Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Blizzard, forget raids, just make 15 man casual Dungeons. PLZ

Did you see that interview at the front? Where they actually show that they're dumb enough to believe that TASTE is subjective... and based on what they said, they're going to make sure that it's EASY first but hard to master after.

What this means for the next 20 expansions:

>Easy 5 man FIRST.
    >Raid on Tuesday
    >Long waiting time.
    >Raid on Thursday
    >Long wait time thru the rest of the week and weekend.

Was this the design during Vanilla and TBC? NO, It's the 15 man hard sht first and then even HARDDDERRRR sht after. The initial end game stuff you gotta do lasted so long that it took you along time to do and ALWAYS gave you an activity to do WHEN you want to do them. This is the only reason why wow blow up. Now a day they're shooting themselves in the foot. They took what was a once a lasting activity and they make you finish REALLY fast by making it 5 man faceroll hotcake loot hall. Then all that is left is WAIT time... for raid... and sometime your only option is a TWO days raiding guild.

>Wait time makes me unsub.

YOU SERIOUS BLIZZ? No wonder why WoW is loosing sub by the mil. Ur taking away our activity and you giving us wait time. No wonder why ppl unsub. What's worse is, they try to find activities to fill up these wait time period with leveling alt, gearing up alt, scenario, pet battle, stuff that has no perceived worth while reward like looting gear and feeling like your gear is worth some thing. You fill up the wait time with redundant un rewarding activities that only make you MORE BORED.

>Basically Blizz is funneling and herding you into unsubbing.
    >This game is all about loot and feeling like your loot is worth something jesus.

Taste is not subjective, forget raid, everyone want this 15 man format. Forget investing on PvP to make it complex, just make 8 15 man dungeons, make them challenging but doable for 15 man PUG groups that can form at any moment, then afterward they can do 3 shot PvP in PvE gear. Force everyone to play like this, they enjoy it, taste is not subjective. Lets get real here:

>8 million players
    >taste is subjective
    >No 8 million version of the game for everyone?

How do you know your game design won't satisfy only ONE person and make it terrible for everyone else? the rest 7,999,999 people?

You make a game for 8 million people, you say "taste is subjective", and you hope some of them aggregate into "subjective group" that happens to have OVERLAP in taste but have subjective taste from other "subjective group"? seriously? you assume taste is not subjective for people who belongs to one subjective group? where's your taste is subjective argument now? How dumb.

Instead of worrying about making epic raid that no one experienced and adding a LFR version that is DETRIMENTAL to your experience, spend the time making epic raid to making epic 15 man dungeons with the difficulty and gear spread out of UBRS, Scholo, and Strath, and have nice collectable gear like the old 8 piece set that take you a long time to collect.
    Last edited by LairenyX; 2013-11-21 at 06:36 AM.

hmmm... no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LairenyX View Post
    For each expansion, just make like 8 15 man dungeons, at difficulties that random groups can form at any moment in time, doable, and with distribution of gear over area that'll last you a long time to collect PLZ.
    If they make content that random groups can form and do successfully, it will be as mind-numbingly boring as the current dungeons. It can't be a good idea to have an entire expansion's worth of content that will be completed by most players within the first week of release.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgosh View Post
    If they make content that random groups can form and do successfully, it will be as mind-numbingly boring as the current dungeons. It can't be a good idea to have an entire expansion's worth of content that will be completed by most players within the first week of release.
    NOO, that's what UBRS, Strath, and Scholo in Vanilla are. It's 15 man content that any random group can form and DO at ANY MOMENT in the week. Is it easily done? is it mind numbing boring? NO. In modern post 2013, all they need are dungeons like this but 6 more. Those dungeon weren't hotcake loot hall is what they weren't.

So you basically want 8 BRD and dire maul type dungeons per expansion but you just add 5 more players? I don't mind long dungeons like that but the playerbase today doesn't basd on conversations I've seen.

NOO, that's what UBRS, Strath, and Scholo in Vanilla are. It's 15 man content that any random group can form and DO at ANY MOMENT in the week. Is it easily done? is it mind numbing boring? NO. In modern post 2013, all they need are dungeons like this but 6 more. Those dungeon weren't hotcake loot hall is what they weren't.
    hmm
    any random group
    content
    at any moment

sounds like you want 15man LFR's? Otherwise random groups wont succeed whatsoever.
    They also wouldnt be dungeons, it'd be a raid.

Also, they dont limit your "playtime"
    YOU limit your playtime, YOU choose how much to raid

10+ Year Old Account
    Runescape has WAYYYYY tons more activity that you can do WHEN you want to. WoW don't have this. All they have is raid that you gotta wait for, it's pointless. Aside from this, they also have pointless 5 man faceroll hotcakes loot hall that is also pointless.
    So what you're saying is that Blizzard has provided nothing for you to do between scheduled raids?

I guess you've forgotten about:

• Timeless Isle
    • Pet Battles
    • Scenarios
    • Challenge Modes
    • Proving Grounds
    • Brawler's Guild
    • Achievement Hunting
    • Pet/Mount Gathering
    • PvP, which includes BG's, RBG's, world PvP (raiding other cities), and Arenas
    • Leveling alts
    • LFR/Flex on alt characters

There is more but I don't feel like listing it.

