial quest to unlock flying in 6.1, so you dont have to do the quest chain over again)
    * Mounts - $25 (usual price)
    * Pets - $10 (usual price)
    * Transmog Items - $15-$20 each depending on the type of item. Full sets of sweet gear could be sold for more (in the $30-$50 range)

This is just the beginning of the things they could do and offer as an added benefit in-game for real dollar value. I would love to see more options purchasable via an in game cash shop. Of course there would still be things to get out in the world free of charge, but these would all be just extras, rather than mandatory.

Do you agree with an in-game Cash Shop??
    I'm not sure you understand what P2W is. P2W is rarely items that are unobtainable elsewhere, besides vanity items. P2W is getting stuff for real money instead of ingame effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    What next though? Once they break the seal on characters it wouldnt even take effort to monetise the whole game into one big P2W. Its a slippery slope argument but well, Blizzard already slid down one before, so we have something to relate to. Regardless im not too fond of the idea, however im starving so ill let you chat with Jaylock for awhile.
    Most slippery slop arguments are just fall backs really. If you think about it, even with ALL the crap in the Cartel Market for SWTOR, there is still no real "PAY TO WIN" option. It is all cosmetic. Just because you BUY a lvl 90, does not guarantee you making it to lvl 100 (cause you still have to quest 10 more levels) nor does it insure you get Heroic raid gear. If... and I mean IF they sold lvl 100 gear in the store, it would likely be 10 ilvls BELOW crafted gear. So people who are long time players would much rather just pay to try a class. PTR is not always a viable option.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think if people want to buy convenience that's fine, but I wouldn't want to see stuff like "DPS enhancing potion" on there or anything.

Also I think it could be cool to have some transmo outfits for sale, but nothing with actual stats.

I really don't get how Blizzard even gets away with stuff like this. Whenever other games try this out (that don't even require a sub to pay), they get crucified by pretty much everyone. When WoW does it, everyone seems to be okay with it.

Why can't people just say ''NO!'' to Blizzard once in a while?

Deleted
    I mainly play Guild Wars 2, and they got a cash store with various of stuff, like cosmetics, boosters, quality-of-life items, but nothing that makes you stronger against other players if you ever PvP. I can see their reasons behind a cash store, since the game is Buy to Play.

World of Warcraft?

Well, it looks like they have noticed that the cash store is a very good income.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I'm just gonna leave this here and that'll be my 2 cents in this thread:
    Exactly what i was talking about...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

* Level 90 Characters - $100 dollars per character
    * Exp Elixirs (Triple xp) - $10 dollars per stack of 20 (one hour elixir that persists through death)
    * Garrison Upgrades - $5 per tier upgrade per building (allows you to instantly upgrade one of the buildings in your garrison to the next tier. They revealed there would be 3 tiers per building, and the ability to put many buildings in your garrison)
    * Mount Flight Training - $10 per character (after you do the initial quest to unlock flying in 6.1, so you dont have to do the quest chain over again)
    * Mounts - $25 (usual price)
    * Pets - $10 (usual price)
    * Transmog Items - $15-$20 each depending on the type of item. Full sets of sweet gear could be sold for more (in the $30-$50 range)
    Level 90 characters for $100, seems reasonable

exp elixers, not sure about stack of 20

garrison upgrades... sounds terrible

mount flight training... sounds terrible

mounts... normal

pets... normal

transmog items... sure, but if they are ones like Replica PVP or heirloom. NO THANKS. That's just unfair to the pvpers again. 1800 Might not be much for some people, but if they cant put in ANY effort at all.....
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

I only agree if it is 100% vanity. If it can provide any boosts in any way, shape or form, whether it is just making something easier or whatever, then no.

Prior to account-wide mounts I considered the mounts P2W since alts wouldn't have to buy a new mount. For the pets before Mists they were vanity, now they can help in pet battles, and are all rare quality. I don't know how good they are, but they should be banned from pet battles.

The helms? Don't care. However I would be sad if they do alot of nice armor in the store, but it isnt P2W.

Experience pots, honor gain pots, anything that makes stuff easier in game needs to go. Nobody should get anything easier by paying real money.

reminds me of this video skip to 5:19

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    I only agree if it is 100% vanity. If it can provide any boosts in any way, shape or form, whether it is just making something easier or whatever, then no.

Prior to account-wide mounts I considered the mounts P2W since alts wouldn't have to buy a new mount. For the pets before Mists they were vanity, now they can help in pet battles, and are all rare quality. I don't know how good they are, but they should be banned from pet battles.

The helms? Don't care. However I would be sad if they do alot of nice armor in the store, but it isnt P2W.

Experience pots, honor gain pots, anything that makes stuff easier in game needs to go. Nobody should get anything easier by paying real money.
    For your vanity only, it SHOULD not include 1800 replica gear either. That's effort to get too atleast, some people PVP just for it.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

100 per max level character? Screw that, maybe 25/30.