Poll: Fav (expansion) starting zone

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hellfire peninsula , pure Warcraft

the music , the scenario = immersion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Hellfire, no question.
    I hate(d) Hellfire so much. Sure, it felt somewhat epic...but I still absolutely cannot stand the whole setting of it, let alone the quests.

Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    i'm probably one of few, but my favorite was definitely vash'jir. i wish they hadn't cancelled that raid... :/ borean would be my second favorite because i love snowy environments.
    Woo! We're the only two who voted Vash.

I loved Howling Fjord a lot, too, but Vash was just stunning. The underwater combat was so much better than I expected, and I loved the scenery/questlines.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

For me it would go:

Hellfire Peninsula > Mount Hyjal > Borean Tundra > Howling Fjord > Jade Forest > Vash'jir

10+ Year Old Account
    Have to go with Jade Forest
    "I made this!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    i'm probably one of few, but my favorite was definitely vash'jir. i wish they hadn't cancelled that raid... :/ borean would be my second favorite because i love snowy environments.
    I don't hate vash'jir nearly as much now as I did the first time through it. The storyline is great but I still find it too slow to level an alt through. Borean suffers the same issues that hellfire did to me. After the first push there's no real immediate threat to push you forward.
    You either die a Varian, or live long enough to see yourself become a Thrall...

I LOVED Borean Tundra. I really felt like I was stepping into an adventure and didn't know what we'd find. And to me, the quests were really engaging.

Hellfire was majestic and totally nailed the transfer to another world (and to a new chapter of game) perfectly. Borean Tundra was quite great but it started the whole you are hero quest shlick where you are being put against increasingly infeasible odds but when translated to gameplay you could do it eyes closed. Howling Fjord was a bit too "gentle" start for expansion like Wrath.

Now Hyjal, this place was terrible. It was like a chapter from Knaak's books and the "quality" of the writing well reflected it, what with going on with the tone set by the pre-Cata event in which the "impending end of the world" shit was pulled straight out of comedy-comic.

In comparison, Vashjir was excellent. It was beautiful, it explored often forgotten bits of WoW lore and gave a nice sneak peek to the history of the area along with imaginative creatures you would commune with. Main questline wasn't entirely derp either which for Cata standards is quite the achievement.

As for Pandaria, I loved the Horde start but the Alliance one felt a bit bland.

Overall order would be:

Hellfire
    Horde Pandaria
    Borean Tundra
    Vash'jir
    Borean
    Howling Fjord
    Hyjal
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Vashj'ir and Hellfire.

Pretty much the question I had to ask myself was: What starting zones are even bearable enough to play through multiple times?

Hellfire Peninsula >>>>>>>>>>>> Mount Hyjal > Howling Fjord > Vash'jir >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Borean Tundra > Jade Forest

Quote Originally Posted by liam78 View Post
    Hellfire Peninsula >>>>>>>>>>>> Mount Hyjal > Howling Fjord > Vash'jir >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Borean Tundra > Jade Forest
    Howling Fjord hands down. The music, the feel, the overall design....it just came together so well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm with the howling fjord pick too. Borean tundra had its moments, but it lost that in other areas and design, where as the fjord was amazing all the way though, infact, its the only zone i love to just dismount and run around in even when I can fly, the music, the trees, the icy hills in the distance, it didn't feel saturated like other zones.

My fav order.

Howling Fjord - Borean Tundra - Jade Forest - Vash'hir - Hellfire - Hyjal
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Vashj'ir was awesome for first experiencing it. Shame the rest of the expansion wasn't as good.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved hellfire, seeing that huge pitlord and the battle going on at the dark portal was awesome.

Hellfire because of the sheer feeling of scale and intensity...

Howling Fjord for the environment and lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vashj'ir because fighting for my life alongside Legionnaire Nazgrim felt like one hell of a fight. They did a great job making an amazingly beautiful zone, and yet contrasting that with the questing, that made you feel like it was a seat of your pants battle where you were the underdog the entire time.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Easily Vash'jir. Jade Forest comes in second.

Howling Fjord and Hellfire are both the best so far, and it's really painful to choose one over the other...

but Hellfire holds a special place in my heart... so I went with that. I still remenber passing through the Dark Portal for the first time..
    man....

Can a new Race starting Zone count?
    Cause Hands-down, Gilneas is my favorite (race) starting zone of all time (well currently)

10+ Year Old Account
    I LOVED Jade Forrest.
    Unfortunately I hated every other zone in MoP other than Kun'Lai which was decent.