Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Alliance Players - How the hell do you do Timeless Isle?

I can't kill anything. Not a single mob. If I even touch one of the lvl 91 monsters, I'm guaranteed to die. Not because I can't handle them. No no no. But because the island is literally crawling with horde. They kill me, and then they get their buddies together and GY camp me. Why? I don't know. After the first time it's literally no gain to them. Maybe their parents never loved them, who knows. But the really frustrating thing is that every last one of them is an honorless coward. They literally never take me on in a fair fight. They always wait until my health is low, then sweep in to ruin whatever I'm doing. I can count the number of times I've been attacked above 50% health on one hand. Know why? Because that number is 0.

So alliance players: How do you work under these conditions?

Horde players (specifically the ones on Kil'Jaeden): Please stop being miserable pricks.

Very simple answer that I thought someone of your high post count would know.
    If you can't handle PvP then don't roll on a PvP server.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Game's hard g dawg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple solution: don't roll on a PVP server if you don't expect to PVP.

Also, this doesn't only pertain to Alliance players. I'm sure there's a Hordey out there having the same issue as you, with, you know, all the Ally "miserable pricks" camping them as well.

Hope for the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    ask this to Ravencrest - EU Alliance players and they will have a couple answers i am sure since my server is %99.9 alliance.

and yes, a pvp server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Alliance Players - How the hell do you do Timeless Isle?
    On Sargeras, with a 90% Alli pop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't look for fairness in world PvP. There is basically no rules.

I hate to spam the age old message; but if you don't like it move to a PvE server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    ask this to Ravencrest - EU Alliance players and they will have a couple answers i am sure since my server is %99.9 alliance.

and yes, a pvp server.
    Yeah. Ravencrest EU. Haven't seen Horde in a while. More worried about Alliance blood coin farmers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Very simple answer that I thought someone of your high post count would know.
    If you can't handle PvP then don't roll on a PvP server.
    Two things, both of which you already know but I'll indulge you anyway:
    1. If you want to be in any sort of decent progression guild, pvp server is mandatory. Also, fuck me for wanting to play with my friends, right?
    2. This isn't real pvp. This is cheap, underhanded tricks. I would love for one of these fuckers to challenge me to an honorable, 1v1, fair fight. However, they are literally incapable of it. They know they can't win a real fight, so they avoid them like a plague. The fact that you stand up for these people is abhorrent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mage of Rage View Post
    On Sargeras, with a 90% Alli pop.
    I envy you. I really do.

How did I kill them? By rolling on a PVE server because the "community" on those servers are less toxic and douchey compared to PVP servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't kill anything. Not a single mob. If I even touch one of the lvl 91 monsters, I'm guaranteed to die. Not because I can't handle them. No no no. But because the island is literally crawling with horde. They kill me
    Turn your PvP flag off by right-clicking your character pane and disabling PvP.

If you're on a PvP server, then buy a character transfer to an Alliance-dominated PvP server or any PvE server.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Have a look at server populations and find an even population or alliance dominated pvp server and Xfer there. I'm sure the alliance on frostmourne have no problems with timeless isle. Alternately try a pve server.

*edit* get someone to make an alt on a different server and inv you to group so you get in that servers timeless isle phase. Can prob use OQ for the same effect.

And if you want to play with friends get them on the isle with you. You can do everything but normal raids xrealm as well so being on a different realm does not affect you playing with friends unless you raid.
    Last edited by Splatter; 2013-11-21 at 03:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. If you want to be in any sort of decent progression guild, pvp server is mandatory. Also, fuck me for wanting to play with my friends, right?
    You traded the ability to do Timeless Isle for the chance at getting into a progression guild.
    2. This isn't real pvp.
    Blizzard aren't very good at PvP, hence why PvE servers are far better.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

This happens to both sides.

Roll onto/transfer to a PvE server, or an empty PvP server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    Have a look at server populations and find an even population or alliance dominated pvp server and Xfer there. I'm sure the alliance on frostmourne have no problems with timeless isle. Alternately try a pve server.
    Well I'm not just going to up and abandon a community I've been in for years over something this minor. But I see other alliance players on my server who seem to handle this place just fine. They seem to magically evade all conflict whatsoever. I just want to know how

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Blizzard aren't very good at PvP, hence why PvE servers are far better.
    Your opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I envy you. I really do.
    Sargeras is not my original server - I transferred my Alli main there during Cata because my old one died, and because the stats are favorable for Alliance.
    My Horde main, on the other hand, was sent to Illidan...

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the PvP servers are horde heavy. I eventually got sick of dealing with it and transferred to a PvE realm. Going from a half empty Horde filled PvP server to an Alliance heavy PvE server actually made me enjoy the game again. If you're not tied to your server I suggest moving. If PvP is your thing there are a few Alliance run servers to go to as well.
    You either die a Varian, or live long enough to see yourself become a Thrall...

Two things, both of which you already know but I'll indulge you anyway:
    Get them to help you out then. What kind of friends leaves another friend at the mercy of his or her enemy? Take a stand!

Well I'm not just going to up and abandon a community I've been in for years over something this minor. But I see other alliance players on my server who seem to handle this place just fine. They seem to magically evade all conflict whatsoever. I just want to know how
    You don't want to abandon a community you've been in for years?

Why not ask THEM. They are the ones dealing with the EXACT same circumstances you are. Asking on these forums compared to this "community" that you are supposedly so tight with seems illogical.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.