Deleted
    If this goes thru,, then they can say bye bye to like 5million suscribers i think

If pugs can do them, they're not hard. Organized groups had no trouble doing those dungeons, that's not an expansions worth of content, that's barely a weeks worth of content.

Yeah, I used to be like that too. Log on, raid, get off, wait for next raid.

Then I decided that was dumb, and started PvPing in between raids. Much much more fun, and something to do.

There's tons to do in WoW, you're just opting to either not do it or ignore it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Darsithis said, there's a lot of activities to do in game. However, I pmuch only log in to raid because I've already completed/burned out on the things s/he listed. I look forward to burning myself out on Garrisons.

5 mans vs larger sizes just has a different feel to them. You effectively described LFR. The new normal of WoD will be todays flex which is friendly towards PuGing. The size of the raids however and the lack of them being split into separate lockouts like LFR leaves it to be a bit of a hassle for the players short on time which is still a problem with LFR taking as long as PuG raiding normal mode took me back in Cata.

As a fan of holy-trinity game play I am in support of more dungeons, I dont see the purpose in trying to make them effectively a raid and the only group based content. I rather heroic dungeons be an alternative to LFR for players who want something more tight nit and smaller chunks with less of the random dbag queue issues. I am thinking this is more of just a case where I dont share your views of dungeons.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-11-21 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    So what you're saying is that Blizzard has provided nothing for you to do between scheduled raids?

I guess you've forgotten about:

• Timeless Isle
    • Pet Battles
    • Scenarios
    • Challenge Modes
    • Proving Grounds
    • Brawler's Guild
    • Achievement Hunting
    • Pet/Mount Gathering
    • PvP, which includes BG's, RBG's, world PvP (raiding other cities), and Arenas
    • Leveling alts
    • LFR/Flex on alt characters

There is more but I don't feel like listing it.
    Really, they're worthless activities with no reward like treasure hunting and loot obtaining.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    5 mans vs larger sizes just has a different feel to them. You effectively described LFR. The new normal of WoD will be todays flex which is friendly towards PuGing. The size of the raids however and the lack of them being split into separate lockouts like LFR leaves it to be a bit of a hassle for the players short on time which is still a problem with LFR taking as long as PuG raiding normal mode took me back in Cata.

As a fan of holy-trinity game play I am in support of more dungeons, I dont see the purpose in trying to make them effectively a raid and the only group based content. I rather heroic dungeons be an alternative to LFR for players who want something more tight nit and smaller chunks with less of the random dbag queue issues.
    Except with LFR is faceroll hotcakes hall that make you feel like your rewards are diamond ring that is actually plastics.

Except with LFR is faceroll hotcakes hall that make you feel like your rewards are diamond ring that is actually plastics.
    So are you asking for something like WoD normals or todays Flex difficulty but in smaller time chunks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly you're playing the wrong game. And what the hell does faceroll hotcakes hall mean?
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    So are you asking for something like WoD normals or todays Flex difficulty but in smaller time chunks?
    I'm asking for 15 man UBRS, back in the day. Was UBRS a faceroll hotcake loot hall? NO, you go in sometime you fail mid way, you quit and you try again later. I'm asking for exactly what UBRS, scholo, and strath was with 8 piece collectable that LAST YOU A LONGGG TIME TO COLLECT.

ESPECIALLY if you're casual.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Clearly you're playing the wrong game. And what the hell does faceroll hotcakes hall mean?
    Can someone tell me please? if he does not understand what I mean "faceroll hotcakes loot hall means", should I talk to him?

10+ Year Old Account
    Really, they're worthless activities with no reward like treasure hunting and loot obtaining.
    Then I guess this isn't your game anymore. If nothing in it interests you, I don't understand why you still play it. You can't blame Blizzard...they provide a ton of content.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    And what the hell is this 'long waiting time' you are babbling about?
    I think he's saying that he wants a grind again that lasts for months for the smallest items.

But aren't raids in their own way slightly less casual dungeons? Pretty much just do a 15m flex raid and you've got what you wanted. Don't really see what this would add to the game that isn't there aside from a more crowded dungeon which doesn't sound that enjoyable.
    Last edited by Myrandron; 2013-11-21 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So you are saying that taste is NOT subjective?
    Can you please leave this forum. And the internet. Forever.
    That is not up to you to decide.

But really; What are you trying to say?
    And what the hell is this 'long waiting time' you are babbling about?
    If you don't believe that taste is NOT subjective then address the last part of my OP. How can blizzard expect their game to satisfy 8 million people when that view actually should show that their game satisfy only 1 person because "taste" is subjective? they clearly are hopping that these 8 million people aggregate into "subjective groups" where member of the same group have overlapping and non subjective taste but their taste is different from another "subjective group". Basically they're saying OHHh... okay taste is subjective except these mass of people just happen to have unsubjective taste and they like the same crap.... but their taste is different from the other group's taste.

>0 Credibility.

Dude, common, how can you not saying loot obtaining and treasure hunting is not what 95% of the player likes and their loot feels worthy? dude that's not subjective, everyone likes that damn.

If you don't understand what "long wait time" mean when I describe my past raiding schedule, I shouldn't take you a troll. Can someone confirm me on this?
    Last edited by LairenyX; 2013-11-21 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    And what the hell does faceroll hotcakes hall mean?
    I've got no idea.